Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

70.3 Mont Tremblant
Quote | Reply
Has anyone done this race travelling from the states? It ticks most of my boxes (cooler weather, nice scenery, good town, not in September, etc.) but logistically I would like to know if it’s a huge pain in the arse. I know tribiketransport isn’t doing this race so definitely flying with a bike can cause headache, but other than that is it relatively smooth sailing?

Also how difficult did the bike leg feel?
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Mont Tremblant [Steelers24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its an easy race to do. Fly into Montreal, rent a car, drive 90 min and you are there. Park your car, stay at the mountain and away you go.

This article I wrote is 10 years old, but its still relatively the same course and resort.

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...lant_guide_3818.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Super easy race to do, just need to pick an hotel that is walking distance from transition
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I echo most peoples' sentiments. It's an easy race to get to and logistics are great once you are there. I loved doing both the half and full in 2016.

One word of advice. When we did the half IM up there in late June (driving up from Vermont through Montreal) on a Friday, we hit a ton of traffic, and it took much longer. I think it was a Quebec holiday if I'm not mistaken. If possible, drive up on a Thursday. Maybe some Canadians can shed more light on this.

But overall, it's a spectacular race and race venue. Do it!

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bike leg has a good amount of climbing, especially at the tail end of the bike, but also some good descents. Check out the course map

*As for traffic as mentioned by Triingtotrain, traffic in and around Montreal is horrible even on a good day. Avoid driving through Montreal around rush hour times.
June 24th is a holiday in Quebec for St.Jean-Baptiste day, that will add to the traffic chaos.
Last edited by: TriguyRy: Nov 1, 23 6:33
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Mont Tremblant [Triingtotrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Planned to do this race last year and the logistics were pretty easy. We drove with the bikes up from Philly and it was manageable. Only time we hit some traffic was when we got into Canada. The atmosphere in the village was great but unfortunately the race got cancelled because of the wild fires so I cannot comment on the course. I have already registered to do it in 2024!
Quote Reply