Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IM Tattoo
Quote | Reply
Hi, I know some of you do not agree with it but I'm ready to get mine. I just finished IM FL.

I need to provide to the "artist" a design. Mine should be simple, just the M-dot, in red. I'm looking for the best rendition of the symbol - I was wondering if any of you has a good source (link or image), I want mine to have the correct proportions. I did the Google images thing, nothing good comes up.

Thanks,
Alin
Last edited by: alinp75: Nov 14, 11 18:04
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tatoo [alinp75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok I'll bite. I'm gonna throw the bullshit card cuz there are plenty of images out there. Happy trolling......

~trevor
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is the one you should get...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you plan to use text, make sure your artist is a better speller than you.

===================================
I'll tell you all right now, my seat is too low, I'm not aero and I carry too much fluid on the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tatoo [tafrohberg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
win!

Quote | Reply
please note that you must also tattoo the R "registered" symbol or your skin may be repossessed by WTC
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tatoo [CapnMols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hang on, I have to go across the street and buy some TROLLi candies
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't let the M-Dot change you. It changes people -- truly. Remember be yourself!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tatoo [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks TriBeer and Mike C !!! Solved.
I should stop here... anyway:

RunFatboyRun wrote:
If you plan to use text, make sure your artist is a better speller than you.

According to MS Word, it's perfect the way it is, Mr. Spelling Police Officer.
If you refer to the grammar, than maybe... ;)

tafrohberg and kabacrew ... I don't think your 100 posts each qualify you to pick on the new guy but I do appreciate you taking the time to digg up those images and contribute to the discussion. And you did that just for me, thanks girls :)
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tatoo [CapnMols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CapnMols wrote:
please note that you must also tattoo the R "registered" symbol or your skin may be repossessed by WTC

Nice :) I'll do that just for kicks! ...or just in case (ahem)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why don't you get this one? this one is a lot cooler, more unique and trust me it's an ice breaker at a non wetsuit swim race. I dare you!! TRIPPLE dare you!

Never give up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Map of Florida with M dot inside, also a sign says "i was here"
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Enduralete [ In reply to ]
Re: IM Tatoo [tryandtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tryandtri wrote:
why don't you get this one? this one is a lot cooler, more unique and trust me it's an ice breaker at a non wetsuit swim race. I dare you!! TRIPPLE dare you!
LMAO !!!!

Quote | Reply
If you've been here for a month, you'll realize that everything that has been posted within that month will cycle through next month, and the next month et ad infinitum.

In all reality, do what you want but to me an M-Dot tattoo is like putting a McDonald's arch on your arm or leg. It's a corporate logo. On that note, why don't you get a tattoo that means something MORE to you. Is there anything that got you through IMFL that you relied upon other than finishing?

And I would suggest using the search feature and search this topic... and I would suggest to do it before you post on ANY Internet forum. Anyway, you will find a mixed bag of responses. Some people LOVE their M-Dot, some people REGRET getting one and are upset about it. Try some of the Slowtwitch Kool-aid. If you don't like it spit it out. If not, bottoms up!

~trevor
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you get it inked as described, be prepared to rouse the ire of those who believe that only Kona finishers have earned the right to a red M-dot tattoo. All others should be black.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Design one yourself.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tatoo [atomic916] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
atomic916 wrote:
If you get it inked as described, be prepared to rouse the ire of those who believe that only Kona finishers have earned the right to a red M-dot tattoo. All others should be black.

I have never heard this before. Is this something that is common knowledge?

Ironman Certified Coach

Currently accepting limited number of new athletes
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tatoo [bufit323] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
opinion
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tatoo [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1

I thought I would piss my pants when I saw that.

Panabax

We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true.—Robert Wilensky
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tatoo [tafrohberg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tafrohberg wrote:
an M-Dot tattoo is like putting a McDonald's arch on your arm or leg. It's a corporate logo.

I have a buddy that in a drunken stupor got a huge red Texaco star tattooed on his chest to compete in a stupidest tattoo contest. He won!

Panabax

We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true.—Robert Wilensky
Quote Reply

Prev Next