Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
ACCOUNTABILITY THREAD - Weekly how’d you do / goals for coming week -Feb 26 edition
Quote | Reply
This is a thread we were doing on Women’s but due to the forum deletion, I am moving it here. Here’s how this works: you tell us how your past week went and set goals for the coming week. This is a SUPPORTIVE thread and negative, heckling comments will not be tolerated. The thread started as a training check-in but has evolved to also include mental and physical health goals.

I start a new thread every Monday. Checking in during the week for accountability, if you need it, is encouraged.

So, tell us if you met your goals for last week and what your goals are for this week.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Feb 27, 24 5:53
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how’d you do / goals for coming week -Feb 26 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week goals:
7/7 healthy coping skills- done! Yesterday night could have been a tiny bit better but overall I had 7 days w healthy coping skills and none of the unhealthy one I I am trying to eradicate.
Journal daily - done
Hip and shoulder strengthening daily - 5/7
Ease back into jog walk - check

Week was
M- 3500 yd swim
T- 1 mi jog
W- 3300 yd swim
T- 4000 yd swim, 1 mi jog
F- 3000 yd swim
S- 1.15 mi jog, 3200 yd swim
S - rest day

Totals 3.15 mi jog and 17,000 yd swim. Prior week was 1.5 mi jog and 16,150 yd swim (I skipped a planned Sunday swim yesterday because my sat swim felt awful. I made a good choice there - was back to fast this morning).

Goals for the coming week
7/7 healthy coping
Stick to easing back into running
Journal daily
Hip and shoulder strengthening daily
One set of 5 x 100 with some of them under the 1:12/100 I am trying not to plateau at

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how’d you do / goals for coming week -Feb 26 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good call on the unscheduled break from the pool. I am glad you felt some speed this morning

This week I want to

Run 4x no minimum duration
Swim 4x no minimum duration
Some maintenance strength
Ski as able

Dedicated carve-out time for each family member

Catch up on some reading

I appreciate your check ins; pls keep it up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m a semi-regular lurker on the fish thread and admire that community … but as not a fish never had the courage to post there (!) … so thanks for phoenix-ing this over here from the women’s forum … esp. as you all kinda got dunked there :-0

For the past 2-3 weeks I’ve been dealing with an inner ear problem, which affected my balance … which was a bummer as I was all motivated to hit a 3 week block of high intensity training … and instead I’ve been restricted to turbo only and just trying not to lose fitness … which has been compounded by losing a bit of mojo. Anyway, I did some indoor cycling last week … not as much as I might have done … but not nothing.

As of today things seem much better with the inner ear so this week will be a build-back week doing some version of a normal week of training (a little less here and there will be ok) with the aim of feeling like a functioning triathlete again by the end of the week.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how’d you do / goals for coming week -Feb 26 edition - NEW [ In reply to ] [ In reply to ] [ In reply to ] [ In reply to ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After wrapping the 100 days running challenge on the main page and coming up just a little short at 97, I probably will just keep with the daily runs this week. And the week is going to start off here with an unseasonably warm 72 °F afternoon high!
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how’d you do / goals for coming week -Feb 26 edition [toddstr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Swim 4x no minimum duration

sometimes my intended swim duration is "just make it longer than the post swim shower"

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how’d you do / goals for coming week -Feb 26 edition [Chowders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I’m a semi-regular lurker on the fish thread and admire that community … but as not a fish never had the courage to post there (!) …

Please feel free to post there. It does tend to be those of us who identify as Fish but we're not at all anti Improving Swimmers. You might see a couple comments to the effect of "I saw some triathletes, they were the people with all the toys"... though I try personally pretty hard to keep it a supportive thread. It is a very GEEKY thread!

We shall accept your admiration ;-)

Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Feb 26, 24 11:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week’s goal was to complete all run miles and not psych myself out about the speed work. Major fail (despite the encouragement of DrTigerchick, which I thought of as I was crapping out and at least got me to start)

This week:
- All workouts as planned
- Journal x 7
- cancel gym membership at gym we never go to

Move on. Keep training. Be an adult.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how’d you do / goals for coming week -Feb 26 edition [Omelette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PS I am a big fan of sharing goals so thank you to Dr. Tigerchick for keeping this going and to everyone else for participating.

Last edited by: Omelette: Feb 26, 24 15:26
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how’d you do / goals for coming week -Feb 26 edition [Omelette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
PS I am a big fan of sharing goals so thank you to Dr. Tigerchick for keeping this going and to everyone else for participating.

sharing my goals helps me stay accountable! A dittoed thanks to others for participating.

Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Feb 26, 24 15:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finished the 11th straight week of 20,000 yards in the pool and 2nd AG in a 5k yesterday. One more week of the 20,000 and then that 3 month swim goal will be finished!
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how’d you do / goals for coming week -Feb 26 edition [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice job on the swim yards and the AG place!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I managed a 1:11 this morning :)

Also still on a 2+ week streak of “days in a row w healthy coping skills”!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

sharing my goals helps me stay accountable! A dittoed thanks to others for participating.

Hey, one thought is to rename this thread the weekly accountability thread. It's what your current title means, but I don't know if being specific like that could increase interest. The 100/100 run thread served that purpose for that focus. The Dry January thread I was impressed with the supportive community that grew around that, and some added in other things they wanted to be more healthy with in that thread. Just an idea.

How ST handled the Women's Forum was terrible and appreciate your steadfastness in it all.
Last edited by: Upstaterun: Feb 27, 24 5:22
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how’d you do / goals for coming week -Feb 26 edition [Upstaterun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hey, one thought is to rename this thread the weekly accountability thread. It's what your current title means, but I don't know if being specific like that could increase interest.

That's a good idea! Thank you.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
age 53 male; my winter routine usually is (14-15 hours / week):

mon & thur: AM = swim 45' (2700-2800mt); PM = bike indoor 60'
tue & fri: AM = swim 45' (2700-2800mt); PM = run 60'
wed: AM = strength 60' ; PM = bike indoor 60'
sat: AM = long ride 2h30' ; PM = strength 60'
sun: AM = long run 1h30' ; PM = swim 40' (2500mt)

once a month, on sundays I do a sprint duathlon simulation (5k-20k-2.5k), instead of the long run
Last edited by: jollyroger88: Feb 28, 24 6:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not having an awesome day, so this is one of the days I am going to use the thread for some daily accountability.

- I stuck to my workout plan this AM instead of doing more to try to lower anxiety (bc the likely effects were things would have hurt, and that would have only served to up my anxiety)
- I reached out for help in real life (you internet people are fake life ;-)

I'm going to go write in my journal. Then I will prioritize self-care today. The goal is healthy coping skills. Anything else that counts as actual productivity is bonus.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like good choices

It is 0F here with poor snow this morning

So that means cycling indoors with my friend; we will have a great time

The rest of my day is “family citizenship”

Be nice to yourself
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how’d you do / goals for coming week -Feb 26 edition [toddstr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
journaling done
got some work done
still in a shitty mood (anxious, frustrated, feeling hopeless)

have a meeting that will go 4;30-5;30 that is my least favorite meeting of the week

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got through my hard day yesterday w healthy skills. V proud of self.

Quote Reply
Re: ACCOUNTABILITY THREAD - Weekly how’d you do / goals for coming week -Feb 26 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keeping my low key base training consistent as I await a pacemaker implant beginning of April. My weekly routine includes swimming (8 to 9 k per week) Monday Wednesday Friday, indoor TrainerRoad Monday Friday Sunday ( 60 to 90 minutes), running Tuesday Thursday Saturday ( 8 miles per run).

Keeping all workouts from getting higher than zone 2 so I don’t go into AFIb ( I have an electrical problem between the upper and lower chambers). Last week I overdid it and went into AFIb with a heart rate of 30 beats per minute….don’t want to experience that episode again…can’t get enough oxygen and thought I was not going to make it to the implant date:-)

I do however joke that when my fireman buddy is swimming in the lane next to me at the pool that I can go a little harder!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today isn’t going to be easy either. Feel like am hanging on by a thin thread. I can do it. This difficult phase will pass.

Repeat to self
I am capable
I have gotten through a lot of hard days before
I have all kinds of healthy skills
I can take this hour by hour (or smaller time increments if needed)

My brain is wonderful and brilliant and unusual but all of its perks come w downsides.

Quote Reply
Re: ACCOUNTABILITY THREAD - Weekly how’d you do / goals for coming week -Feb 26 edition [Tobrien55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What will recovery look like from the pacemaker surgery? How many days of no sport, what does easing back in look like?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can do it! You did it yesterday and can do it again:)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sending good vibes, Tigerchik!

I plan on being slightly more productive than yesterday around the house. And short bit of time on the trainer. And work.
Quote Reply

Prev Next