Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
April fish: we have a lot of Free time
Quote | Reply
and back time. And breast and fly time. But mostly free timeā€¦

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: April fish: we have a lot of Free time [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M Apr 1- 2000 free, 3300 yd kick

40 x 50 on 1 swim
100 breast kick
6 x 100 IM kick
100 sidestroke kick
5 x 100 IM kick
100 sidestroke kick
4 x 100 IM kick
100 sidestroke kick
3 x 100 IM kick
100 sidestroke kick
2 x 100 IM kick
100 sidestroke kick
1 x 100 IM kick
600 sidestroke kick

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
and back time. And breast and fly time. But mostly free timeā€¦

That's good! I like it!

I somehow managed 18 sessions in March, despite 2+ weeks with a hip flexor thing that caused my nights to be hell. I seem to be gradually emerging from this.

Our pools are closed on this Zombie Jesus Monday.

I only swim.
I used to run. (31:09 10k)
I never did Triathlon.
Sue me.
Quote Reply
Re: April fish: we have a lot of Free time [Skuj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Re: Easter monday closure - might as well celebrate; you only live once - except if you are Jesus

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T Apr 2- 3250 free, 150 kick; 1 mi jog; 2.17 mi walk
5 x 50 on 1
4 x 75 on 130
3 x 100 on 150
2 x 125 on 220
1 x 150 on ?
50 kick
6 x 50 on 1
5 x 75 on 125
4 x 100 on 150
3 x 125 on 220
2 x 150 on ?
1 x 175
75 kick
75 swim
25 kick

month for my purposes
T Apr 2 - 3250 free, 150 kick

Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Apr 2, 24 12:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never chime in on this thread (and am not even swimming right now due to recent shoulder replacement) but I just had to say those are two of the best Easter/Jesus jokes I have ever heard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed.. great jokes

I swam today. My partner in speed opted for 10 days in mallorca so im solo... i dont know why she would want to leave new england but whatever....

So today was less inspired for speed but have to comment that some days, the water just works w me. Today was one of them. Started to work on my "undies" as they call them, the underwater dolphin kicks off the wall for fun. Started slow and easy and built up intensity but man i was flying in there. And I am NOT A KICKER, like, at all. But it was workin. Other fishies here can testify that some days its magic. Today was that.

I dont really have stats to back anything up, like this is some new secret or something everyone should do, hell, I prob wont do it the next time I am really trying to go fast but today was just a super special feeling in the water. I was playing and going fast and having fun in there.

Thats all. Thanks for reading. Keep swimming!!

daved

Ps oh 4k total scy

http://www.theundergroundcoach.com
Quote Reply
Re: April fish: we have a lot of Free time [mcclelland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
re: jokes - thanks!
keep us updated as to how the shoulder surgery recovery goes!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After a week with LOTS of swimming and riding, I got to the pool on April 1st for an easy 2500 (all free):
500 w/u
8x50 drill/swim
3x500 pull descending, negative split
100 c/d

took until the second 500 before I felt "normal"
Quote Reply
Re: April fish: we have a lot of Free time [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apr 3- birthday swim, the 50s are the bday set. That is what my body can do right now and I am trying to be grateful for it. 2900 free, 400 kick; 3.7 mi walk

3 x (6 x 50 on 1, 6 x 50 on 55)
Right into one more 50 to make 37 of them for 37th bday
50 kick
10 x (100 swim, 25 kick)
50 swim
100 kick

month for my purposes
T Apr 2 - 3250 free, 150 kick
W Apr 3 - 2900 free, 400 kick

Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Apr 3, 24 7:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Hope you have a great day.

daved

http://www.theundergroundcoach.com
Quote Reply
Re: April fish: we have a lot of Free time [daved] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you! So far so good!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Took a 25 minute diagonal swim in a Holiday Inn Express pool before an opening season duathlon on Saturday morning to do it, but I hit 100 straight days of swimming today. Going to see how long we can keep it going!
Quote Reply
Re: April fish: we have a lot of Free time [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats on 100 days! That's awesome!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanksā€¦and I hope itā€™s not too late in the day to wish you a Happy Birthday Alyie!šŸŠšŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸŽ‚
Iā€™d send off a Panera Cinnamon Crunch bagel, but thatā€™s like 15 years ago now!šŸ˜Š
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been largely out of the pool for three weeks, but looking forward to more this month
Quote Reply
Re: April fish: we have a lot of Free time [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why? You been sitting in the same chair Skuj has?
Quote Reply
Re: April fish: we have a lot of Free time [waverider101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
waverider101 wrote:

Haha, not by design....a cracked crown lead to a tooth infection at the exact same time as everyone at my office was dropping like flies from Covid and seasonal flu, so I was fighting it all at the same time, during a big deal closing stretch at work and my immune system went on strike. I actually think the crown cracked on a hard butterfly interval when I slammed my jaw shut after breathing before "head in" close to the wall (trying to practice a Phelps vs Cavic finish) haha. It was 11 days before swim provincials and I had to scratch that meet, because the fevers started around 5 days before the meet when the tooth infection blew up.

