Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just thinking the same Eric, won't look great for them if they don't bust him after the commentators were talking about it for 5 minutes..
Last edited by: knighty76: Dec 6, 20 11:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JB's position leaves something to be desired.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [Cup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cup wrote:
Adman wrote:
Luis needs to be very careful here

Agree. I’m not sure on the way they just explained the rules though. They just said there is 45 seconds to pass or get back out of the 20 meter zone. So does that mean he’s on to ride close for 35 seconds then back off, then repeat? Thought the rule for normal non-draft legal was you had to pass within the time or you’re penalized.

I thought pro's had a different rule and they need to pull put wide before the 20m then overtake, so you can't just draft for 45 seconds and then pass
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Michi Weiss blows through the bunch a lap down...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you get more than one 2 minute penalty?

If not maybe he figures he’ll draft the entire race overcook himself and get a 2 min rest in T2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jeez, yeah - even the commentators are mentioning it now.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Quinny98 wrote:
Hes gotta be getting a penalty

Such a drastic difference between Lisa Norden and Paula Findlay. It strains the credibility of this race if he doesn't get a penalty.

Told you this would happen. Half the front of the field are drafting so either there will be dozens of penalties which will ruin the race or a lot of people will get off scot free.

This is why swimming front pack is important.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [42point2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
42point2 wrote:
Cup wrote:
Adman wrote:

Agree. I’m not sure on the way they just explained the rules though. They just said there is 45 seconds to pass or get back out of the 20 meter zone. So does that mean he’s on to ride close for 35 seconds then back off, then repeat? Thought the rule for normal non-draft legal was you had to pass within the time or you’re penalized.

I thought pro's had a different rule and they need to pull put wide before the 20m then overtake, so you can't just draft for 45 seconds and then pass

Absolutely. Luis looked like an amateur there for awhile. Now Michi Weiss is blowing through, so it's even more of a clown show.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
42point2 wrote:
Cup wrote:
Adman wrote:

Absolutely. Luis looked like an amateur there for awhile. Now Michi Weiss is blowing through, so it's even more of a clown show.

Alistar gets the unbelievable card draw with Weiss. What a hand.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
Quinny98 wrote:

Such a drastic difference between Lisa Norden and Paula Findlay. It strains the credibility of this race if he doesn't get a penalty.

Told you this would happen. Half the front of the field are drafting so either there will be dozens of penalties which will ruin the race or a lot of people will get off scot free.

Yep, gotta swim.

Some cool bike tech on display. I like the look of the new Scott TT bike under Brownlie and lots of 3D printed mono-pad/extension combos.

Announcers say there are NO officials on the lead bunch. The athletes will know this of course.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Appleton appears to have made up a ton of time already.

Interesting to see what happens here with Weiss F'ing with the front of the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
42point2 wrote:
Cup wrote:
Adman wrote:

Weiss is gonna pacemake this front pack through. Probably should have a lapped rule.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
42point2 wrote:
Cup wrote:
Adman wrote:

Alistar gets the unbelievable card draw with Weiss. What a hand.

I'm totally having flashbacks to low quality amateur racing. Who hasn't wished for what Alistair has right now, and who hasn't had a Vincent Luis on your wheel at Kona sucking for 50km on the Queek K. Funny.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, this adds all sorts of shitty dynamics that the race doesn't need..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
Quinny98 wrote:

Negative, the angle on TV does not show the spacing, wait till you get a side angle and they are between 20-30m in each.. Very deceiving from a front angle...
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [Quinny98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, they are riding 46kmph.... How fast did Lionel go at his hour again? Insane pace
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:

and it's muscle memory too... it's like a family reunion on the Queen K out past the airport. They all do this every race where they're all together, 2x/year at 70.3 worlds and Kona.

Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [IanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TO up as well. Long course guys out up a much faster pace than the front pack. They're not out of it.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanders and Long have brought back 40 seconds and have caught Kiehnle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:

Honestly this is hilarious. I totally knew when I saw the field this would happen. There's a reason ITU went draft legal in 1997.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's Ben saying to AB as he makes the move? I'm sure Ben wants to split off the front with some help.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sportstats wrote:
Adman wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
Quinny98 wrote:

Negative, the angle on TV does not show the spacing, wait till you get a side angle and they are between 20-30m in each.. Very deceiving from a front angle...

hahahahahaha.

Normally I'd agree but not in Vincent Luis's case. One time he attempted a pass, couldn't make it stick, and slid back.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Luis is practising drafting Ali for next year's Olympics. He's right up his chuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
sportstats wrote:
Adman wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
Quinny98 wrote:

hahahahahaha.

Normally I'd agree but not in Vincent Luis's case. One time he attempted a pass, couldn't make it stick, and slid back.

Well big difference between half the field and one french dude :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
knighty76 wrote:

Honestly this is hilarious. I totally knew when I saw the field this would happen. There's a reason ITU went draft legal in 1997.

Just wait until it's Sanders and Sebbie two laps down pulling Weiss one lap down pulling the Brownlie brothers on the lead lap.

Quote Reply

Prev Next