Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Accelerade
Quote | Reply
I tried some of the new Accelerade this weekend and it's pretty good. They now sell it at 7-11 in bottles right next to Gatorade. It's better than the powdered form mixed at home. I think it is only being test marketed here in Colorado Springs and in San Diego but you will probably see it soon in your area. As part of the promotion locally some guy is going to run a marathon every day for the next 26 days.
Quote Reply
Re: Accelerade [Tri2HaveFun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a big fan of Accelerade, but a marathon a day for 26 days. Who in the world is capable of doing that?? Is there going to be some media coverage or will they make claims in some advertising supplement in a tri magazine?
Quote Reply
Re: Accelerade [TriDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a marathon a day isn't ALL that unreasonalbe, what about those two kids runnin' cross country? (runtheusa.com)
Quote Reply
Re: Accelerade [AHub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't heard about that. That sounds amazing, but are they running a marathon a day for 26 days straight? I think that Accelerade is pretty great, but not that great :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To summarise the website, (unrelated to accelerade) they are running from ocean to ocean, from New Jersey to Oregon, on about 20 miles a day, with no support vehicle (except maybe a baby-jogger to haul backpacks)

Check the whole thing out at http://runtheusa.com/

interesting, really.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK. This guy's name is Jerry Dunn. It says in 2000 he ran more than 200 marathons, in 1996 he ran marathons for 25 straight days leading up to the 100th Boston, and in 1991 he ran the length of the U.S. We'll see how he does in his quest here in Colorado Springs as we're expecting a blizzard tonight and tomorrow. He says he loves to run but he won't risk his life to do it.

The new bottled Accelerade is good. Not at all chalky like the stuff from the powder. Now if they could just do something about Endurox R4.
Quote Reply
Re: Accelerade [AHub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks AHub. I just checked out the website and all I can say is incredible. Makes me wish I lived in one of the towns on their route. I would certainly offer them a place to stay. And I guess you're right about running a marathon a day for 26 days not being all that amazing. I ran the LA marathon a few years ago and just can't imagine doing another the next day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't run a marathon, and wouldn't imagine doing it back to back, but that doesn't mean it can't be done... ;)
Quote Reply