In any case, things are dealt with and hope to get back to pool tomorrow, Likely no swim meets because the last swim meet I can go to in 2 weeks is same weekend as funeral of one of the guys in my wedding party who I went to college with (died from massive heart attack a few days ago....which added to me funk as you can imagine....we both used to race triathlons together in the 80's). So need to go minimally for a virtual swim with him since he used to always beat me to T1. Now I have to swim for both of us....at my college 35 year reunion last fall I tried to get him to go for a run and swim and he said he actually got inspired by me to get into shape because his son who is a senior in college is racing tris now. So between the two of us, we were going to kick his ass back into shape, but that's not gonna happen now.

So one of us better get in the pool! That's my sorry set of excuses. Enough excuses !!!

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thatā€™s rough going mate. Hope you get to have some time in a few weekends with old friends and remember the nice times. I can remember sets I used to do with great friends and I swim a lot by myself now but I feel like I am swimming right there with them when I do them
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
waverider101 wrote:
Thatā€™s rough going mate. Hope you get to have some time in a few weekends with old friends and remember the nice times. I can remember sets I used to do with great friends and I swim a lot by myself now but I feel like I am swimming right there with them when I do them

I think the other guys are going to be drinking like fish like it is 1988 and I'll be the designated driver who will be the only one getting up for a run and swim the next morning !!! If it was 1988 I would be drinking with them, but I would be the one kicking their asses out of the bed for workouts the next morning LOL. I think it will be a fun road trip. We all gotta go. I told the guys when I go, my wife is going to make them run laps around the track until the moral improves and they stop complaining about training!!! In the mean time, I can run and swim laps for those jokers but when I die, they better pick it up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
waverider101 wrote:

šŸ˜‚

Recently I've managed a 19sec 25m and a 39sec 50m, without hurting myself. I'm contemplating a sub 14min 800m later today.

I finally have some good drugs! (Naproxen, Cyclobenzaprine).

Xrays tomorrow.

I only swim.
I never did Triathlon.
Sue me.
Quote Reply
Re: April fish: we have a lot of Free time [Skuj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK good luck in the 800m !!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
OK good luck in the 800m !!!

Thanks Dude. šŸ˜‚

Not gonna lie: 13:58.5 was a slog! šŸ˜³ Not agonizing, but certainly huffin' after 200m.

I am many sessions away from "feeling it".
I always theorize that whatever off-time you had, about twice that time back-on gets you to where you were at.

I only swim.
I never did Triathlon.
Sue me.
Quote Reply
Re: April fish: we have a lot of Free time [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well one thing for sure Mark M, you are one consistent dude. How has all this daily consistency translated to your overall speed? Have you done any serious time trials in the pool or even swim meets? Or is it all just for your OW segments of all the triathlons you are doing?

I missed a bunch of days here, went on a mini vacation with the family and Knotts Berry Farm,. Did do one beach day, but the water was 59 and I spent 15 minutes trying to get rid of head and face freeze, but no luck. So took about 50 strokes and headed back in, but did get a cold plunge!!!

Got in on the way home today and just had 53 minutes, so crashed some yardages to get the feel back:

5x100 buoy@1;40(1;25 to 1;23)
1500p@21;30(19;43--6;36/6;33/6;34)
3x(200p@3;00/50back@1;00) pulls(2;40/41/41)back(44/43/43)250frog@5;00(4;49)
6x50@1;00-3buoy(41/40/39)3frog(54/55/54)
3300SCY in 53 minutes
Quote Reply
Re: April fish: we have a lot of Free time [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok Dr. Tigerchick. Your joke was excellent and motivated me to engage. I've been long absent from ST chatter, but I'm always reading. But for good reason! I've been swimming all around the world!

I just got back from a swim holiday in Galapagos and I am forever ruined by this. No pool, no ocean, no lake, no body of water will ever measure up. If you have not swim in Galapagos, you must go. It is worth every red cent.

While in that region, I went on adventures in Ecuador. I crashed while biking in Ecuador and had many typical bike crash injuries, but the broken rib was the killer for swimming. Fortunately, I was having the time of my life when I crashed. Unfortunately, the "how I crashed" story is just stupid and I'm sticking with the "a shark bit me" version of the story. Also fortunately, free healthcare in Ecuador! I paid $3.50 for the many stitches it took to reattach my right ear and patch me up, the rest was free including the very long ambulance ride and all the antibiotics ever invented.

Well over a month now since all of that and I jumped back in the pool. It turns out you lose all fitness in a month+ of no swimming. UGH. Regardless, I was able to log 3300SCY. My pace is something I'll keep to myself. Extra Free time, I suppose.

2x50 on 1:10 drill
3x100 on 1:45
2x25 on :30 Fast
Repeat 3 times
Main set:(20x100)
4x100 on 1:50 tempo pace
30 sec rest
4x100 on 2:10 hold best average from above
30 sec rest
4x100 on 1:50 pull
30 sec rest
4x100 on 2:30 FAST
30 sec rest
4x100 on 1:40 just make interval

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply

Prev Next