Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

High Elbow Swim
Quote | Reply
I hear talk about high elbow.. is this just keeping the elbow high during the catch/pull phase of the stroke, basically not letting it drop below the body so that the hands go below the elbow?
Quote Reply
Re: High Elbow Swim [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
125 - thanks for asking that

trislayer - thanks for posting those links.
Quote Reply
Re: High Elbow Swim [trislayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet! I saw that article and video before many months ago but I forgot all about it.. Will try it tonight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice trick.. I improved by 8s per 100 using high elbow last night, over a 2000 yd swim.. Never swam that fast before...
Last edited by: 125mph: Dec 28, 12 9:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One thing you might notice. With high elbow/EVF you are less likely to lift your body through the catch and start of the pull..... wasted energy going in the wrong direction.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The video posted is great. I also highly recommend the "Swim Speed Secrets for Swimmers & Triathletes" book by Shelia Taormina. Talk about an eye opener. Read the book and get yourself videotaped under water...it will be depressing and exciting all at the same time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:
Nice trick.. I improved by 8s per 100 using high elbow last night, over a 2000 yd swim.. Never swam that fast before...

Nice, how much practice did that take to gain the 8 seconds?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If a high elbow and upper arm is important, will I benefit from doing swim exercises wearing inflatable armbands? Not joking.
Quote Reply
Re: High Elbow Swim [mmmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mmmike wrote:
125mph wrote:

Nice, how much practice did that take to gain the 8 seconds?

I practiced it in the bathroom mirror at work for about 10 minutes... Went to the pool afterwork and gained 8 seconds per 100yd over the previous days workout, exerting the same efforts. I've actually never swam that 2000 yards so fast lol.
Last edited by: 125mph: Dec 29, 12 17:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! I'm heading to the bathroom now ;)
Quote Reply