Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P3 Stolen - Langley, - updated with serial number
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately yesterday (no this isn't an april fools prank) at work my van was broken into and my aluminum P3 (serial number 01DN00084) and all my training gear was "liberated"!!! I am in the process of visiting all the local bike stores, pawn shops etc however thought i'd post here "just in case" - Khai, AndyPants, SimonS and the crew in your meanderings please keep an eye out......the bike was pretty unique in that i'd had a custom paint job done - though simple it is very distinctive. The frame is black and the cervelo decals are in red - just below the seat post collar on one side the outline of an african shield while on the other a maple leaf. In addition Shaun is sprayed on the top tube. A couple of noticeaible upgrades - red easton EC90 aero fork, Fizik saddle, saddlewing drink mount, speedplay peddles - oh yeah my brand new (used 3 times) polar was on it as well...*&^%..
Equipment included a limar helmet, my ipod, sidi winter shoes (yup the real nice winter gortex ones), giordana jacket (yellow and black) , biemme winter bibs, rain jacket, running shoes (asics nimbis), LG running jacket (black and red) - the bastards even stole my wet bathing suite and goggles from my morning swim!!

I know this is a loooooonnngggg stretch but any Vancouver peeps that should see the bike ...please pm me!!
Last edited by: Zulu: Apr 2, 08 13:40
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3 Stolen - Langley, BC [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. This is my worst nightmare come true. I bring my bike wherever I go; school, work, etc. Fortunately I am able to keep my bike indoors for the work and obviously home but all other else it's in the car. There's usually close to 6k in gear with me(bike, powermeter, gps, etc.) and I would CRY if it gets stolen. Does your insurance cover it?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3 Stolen - Langley, BC [IzzyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup i estimate it close to 6k of gear - not sure how much insurance will cover..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It should cover all if you have full coverage-minus the deductible but I'm sure the deductible will barely cover the cost of damage done to your car(unless they just smashed the window or something). This makes me wonder how people with bike racks can stand leaving their bikes. I believe they have locks but is it safer than keeping it in the car?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good luck getting your stuff back. That is wrong man.

Dan
http://www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3 Stolen - Langley, BC [dtreeps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shaun,

Sorry to hear about this. I know how it feels as I've had more car/house/shop break-ins than I care to remember. It was probably some not-too-bright kid that did it, but I wonder what he thinks he's going to do with it. That bike is going to be a little hard to sell to some kid in the alley behind the 7-11. It'll probably just get dumped somewhere when he realizes he can't make a buck off it. Hopefully you'll get it back with nothing more than a few scratches on it.

Greg.
Quote Reply