Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Panama City Beach recommendation
Quote | Reply
 We will be in PCB next week and I'm looking for a recommendation for a good seafood restaurant. I know the touristy ones do most of the advertising but we are looking for more of a local place. I grew up going to PCB every summer but I'm sure the old places I knew are not around any more.

There will be 10 of us if that matters in places to go.

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Panama City Beach recommendation [timmar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't go out to eat on the beach too much, but can recommend a couple.

Hunt and Gather Raw Bar and Pub is incredible https://huntandgatherrawbarandpub.com/

Capt. Andersons is still open - pretty touristy but good based on what others have said. I haven't been there in 20 years, but if you liked it before - it is still open.

Firefly is excellent. They have an affiliated sandwich shop next door that has a great cuban sandwich if you want something for lunch.

Simply Seafood is in Lynn Haven off of hwy 77 and it has excellent seafood. It is probably 15-20 minutes from the beach depending on traffic

Saltwater Grill and Hunt's Oyster Bar are pretty good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dusty's Oyster Bar is a must - sit at the shucking bar in the back, crack a beer and watch the guys work while eating some fresh oysters.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Panama City Beach recommendation [Rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I appreciate the suggestions. Might have to go to Capt. Andersons just for old times sake. And one of the others too.
Quote Reply
Re: Panama City Beach recommendation [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'll add it to the list.
Quote Reply
Re: Panama City Beach recommendation [Rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rick_pcfl wrote:
Simply Seafood is in Lynn Haven off of hwy 77 and it has excellent seafood. It is probably 15-20 minutes from the beach depending on traffic

This was the winner. And it was fantastic.

AND they are generous and caring business. A little back story to give them their props:

A PCB non profit (wishuponastarfish.com) had gifted our family a few days at the beach. While the director took our kids, sugared them up, and put them on go karts, the wife and I got to go out to a dinner. We did not know but he found out where we were going and called to cover the cost of our meal. When Simpli Seefood heard the story, they would not let him nor us pay. And they are covering a dinner for the next family in a few weeks. Childhood cancer sucks but these two organizations along with several other volunteers gave our family a nice vacation.

Thanks for the recommendation - it has already turned into something bigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timmar wrote:
Rick_pcfl wrote:

This was the winner. And it was fantastic.

AND they are generous and caring business. A little back story to give them their props:

A PCB non profit (wishuponastarfish.com) had gifted our family a few days at the beach. While the director took our kids, sugared them up, and put them on go karts, the wife and I got to go out to a dinner. We did not know but he found out where we were going and called to cover the cost of our meal. When Simpli Seefood heard the story, they would not let him nor us pay. And they are covering a dinner for the next family in a few weeks. Childhood cancer sucks but these two organizations along with several other volunteers gave our family a nice vacation.

Thanks for the recommendation - it has already turned into something bigger.

Thanks for the update and the full story. It is great to hear what they did. I am happy that it worked out so well.
Quote Reply