Swimswam
Slowtwitch
Let’s run
Quote Reply
Re: LetsRun, SwimSwam and Slowtwitch [waverider101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
waverider101 wrote:
****, marry or kill?

I don’t know how it would work but I don’t see why ST and SS don’t cross promote.

For that matter have Coleman do a practice with pancakes with a triathlete.

I figure a lot of people visit both sites….
Quote Reply
Re: LetsRun, SwimSwam and Slowtwitch [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
waverider101 wrote:
****, marry or kill?

I don’t know how it would work but I don’t see why ST and SS don’t cross promote.

For that matter have Coleman do a practice with pancakes with a triathlete.

I figure a lot of people visit both sites….

I think most triathletes don't care about swimming. Those of us who care about swimming visit both sites, but I suspect that is maybe 5% of triathletes. Also on Swimswam there is a ton of news/content on collegiate swimming. I get why in a swimming context, just like a football site caring about college football or a basketball site caring about college basketball but for most sports what is going on in college subset is a not news, and to international people who don't care about swimming it just looks weird caring so much about any sport in college because in the rest of the world people go to college to study and college sports are non existent.
Quote Reply
Re: LetsRun, SwimSwam and Slowtwitch [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
need to find that person that would marry letsrun. RandMart probs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
letsrun has the best training advice plus the best trolls. who are the rekrunner and armstronglivs of slowtwitch?
Quote Reply
Re: LetsRun, SwimSwam and Slowtwitch [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, so I think I know what's going on now. LetsRun and SwimSwam are other training websites?
Quote Reply
Re: LetsRun, SwimSwam and Slowtwitch [VegasJen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah swimswam is more results and news and comments and letsrun has a far higher concentration of abnormal behaviour and sarcasm unrelated to running. It’s hard to describe and I am not sure it’s for everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
waverider101 wrote:
need to find that person that would marry letsrun. RandMart probs

Well THAT is just not called for LOL

I can't think of any situation where LetsRun doesn't die

F or marry, between the other two? I don't know enough about SwimSwam to commit to a relationship, so maybe that would be the Side-Piece and I'd marry Slowtwitch, since we've already been together for so long

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
letsrun has the best training advice plus the best trolls

So we're talking a Hate-Fuck situation then?

Last edited by: RandMart: Apr 29, 24 5:16
Quote Reply
Re: LetsRun, SwimSwam and Slowtwitch [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had hear of but never explored SwimSwam. Really well done. Definitely marriage material.

Do they have a forum ?
Last edited by: marcag: Apr 29, 24 7:08
Quote Reply
Re: LetsRun, SwimSwam and Slowtwitch [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
I had hear of but never explored SwimSwam. Really well done. Definitely marriage material.

Do they have a forum ?

No forum but very active commentary on the articles from a lot of regulars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LetsRun is beyond toxic. The white supremacy, the misogyny, the accusations of doping against anyone who achieves anything of merit, the non-stop trolling, people replying to themselves and others under lists of unregistered screen names, bashing or lusting after college women...

100% cesspool.
Quote Reply
Re: LetsRun, SwimSwam and Slowtwitch [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

I can't think of any situation where LetsRun doesn't die

LetsRun is 4chan Lite. If you don't know what it is you are better off for it.

------------------------------
The first time man split the atom was when the atom tried to hold Jens Voigt's wheel, but cracked.
Quote Reply
Re: LetsRun, SwimSwam and Slowtwitch [BigDig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Letsrun.. is great for the potential latest news/issues. Slowtwitch the place where it will be verified with mature discussion. No bike forum equivalent?
Quote Reply
Re: LetsRun, SwimSwam and Slowtwitch [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
LetsRun is beyond toxic. The white supremacy, the misogyny, the accusations of doping against anyone who achieves anything of merit, the non-stop trolling, people replying to themselves and others under lists of unregistered screen names, bashing or lusting after college women...

100% cesspool.

