Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Disassembly/Assembly of Tririg Alpha One for flying with bike
Quote | Reply
I haven’t flown with my bike since I had the TriRig Alpha One installed on it, and I’m wondering if taking it off at the stem for fitting into the bike box and reassembling it after the flight is straightforward and easy for someone with a minimal bike mechanic skill set? Anything other than the 4mm hex tool needed? I am using all four aero spacers if that makes any difference.
Quote Reply
Re: Disassembly/Assembly of Tririg Alpha One for flying with bike [Greg17815] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Removing the bars from the stem is as easy as any other bars, just a couple of clamp bolts, loosen the fork top cap, and slide off. Recommend assembly lube for extra friction, as it’s a short clamp height, but I’m sure you can get away without it.

It’s the shifters and brakes that are a pain. Very bike-specific. But nothing specific to the Alpha One, the integrated stem comes off the same way as any other stem, and should you have to disassemble the bars for some reason, that’s super easy, as you said a 4mm Allen wrench in a few places will separate extensions, bar, and “dragonfly”.
Quote Reply
Re: Disassembly/Assembly of Tririg Alpha One for flying with bike [Greg17815] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you assemble / disassemble the Alpha One? If so, mind sharing your experiences.

I just flew with my AlphaX and it was PITA (for my mechanical Skillet)

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: Disassembly/Assembly of Tririg Alpha One for flying with bike [Rob84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

Forgive my ignorance here... Thought the AlphaOne had an integrated stem with the base bar. Can it be separated?

Reason I ask: I want to change the front end of my bike to something easier to wrench for when I travel.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Disassembly/Assembly of Tririg Alpha One for flying with bike [ejd_mil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he meant the aerobars. The Alpha One stem and base bar is one unit.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Disassembly/Assembly of Tririg Alpha One for flying with bike [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

BTW, I think I bought the AlphaX from you 5+ years ago. Has been great, thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Disassembly/Assembly of Tririg Alpha One for flying with bike [ejd_mil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes you did đź‘Ť

Quote Reply
Re: Disassembly/Assembly of Tririg Alpha One for flying with bike [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bars have been great - thank you!

Have you seen / used the AlphaOne in th wild? By any chance....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have/had the Alpha One on two bikes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you need to remove the basebars due to size constraints in the bike case?

Might it be easier to just remove the extensions then turn the bars to fit in the case?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guess it depends of the bike box. With the Premier or the BBA you should be fine.
I have a Scicon Aerotech (I did not have an integrated stem when I bought it), and the Alpha One is (a little bit of) a PITA. Remove the stem cap, remove the bottle holder between bars, turn the bars down, remove the entire system from the fork, and attach it to the frame so it does not move. I've done it multiple times so it is not a real problem, but packing/disassembling and unpacking/reassembling takes a good hour if you do it meticulously.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Alpha One installed on my PR5 and have flown with it a handful of time. I fly with a Bonza hard box. So the basebars have to removed and turned sideways to fit. Removal and installation is no different than normal bars and simple enough after doing it a few times

1. Remove stem cover, disconnect extension button di2 wire from Junction B.

2. Remove monopost.

3. Loosen the two stem bolts, and remove basebar off steerer tube.

4. Turn basebar sideways and strap to frame.

One thing to noted though, be careful when reinstalling the basebar and tightening the two stem bolts. Make sure the bolts are seated before tightening. I failed to do so once, a stripped the treads on the basebar stem bolt holes. Was a heartache to repair.
Quote Reply