Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Custom Tri Apparel
Quote | Reply
Our local Tri-Group is looking to design and order custom tri suits. Can someone tell me who the "best" manufacturers are. We are primarily concerned with a comfortable fit and durability. We want the gear to last, wash well, and fit well.

Thanks all.
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Tri Apparel [Zucharelli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Desoto is awesome and he will custom uniforms for your group.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you looking to go full custom? Or something like ITU?

Fit well for the whole team is a democracy.

If youre doing one piece suits, there are plenty of options. Please share your specifics.

Keau
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are looking for custom, something unique and colorful, not an ITU style.

Not sure about the democracy, perhaps a benevolent dictatorship. ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LG does a nice job at this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chironsports

Great stuff and great service. They do jerseys for a number of big events and smaller orders for a wide range of events and companies.

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Tri Apparel [OJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Desoto is awesome and he will custom uniforms for your group.

Is Emilio doing dye sub now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A second vote for DeSoto.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had many an athlete in Squadra clothing. The most popular being the onepiece skin suit for sprints to halfs. Plus they are great to work with.

Every day is Race day
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kiwami (my sponsor) can do custom colors and patterns on any of their suits. The did a wicked red stars pattern for the US team for the Olympics.

DeSoto does it as well. I need to get my hands on one of the new ITU suits from Emilio. I think he took a lot of the best of his other suits and put them into that one. It looks like a great suit.

2XU does it. Chris from SportsMultiplied specifically is the guy to contact if you are in the US. He posts here. Michellie, obviously, races in custom 2XU stuff. But that should give you an idea of the look.

I've also heard positives about Squadra as well.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have women on the team? If so, may want to look at manufacturer's that offer women sizes and fit. If doing tri suits, may not be as big of a deal, but with tops it is.

I miss you "Sports Night"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd avoid Sugoi. Their quality has dropped significantly in the past five years. I no longer buy their stuff because I know that either the zipper will break or a seam will come apart within six months, guaranteed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our team just got our uni's in from DeSoto. Have a look at the pics:

Quote | Reply
We used Louis Garneau after much shopping around. Not the cheapest, but great quality and even better customer service. Check it out on my site below if interested.

Brian Grasky
Grasky Endurance: World Championship Triathlon Coaching; Professional Training Camps
RETUL fitter, Biomechanist, USAT Level 3 Coach, USAC Level 2 Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Tri Apparel [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like how you posted someone else's pics...hehhh....

Along the same lines, I'm looking for long sleeve running tops that can be customized. So far now luck. Ideas?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Tri Apparel [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have my own to post... and they look great and EVERYONE should know it. At least I kept the wearer anonymous :P

Quote | Reply
We used these guys last year:

http://www.craftcustom.com/store.php?cat=tri

They also do custom run apparel and have low minimums.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I contacted many vendors on behalf of my local tri club last year -- LG, Sugoi, Craft, Descente, etc. The one company that returned my calls and actually expressed in interest in our business was DeSoto.

I'm with a relatively small club -- we only ordered 100 garments -- so maybe that has something to do with it, but it doesn't matter. We got a very high quality sublimated garment at a good price with excellent service along the way. I wouldn't change a thing and look forward to placing another order soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Tri Apparel [driver8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i've also contacted several vendors in the last 2 years for my club. we went with desoto because they had the best service- sooooo easy to deal with. plus, they have low minimums, which is nice if your team is small.

the jerseys were great and everyone loved them. we'd love to use them again next year.

the only downside is a few of the clydesdales couldn't get xxl's. we had to use a different company for those.
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Tri Apparel [hazydavy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So here is the deal. My wife was diagnosed with Multiple sclerosis 4 years ago when she started training for her first marathon. She is doing great and has taken a very proactive role is showing the world that this disease will not define her; She will define the disease. She has god days and bad but she keeps a super positive attitude and stays active. Since her diagnosis she has done four marathons, including Boston twice, several triathlons and did her first Half Ironman this year. We got the idea to make these suits up to spread the word that MS doesnt have to slow you down. Raising awareness and spreading the word about treatment and help that is out there.

The suits are AWESOME. Made by Sugoi, we have full suits and tri tops. The Suits have the "Strike Out MS" logo on the front and reads "Racing Forward" on the orange panael on the side and says "I TRI to end MS". These have been worn by folks at IM Lake Placid, HIM Rhode Island, IronGirl Columbia and the Nations Tri in DC.

Here is the deal, we had to get a minumum order and we ordered a few extras. Lots of folks have commented about these at races and I figured I would see if anyone was interested.

Here are a few Pics

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just designed and ordered for my tri training group. We used Champion Systems www.champ-sys.com They were very easy to work with, sent a size kit immediately upon request, have men and women's sizing and we were very impressed with the quality. You can use as many colors as you want, they are fully sublimated and have low minimums. I've already placed a second order because people wanted more tops (tech t, singlets, cycle jerseys, etc).

http://www.strikeforceracing.com
Team Sponsors: Rudy Project, Skratch Labs, Xterra
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a member of a tri team and a tri club, both have which ordered custom shirts & shorts from LG. I have raced 2 seasons in one of them and they are still holding up well. The LG site is pretty cool too, with an interactive custom design feature that gives you an idea of how your colour schemes will look.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lowest cost and minimums: champion systems

I would check out these 4 companies as well as champ systems:

DeSoto (still charges by color) works with hidden bay sports for customs. subject to CA tax.

Pactimo: Low minimums, excellent quality, good turnaround.

Hannulink: Full digital sublimation, competitive pricing, low minimums, subject to CA tax.

Craft: Low minimums, main clothing line has excellent quality.

We work with champion now because of their ordering policy (10 total main items) and prices.

Go cheap on tops and expensive for bottoms. My 2cents.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
De Soto as http://www.hiddenbaysports.com

Great stuff.

bikefitasia.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We do all this. Dont forget to contact us and we'll tell you all we do for clubs/teams.
Thanks,

Kiwami North America
http://www.kiwamitri.com
http://www.aquamantri.com
contact@kiwamitri.com
http://www.facebook/kiwamitriusa
Quote Reply

Prev Next