There are those elements and they're not helpful to the site, the world, or anything really. But it's not a 100% cesspool. There's some really good info there and some really good running news.

There's plenty of ways to do a forum. Slowtwitch opts to control the boards sometimes at the expense of diversity of opinion. It's almost always no big deal for civil discussion, but there are some cases where you could argue for a less moderated forum. Try making the argument that African people are worse at swimming than Europeans due to genetics. In all likelihood there is a component of average genetics at work, maybe not, but an interesting discussion that has no need to be racist, but would be shut down unless introduced with exceptional care and tip-toeing. See the "athletes in larger bodies" debacle.

I'm personally more on the side of slowtwitch-style moderated forums, but I understand the appeal and reasoning for less moderated ones. At the end of the day it's good to have both styles available and spoil the users for choice.
Quote Reply
Re: LetsRun, SwimSwam and Slowtwitch [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it should be SwimSwam, Escape Collective, and LetsRun as the options personally...

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read Letsrun more than I should, but there's no way that's a marriage scenario. We're talking 26-page arguments full of all the same sh*t we said in the other threads, no achievement is ever actually impressive, somehow everything is about politics or religion, and they're wearing short shorts. I'd maybe bang Letsrun, but in a 'crazy side piece I don't actually want to spend extended periods of time with' kind of way.

Slowtwitch is more of an 'old married couple' vibe, where we like to snark at each other in public while curtailing the more thorny arguments to the private room, but it's still kind of useful and gives good advice despite being a bit grumpy.

I'm a garbage swimmer, so I'd probably kill Swimswam for ego-related reasons.
Quote Reply
Re: LetsRun, SwimSwam and Slowtwitch [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LetsRun still gets murdered LOL

Quote Reply
Re: LetsRun, SwimSwam and Slowtwitch [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:

100% cesspool.

You can’t post under more than 1 name in the same thread, don’t ask me how I know…

Yes it does have its toxic parts but some of it is hilarious and some of the training advice is amazing. Renato canova recently posted all of Emile cairess’ workouts/training prior to London. I get sick of the doping accusations - as any thread about someone’s performance usually devolves into a back and forth between armstronglivs, rekrunner and others.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’d not heard of the swimming one (though it does look comprehensive and cool) so I’d say top 2 spots go to Slowtwitch and Letsrun. And both have some epic threads…Mike Rossi on Lestrun (and the accompanying bounty for him to run a 5k) and the female getting punched on Slowtwitch. So it’s close, but then there was also the treadmill world record attempt, an all time classic, so #1 has to go LR on that alone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
You can’t post under more than 1 name in the same thread, don’t ask me how I know…

I thought Mike Rossi was able to do that? He'd actually post as himself or another name, then every other person who agreed with him, or supported him in the same thread was really just him all along (because NOBODY agreed with him NOR supported him LOL)

I could be wrong though, or maybe they changed the log-on protocols since then?

Quote Reply
Re: LetsRun, SwimSwam and Slowtwitch [501chorusecho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
501chorusecho wrote:
I’d not heard of the swimming one (though it does look comprehensive and cool) so I’d say top 2 spots go to Slowtwitch and Letsrun. And both have some epic threads…Mike Rossi on LetsRun (and the accompanying bounty for him to run a 5k) and the female getting punched on Slowtwitch. So it’s close, but then there was also the treadmill world record attempt, an all time classic, so #1 has to go LR on that alone.

Do you not understand how to play "FMK?" There are no "top 2 spots"

Anyway - here a some big hitters of Slowtwitch "epic thread" lore

"T3" - http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=4092051#p4092051

"Gorilla" - http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=4597045#p4597045

"Trucker Hat" - http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=5124120#p5124120

"Ashley Horner" - https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6671856#p6671856

Have fun!!!

Last edited by: RandMart: Apr 29, 24 13:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
DieselPete wrote:

100% cesspool.

Yes, you can.

I literally just did it to check. Before replying to you. I posted under my registered name, and then responded to myself with a non-registered name with no password.
Quote Reply

Prev Next