Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Low profile 23cm “race” tire
Quote | Reply
I guess the conti go5000s are little taller profile than they used to be. On my P2C they now rub the frame even at 85psi.

Anyone know of lower profile tires, preferably race tires?

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Re: Low profile 23cm “race” tire [LEBoyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vittoria Corsa Speed 23mm

----------------------------
Need more W/CdA.
Quote Reply
Re: Low profile 23cm “race” tire [mrlobber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Do you know if the G2.0 Graphene are also low profile? I'm having trouble finding the "speed" (or are they the same) in a clincher 23mm.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BRR measures tire height, but it’s not on the summary page, you have to click on each article to find it.

From my own measurements on 23mm tires (21mm internal rims), looking at the gap to the downtube of my 2015 p3, the Corsa Speed, Michelin Power TT, and Gp5k clincher (purchased a couple of year ago) all seemed very close in height. Veloflex Record 23mm was a touch shorter, probably 1mm or less.

I haven’t ridden those 23mm Gp5ks much at all, no more than 100 miles per tire. Shoot me a message if you might be interested in them.
Quote Reply
Re: Low profile 23cm “race” tire [Rob84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the "older" 5ks seemed to work. I'm not sure what "older" means because I don't recall when I purchased the older ones and I don't know how to date the "newer" ones.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LEBoyd wrote:
Thanks. Do you know if the G2.0 Graphene are also low profile? I'm having trouble finding the "speed" (or are they the same) in a clincher 23mm.

If you're in Europe, plenty of stock around.
This tire: Vittoria Corsa Speed G2.0 TLR Folding Tire - black - ETRTO 23-622 | BIKE24
Yes, they're marked as "Tubeless Ready", but run easily with latex tubes, and are just as fast as if run tubeless.

----------------------------
Need more W/CdA.
Quote Reply