Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Front Pack Swim
Quote | Reply
Hey all...Does anyone on here have experience with Front Pack Swim. Curious anyone had seen significantly improvements in their swim after going through their program. Thanks for any insight!
Quote Reply
Re: Front Pack Swim [bja1016] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I don't have a response for you but bumping up your post as I'd be interested in finding out too. I'm not a fan of their marketing approach (us vs them, everybody else is wrong, etc.) but they do have some great athletes and credible coaches and - assuming they are genuine/true - the testimonies are quite convincing. The "custom stroke" approach seems to make sense too, at least to a degree. Very pricy though.
Quote Reply
Re: Front Pack Swim [CaliB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Found their approach really good. I had a PB of 5.18 for 400 (SC 25m pool), tested at the beginning at 5.26. Around 10 weeks later, I went 5.04

Hope that helps
Quote Reply
Re: Front Pack Swim [ALBUS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Curious if you continued to see improvement or if it stagnated? Do you still feel it was worth it?
Quote Reply
Re: Front Pack Swim [TVVELO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know this is an older post, but I figured I’d offer some insight for those who might by considering FPS, since it’s difficult to find any info beyond the self-promotion on their website and Instagram page.

I did the 13 week program and actually *added* to my 400 time. The workouts are primarily composed of 50s, 100s, and 200s, so while my top end speed improved, I lost the endurance that I need for long distance racing.

The weekly video calls with swim stroke analysis are helpful, but you only spend ~10 minutes talking with one coach per week. There is a chat feature you can use as well, but I typically had to wait 24+ hours for a response, at which point my questions often didn’t matter since I had already completed the workout.

Their catalogue of videos of drills provide useful references and were the resource that I used the most. Note that their videos often make claims like “this will help you drop seconds!”, which is unlikely, so manage your expectations and be prepared to fast forward through the intros.

I do feel like my technique has improved, but that hasn’t translated to faster swimming. Ultimately I spent $$$$$ for feedback that I likely could have gotten by paying for one-on-one lessons with a local masters coach.

If you decide to go for it, be sure to chat with a few of the coaches and find the one that works best for you.
Quote Reply