Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://support.garmin.com/...ge=en&country=GB

balls! they have taken it down already

it was links to the manuals, but the manuals weren't there, just the links

you could search for it in the store too, the the store is down now (I guess they are quickly fixing it)

Part number is 010-01174

-

http://www.thetrinerd.com
Last edited by: Anth: Sep 17, 14 10:05
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Anth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Garmin Forerunner 920XT Triathlon watch will be released Oct/Nov 2014 (est.) [I'll take kona as sensible]
2 colours (edit: black and blue + white and red), each with 2 variants (with or without the HRM4 strap)
Here is the pricing from the garmin website (look at the garmin 910xt forums as well):
  • USD450 (or USD500 with HRM4)
  • GBP390 (or GBP420 with HRM4)

Likely Features: <here> according to ME (takes you to an external site...mine)
Product codes: 010-01174-10, 010-01174-11, 010-01174-30 and 010-01174-31
Source: Garmin online shop!

from my original post: http://the5krunner.com/...0xt-triathlon-watch/
I have seen all the links/info mentioned above. believe it or not. it's up to you. I have not seen the actual unit nor have I spoken with anyone at garmin.
Last edited by: the5krunner: Jan 23, 15 13:01
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [the5krunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone posted that they saw one in red....that a rep had at a store i believe.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:

indeed so.

i'm just posting what I saw on the garmin site !! (it might still be there on the manuals placeholder page referenced on my page and I think earlieri n this thread)

Edit:

Apparently it really means this and I was wrong:

Black & Blue with HRM-Run
Black & Blue without HRM-Run

White & Red with HRM-Run
White & Red without HRM-Run
Last edited by: the5krunner: Sep 17, 14 15:49
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [godekjames] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
godekjames wrote:
Garmin rep at the expo for a half marathon this month said it will be announced at kona, he would not go into to much detail but said no foot pod for cadence and HR while swimming. I did not see an actual 920, not sure he even had one.

Was that a YES to HR while swimming ?! Must mean optical inbuilt - which is about the only thing that anyone at Garmin told me that Garmin don't believe in (optical)...note to self: get better contacts!! Could be like the BURST HR with the Ambit3...that technology is made by Dynastream...who Garmin own.

I would have thought, like the Fenix2, that a footpod would be optional as well as being able to use the strap. not everyone will buy the HRM4 strap.

I've just read this and I think I must be a techy geek. Second note to self: get and LIFE and stop writing to yourself :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing wrong with being a geek. And you really shouldn't be writing notes to yourself to remind you not to write to yourself, but I suppose it's considered better than talking to yourself.

Sigh.... So my 910 has been great for the past few years, after the horrible teething period at the start, and some hiccups with firmware updates. Yet I will no doubt purchase this new offering, and repeat the frustrations I know I could avoid.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [sharkbait_au] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there's plenty of talk that garmin have learnt their lesson about getting a product market ready before putting it on the market and in can only hope that is the case.
however this website mistake is hardly reassuring! i don't imagine there is any relationship between their web people and their product people though...
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:

Yes, that is what I saw at the store. Time will prove what I saw to be correct or not, I guess.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Post deleted by atasic [ In reply to ]
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seems like it will be possible to buy the "Quick Release Kit" soon. From https://buy.garmin.com/...0xt-/prod144469.html

Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [antialias] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ha!

that one will be taken down soon too :-)

Looks like Kona

any thoughts on what will be in it? Someone on the garmin support thread said BIG software changes.

my thoughts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [moho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well schitt.....that looks exactly like the one I saw in the LTS, only in blue / black.

Huh.

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
moho wrote:
http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/1000000372/garmin-forerunner-920xt-gps-hrm-run/

Cat's out of the bag now. I have to think that Garmin is none too pleased with RRS right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah...

they beat me to it.

Same info that I have here in today's pre-pre-review !

http://the5krunner.com/...pre-release-insight/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
moho wrote:
http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/1000000372/garmin-forerunner-920xt-gps-hrm-run/

The red/white one is truly hideous...

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 920 XT [fitknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fitknight wrote:
moho wrote:

The blue/black one isn't exactly oozing sexy either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fitknight wrote:
moho wrote:

Ah, didn't see the color option the first time. Yep, that is the one I saw a few weeks ago. Looked much better in real life than that image. Loving almost all things red, I wanted one!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be interested to see the strap options that they come out with like they've done with the 220/620 straps.

I had just settled on buying the FR10 and Edge 500 for the bike...now I guess I can wait to decide on that?

"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That makes me wonder how the quick release us going to look...

- John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm selling some special 920xt black enamel paint (aero and waterproof) to cover those colours up.

available on wiggle for GBP19.95, yours for a bargain at GBP19.94 (+P&P) ... :-)

takers?

(PS joking...for the hard of hearing...just don't like the colours)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just noticed this, too:
Quote:
Use this watch and activity tracker combo to track your steps, calories and distance throughout the day
Guess I'll be waiting on the Vivofit I've been thinking about...if that's accurate (and nothing's real until Ray posts a review) it's the 910XT, 620, Swim, Vivofit/FR15 and fenix 2 all wrapped up together...in a slimmer hardware package.

I'm drooling all over my keyboard already...WANT!!!!

(please let it all be accurate!)

- John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I"m wondering why DC Rainmaker hasn't reviewed or announced anything on his website?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fitknight wrote:
Just noticed this, too:
Quote:
Use this watch and activity tracker combo to track your steps, calories and distance throughout the day

Guess I'll be waiting on the Vivofit I've been thinking about...if that's accurate (and nothing's real until Ray posts a review) it's the 910XT, 620, Swim, Vivofit/FR15 and fenix 2 all wrapped up together...in a slimmer hardware package.

I'm drooling all over my keyboard already...WANT!!!!

(please let it all be accurate!)

I agree. If it is all those things I will be an early adopter!. The 910 came out within 6 months of me getting a 310 and at the time I couldn't justify getting the 910 and told myself, wait for a couple of years and get the next version. A couple of years became 3 years so I'm looking for the successor not. And, IF the new 920 has "ski mode" like the Fenix 2, that will be an added bonus. Add in fitness tracking stuff, like being able to enter the weight of each of my dumps during the day :) that'd be a bonus. A slot for a SIM card so I don't need a phone is what I really want. Oh and to be able to play Galaga on it during those 6 hour boring flights in economy.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply

Prev Next