Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Comparative front wheel
Quote | Reply
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the site. Since buying my new triathlon bike (rim brake), I'm looking for a quality (and preferably not too expensive) 80mm front wheel.

What do you recommend between the HADRON² Classic 800 and the DT Swiss ARC 1400 DICUT 80? Which would perform better?

Thank you all for your answers.
Quote Reply
Re: Comparative front wheel [damdam83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to mention Premier Tactical: https://www.premierbike.com/...front-wheel-clincher

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
here is one of many data points

https://www.cyclingnews.com/...els-are-the-fastest/

You asked about the 1400, they tested the 1100. The rims are the same, it's mostly the hub the difference
Quote Reply
Re: Comparative front wheel [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you so much for sharing.

Too bad there's no SwissSide, but I guess you're suggesting I go on the DT Swiss?
Quote Reply
Re: Comparative front wheel [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you so much for sharing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damdam83 wrote:

Too bad there's no SwissSide, but I guess you're suggesting I go on the DT Swiss?

Just FYI, the ARC Dicut wheel series is a collaboration with SwissSide.
Last edited by: trail: Jan 23, 24 12:57
Quote Reply
Re: Comparative front wheel [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
damdam83 wrote:

Just FYI, the ARC Dicut wheel series is a collaboration with SwissSide.

the link does not work for me, maybe it's just me, but yes, they do collaborate and are both great wheels from what I have seen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are both made in collaboration - dt make the hubs for Swissside now & Swissside design the rims for DT. I haven't seen them side by side yo what if and difference there is but I expect very little.

Aerocoach Titan (bit deeper) is another option - if its good enough for Remco 😉
Quote Reply
Re: Comparative front wheel [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
here is one of many data points

https://www.cyclingnews.com/...els-are-the-fastest/

You asked about the 1400, they tested the 1100. The rims are the same, it's mostly the hub the difference

The DT Swiss and SwissSide Rim Brake models use a significantly different rim to the disk brake models although I believe the rim brake DT Swiss and SwissSide rims are still essentially identical.

To the OP you would be loosing very little by going with the 62mm Option and have a much more versatile wheel but bare in mind that both the 80 and 62 rim brake rims work best with a 23mm tyre.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Between the two you posted it’s hands down the Swiss Side because you get the better DT Swiss hub 😀. I dare you to compare the 1100 and you’ll notice things get really similar. I bought their disc and it even showed up in a DT Swiss box. All that said you can’t go wrong with either but you also got another good value recommendation from GMAN.
Last edited by: Lehrn2Lose: Jan 26, 24 4:47
Quote Reply