Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

L/R Stages only giving me Left side power
Quote | Reply
I recently purchased a new stages L/R power meter. I've gone thru the app to make sure they are "paired" together, software is up to date and batteries are good. The problem is when I start my Garmin half the time it only reads left side power. I do single leg drills just to test if both sides are working and the right side is super hit or miss if it pairs or not. Has anyone had this issue or have any tips or how to make sure they both pair?

Peak NA Cocktails for Recovery
WAE Clothing
Youtube
Quote Reply
Re: L/R Stages only giving me Left side power [csb146] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello
I am also the new owner of this PM.. and in my first test rides I had the same issues/worries.

I thought the one side was not working.

First, you must make sure that you pair the Garmin to the LEFT side unit only (drive side).

But I do think it works in a bit of a weird way that if you do single leg drill, it does not work as one would expect and seems to drop the one side, at least for an initial period.

This tread below does seem to have this discussed:

https://www.trainerroad.com/...le-leg-drill/45858/2

I got the PM on my new bike last fall (late) before switching to the trainer, I will have to check again and do some more test to reassure myself as well.

I do think I remember that when I was using both legs, and when intentionally putting more pressure on one side then the other, that the data showed that correctly in post-ride analysis. Maybe it just does not cope well with no power on one side, or takes a lot of time to figure it out.

If you find more information by testing, let me know! I hope to ride this bike soon again too, if weather permits..

---------------------------------
T. Guertin / Spocket
Quote Reply
Re: L/R Stages only giving me Left side power [csb146] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went through exactly what @spocket did and still had the issues you are experiencing. I ended up having to send it back in and it has been perfect since. You are probably screwed right now with all the uncertainties at Stages right now though...
Quote Reply