Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know, I also did a few TT's as well where elites were competing and the guy that left 10s after me caught me after 2k already while I was doing 46-47km/h. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy the challenge, even more so to challenge myself. I know I'm going to get caught, doesn't mean I won't turn myself inside out to try and stay in front as long as possible.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^^^ THIS

we used to do the local TT and of course the FASTER guys leaving after always caught us with 1-2 miles to go - one time I tried WITH EVERYTHING I GOT to follow a nat TT champ (prob a mile or so left) and I pretty much passed out and had an asthma attack LOL fun times

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Last edited by: LuisDF: Mar 10, 20 7:57
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
something like that but I was able to hold the wheel and draft for a bit longer lol

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuisDF wrote:
something like that but I was able to hold the wheel and draft for a bit longer lol

aka, pulling a Roglic
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool watching Little Higgy bangin' with the big kids again today. Following Sep around like he's his big brother.
Sagan looked effortless marking DQS with about 5k to go.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peto looks like he's having fun out there. Not a lot of pressure on him as Bora is riding for the Germans, but he's right there in the mix and looking strong. Hopefully the Belgian races go through, he could rekindle some of that old Sagan magic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Cool watching Little Higgy bangin' with the big kids again today. Following Sep around like he's his big brother.

Good shot of Cees Bol's penis today. Need to fish for entertainment without the crosswinds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was thinking the same watching Sagan, like he seems to glide around the front.

He looked a little too far forward when sprint opened but other than that it was impressive as usual to always be in right position.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
*Zee Germans...

FIFY

:-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:

Ya one of the more entertaining parts of the stage was when you could see Higuita's image from time to time at the front. He is soooo much smaller than any of the other 30 guys around him. Quintana also made some appearances at the front. Two tiny guys that punch above their weight.

I don't know much about the TT profile, but I think Huguita will do better than expected. Pinot and Vinny Nibbles will be fun to watch. A good TT from either would say a lot about their early season form.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
Peto looks like he's having fun out there. Not a lot of pressure on him as Bora is riding for the Germans, but he's right there in the mix and looking strong. Hopefully the Belgian races go through, he could rekindle some of that old Sagan magic.

At first I thought he would be working for Ackermann for the sprint but when he, the 2 of DQS and a fourth rider (forgot who they were) split off of the peloton I thought he'd go for it. Still awesome to see him contest the sprint and he indeed looks to be in very good shape. I sure hope he can show some of his magic this year, still a massive fan of him.

Who do we have for the TT today? LFF to show some of his TdF TT magic near his home town, possibly yelled to victory by his stunner GF (Marion Rousse)? Campenaerts seems to be in really good shape doing work for NTT a few days in a row but will he still be able to go for the TT victory?
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Short and a bit hilly. Will give De Gendt a good shot at it.

Speaking of, obviously Caleb got crashed out yesterday. But with these early stages, was hoping to see a bit more from Lotto.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good call on Thomas the Train but Küng and Campanaerts are in there. Solid ride by Latour for a French GC guy.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very solid for Little Higgy, taking more time from Nibbles. Really set himself up for the final stage (if the race gets there!).
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so hoping it does gets to Sat. Thinking it may not with Nice being so close to N Italy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, solid. Though he has his work cut out to take it back from Schachmann.

Stage 6 has Nibali ambush written all over it. Stage 7 finale is certainly stout but the kind of profile that favors a motor like Schachmann's.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry to inform all of you that it has just been decided by the Belgian minister of sports that until 31/03 there will be no sporting events held in Belgium, meaning that Nokere Koerse, Bredene, 3-Daagse Brugge-De Panne, E3 Harelbeke and Gent-Wevelgem are all cancelled..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
I'm sorry to inform all of you that it has just been decided by the Belgian minister of sports that until 31/03 there will be no sporting events held in Belgium, meaning that Nokere Koerse, Bredene, 3-Daagse Brugge-De Panne, E3 Harelbeke and Gent-Wevelgem are all cancelled..

Le Tour de Bretagne was also cancelled. Hopefully the last 3 stages of Paris-Nice get "grandfathered" in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bummer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the Tour De Bretagne might be a bit different seems like they canceled it because they didn't want to run it without spectators. so there is a chance that P-N does go all the way

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Knokke-Heist on lockdown, perhaps Stad Geraardsbergen too

Hubby and I pulled the plug on our trip last night

Someone have all the matentaart for me?

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's all messed up here, every pro or amateur level race/match of any sport is cancelled up to the 31st of March, 4 out of 6 swimming pools that are at a reasonable driving distance are closed until then too and the others will likely follow suit, all gyms closed,..

There goes my prep for my first 70.3
Last edited by: Tri_Joeri: Mar 12, 20 10:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
part of me can't help but think the riders don't want others to be making UCI points if they can't race.....so no one races, the status quo is preserved, and the game can begin again on a regular playing field.

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Spring Classics Thread *Spoilers* [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope Michael Woods is OK. He clearly didn't want to move his lower body while still on the ground, and was pointing at his pelvis, which didn't look great live. I sure hope it's not a broken bone down there.
Quote Reply

Prev Next