Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cleats question
Quote | Reply
This might be a bit of an odd question but I am trying to build something and trying to get as an exact answer as I can.

I am trying to build something for the bottom of custom carbon cycling shoes, a track per say for the bolts for cleats to bolt into, that way you could position the cleat anywhere on the bottom of your foot you preferred.

So the question I have is does anyone happen to know off hand how far the bolts holes are spaced apart from one another in a line that runs the direction of the foot and not a point a to point b line.

To further explain, if you were to bring the top bolt down and put it in a straight line with the two bottom bolts, what would that distance be between each bolt?
Quote Reply
Re: Cleats question [140.6sj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't help you with the spacing, but my now retired Podio cleats allowed you to position them pretty much anywhere.

The bolt holes on the sole were on a T shaped frame under the sole that moved back/forth in slots in the sole of the shoe. The cleats, OTOH, had left/right running slots for the bolts. Between the two systems the cleat could be moved around forward/aft/left/right on the sole.
Quote Reply
Re: Cleats question [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greg66 wrote:
Can't help you with the spacing, but my now retired Podio cleats allowed you to position them pretty much anywhere.

The bolt holes on the sole were on a T shaped frame under the sole that moved back/forth in slots in the sole of the shoe. The cleats, OTOH, had left/right running slots for the bolts. Between the two systems the cleat could be moved around forward/aft/left/right on the sole.

I am going to basically be making a T-frame out of Carbon so you can slide them forward or rearward....

I think the harder part will be making sure that no matter the position the foot will be flat and not canted one way or the other
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a very bad shot of the cleat I was referring to (not my picture).

From memory the contact side of the cleat was curved to match the curve of the sole of the shoe so that when placed together the base of the cleat was more or less flat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The grid is in mm.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Cleats question [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
The grid is in mm.
TY, so it looks like just under 20 mm centerline to centerline
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking closer at the specs I will be roughly 5 mm between the sides of the bolts between each row, wondering if that is enough room for the carbon fiber or if I need to devise another plan. Time for experimentation
Quote Reply