Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [piratetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
piratetri wrote:
What's Ben saying to AB as he makes the move? I'm sure Ben wants to split off the front with some help.

“Come with me, we’ll burn Luis/Schoeman and I’ll bury myself to get you a 3 minute lead off the bike. Then I want $20,000 from your $100k winnings.”
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Luis also seems to ride a bit knees out. What do you think, can he keep his position for the duration of the whole race?

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ben Kanute getting some TV time... he'd look so much sexier if his shorts and sleeves were cropped short

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Cup wrote:
Adman wrote:
Luis needs to be very careful here

Agree. I’m not sure on the way they just explained the rules though. They just said there is 45 seconds to pass or get back out of the 20 meter zone. So does that mean he’s on to ride close for 35 seconds then back off, then repeat? Thought the rule for normal non-draft legal was you had to pass within the time or you’re penalized.

He's drafting.

Can you get more than one 2 minute penalty?

If not maybe he figures he’ll draft the entire race overcook himself and get a 2 min rest in T2
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [CVH1296] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CVH1296 wrote:
piratetri wrote:
What's Ben saying to AB as he makes the move? I'm sure Ben wants to split off the front with some help.

“Come with me, we’ll burn Luis/Schoeman and I’ll bury myself to get you a 3 minute lead off the bike. Then I want $20,000 from your $100k winnings.”

#pink or however you guys do it here. //pink
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If Luis doesn't get a drafting penalty, there is no hope for fair racing. He has been 16-18m or so forever
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
TO up as well. Long course guys out up a much faster pace than the front pack. They're not out of it.

Can see the guys making it up to the back of the lead group. But then the problem will be the huge surge required to not get a draft penalty. The front group is huge.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Officials should tell Weiss to get the F out of the way
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love the Kanute pass!

Need the sanders, long and kienle train to come rough up some run legs!
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
really this whole front group is very drafty
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [Strobes27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strobes27 wrote:
Luis also seems to ride a bit knees out. What do you think, can he keep his position for the duration of the whole race?

Of course he can... he's an elite of the elite athlete. Not going to set the French hour record any time soon though LOL.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 20m rule might be similar to local traffic speed zones. You can drive 60 in a 55 zone and the cops let you go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know WHAT the mechanical issue was for Jesper Svensson?
Last edited by: superx421: Dec 6, 20 11:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Adman wrote:
knighty76 wrote:
Yup, this adds all sorts of shitty dynamics that the race doesn't need..

Honestly this is hilarious. I totally knew when I saw the field this would happen. There's a reason ITU went draft legal in 1997.

Just wait until it's Sanders and Sebbie two laps down pulling Weiss one lap down pulling the Brownlie brothers on the lead lap.

Sanders just ahead of Sebi right now...actually only 1/2 lap down or less...moved from 3:30 down to 2:34 now...will take a while to get to the front. When you see helicopter shot you get a better idea of the 20m draft zone...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who the hell is Angert??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
piratetri wrote:
The 20m rule might be similar to local traffic speed zones. You can drive 60 in a 55 zone and the cops let you go.

Last one and then I'll let this go, but there's the clocking into work style occupational paceline/train drafting where everyone's 20ish meters apart and everyone knows the words and the dance steps, same as every other world championship race, and then there's what Vincent Luis was doing.

Michi Weiss needs to pull out and ride on the banking and get out of everyone's way.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i mean, it's tough. you're on a pancake-flat course, the field is pretty homogenous in terms of swim and bike ability, and there's only so many ways you can fit that many athletes on a course spaced 20m apart.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A German who is strong on the bike. Nice to see that bike up front, as I have the same one (although mine somehow is slower).
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sportstats wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
Adman wrote:
knighty76 wrote:

Honestly this is hilarious. I totally knew when I saw the field this would happen. There's a reason ITU went draft legal in 1997.

Just wait until it's Sanders and Sebbie two laps down pulling Weiss one lap down pulling the Brownlie brothers on the lead lap.

Sanders just ahead of Sebi right now...actually only 1/2 lap down or less...moved from 3:30 down to 2:34 now...will take a while to get to the front. When you see helicopter shot you get a better idea of the 20m draft zone...

is anyone's heart palpitating over there in management about the 2 lap down / one lap down / current lap drafting scenario???

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know what the watt savings you get at 20m at 50k/hr?

Matt Guenter
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sportstats wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
Adman wrote:
knighty76 wrote:

That's moving. I wonder how long that will be sustainable.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:

Agree. There's two options. Draft legal. Or time trial like in bike racing. You can't have no-drafting in a race where first to the finish line wins. Do like bike time trials with 60 second staggered starts and fastest wins, not first to the finish line.

Take your pick. Draft legal or time trial. Because the middle ground don't work when everyone is the same ability.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Adman wrote:
knighty76 wrote:

What do you mean pulling? I thought the 20m gap negated any draft (if they stick to it unlike luis), but does make it super hard to overtake

@the.lazy.triathlete

https://www.strava.com/athletes/18691068
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:
really this whole front group is very drafty

Agree - really disappointing that officials aren't doing more to break these guys up.

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona Race Day Banter [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
i mean, it's tough. you're on a pancake-flat course, the field is pretty homogenous in terms of swim and bike ability, and there's only so many ways you can fit that many athletes on a course spaced 20m apart.

I'm absolutely coming around to Super League style of racing. If you get lapped you're OUT. Will put a huge premium on the swim and the swim start.

Quote Reply

Prev Next