Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fidlock Bottles For BTA/BTS Setups?
Quote | Reply
I'm setting up a TT bike for Half Distance racing, and am trying to figure out a good system for hydration (2 bottles). While I know there's the tried and true rubber band to prevent a bottle from ejecting, I was wondering if anyone has used a Fidlock system (or if it'd be a terrible idea) to mitigate the risk of bottles shooting off in transition or on the course.

Cyclist masquerading as a runner, pretending to be a triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Fidlock Bottles For BTA/BTS Setups? [cpurcell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used it on the down tube.

If I recall, it's kinda heavy.

Even worse, you really do hunt around a bit for locking it back down. It feels very not intuitive unless you get it lined up exactly right.

Behind the saddle, it feels like it would be mission impossible. Maybe between the arms is better. I could see that possibly working as long as you had clearance. You kinda need to twist it sideways to get it out.

The helmet strap is gold and every helmet should have one. The water bottle one isn't good for fast intuitive re-installs, but it's easy to remove when you want and will definitely not come off on accident.
Last edited by: Lurker4: May 10, 24 13:37
Quote Reply
Re: Fidlock Bottles For BTA/BTS Setups? [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I have heard that getting the orientation right is quite the challenge. Maybe I'll experiment with the BTA and just get a Gorilla cage for the back.

Cyclist masquerading as a runner, pretending to be a triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Fidlock Bottles For BTA/BTS Setups? [cpurcell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Fidlock Bottles For BTA/BTS Setups? [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i did something similar with an elastic shoelace, but admittedly it looks a lot jankier than that setup
Quote Reply
Re: Fidlock Bottles For BTA/BTS Setups? [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
walie wrote:
i did something similar with an elastic shoelace, but admittedly it looks a lot jankier than that setup

I used a garmin rubber band, washer, and electrical tape :)
Quote Reply