Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Met Drone?
Quote | Reply
I noticed some updates to the Met Drone from yesterdays Giro TT.
Here it is compared to the Met Drone used in UAE Tour 2024 from McNulty.

Quote Reply
Re: New Met Drone? [treyxt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would they change the already "most used aero helmut by Pros" ?? They could launch a new product, yes - not update the Drone, I think...

treyxt wrote:
I noticed some updates to the Met Drone from yesterdays Giro TT.
Here it is compared to the Met Drone used in UAE Tour 2024 from McNulty.

Quote Reply
Re: New Met Drone? [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mulen wrote:
Why would they change the already "most used aero helmut by Pros" ?? They could launch a new product, yes - not update the Drone, I think...

Given all the new aero helmets showing up in the pro ranks, they may have felt that they needed to show something new (the drone is a bit long in the tooth....kinda like the Giro Aerohead before the new "dark helmet" monstrosity Jumbo is wearing). Doing a quick shell mod (while leaving the foam and visor unchanged) was probably quickest solution. Alternately, they may have been working with Pog and tweaking the drone to work better for his position.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: New Met Drone? [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It just looks like a variation of the tail so a small evolution of their 'wide body' helmet. They already have the Codatronca as another TT helmet with the shorter tail. I am sure the fact Pog is wearing it and we are talking about it will be a marketing dream.
Quote Reply
Re: New Met Drone? [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Their marketing team must not be very good, I can't find anything else online about it really
Quote Reply
Re: New Met Drone? [treyxt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s obviously not released yet but we are talking about it 🤔 Wait until Pog wins the Giro maybe Tour double and it gets released 😉
Quote Reply