Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Oceanside 70.3 Race Replay
Quote | Reply
I am following the link to Outside Watch to watch the race replay. It is asking me to subscribe.

Is only the live stream free?
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 Race Replay [Calvin386] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Calvin386 wrote:
I am following the link to Outside Watch to watch the race replay. It is asking me to subscribe.

And $89 subscription???? Never mind. It's ridiculous.
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 Race Replay [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But keep in mind that fee isn't for triathlon coverage. It's for their entire channel. Unfornately there is no Tri Live for LC racing only where you can pay $50 a year for coverage. So I kinda look at it in the opposite way....atleast we have a "free" way to watch, even if it's only live, especially for races outside their WC's.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 Race Replay [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get it... everything can't be free. However, with a crowded streaming service market, I don't see how OW+ can squeeze their way in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The replay doesn't seem to have all the commercial interruptions. When they say they are going to a break they keep showing the racing action just with no sound.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1.) Yes, only the live stream is free.
2.) This is how partnerships work...IM provides content, Outside allows it to be streamed for free when it's happening, but wants you to pay for it once the live event is over -- they need *some* benefit out of this.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 Race Replay [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM on Outside+ is a very different product than most other content on O+. Just looking at what you get, there is a substantial component that are trail+GPS tools. There is content for learning - but the emphasis (from the very brief info) seems to be on hiking/backpacking. There is digital access to the Outside mag - I used to subscribe and the writing can be phenomenal, but like most mags, the interesting content seems to have diminished and product placement 'stories' and ads are way up. I think that that is why the $90/yr seems to be a poor value for those primarily interested in IM replays. Combine O+ IM content (only) with TriathlonTV for a total of $90/yr. That is a product I'd go for - but, I know, no relationship between O+ and WT.
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 Race Replay [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s it for me. I would buy replay for one IM race for like $4.99? I don’t have time to watch other crap and I’m not interested in at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
That’s it for me. I would buy replay for one IM race for like $4.99? I don’t have time to watch other crap and I’m not interested in at all.

Very true.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:

That would be great. Is there anywhere else for the replay or highlights? YouTube perhaps?

------------------------------
The first time man split the atom was when the atom tried to hold Jens Voigt's wheel, but cracked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
Calvin386 wrote:

And $89 subscription???? Never mind. It's ridiculous.

This may not matter to you, but my Outside subscription is $59.99 per year. My Triathlonlive subscription to watch ITU is $36.99/year (all U.S. dollars). I will be getting a lot more use with the Outside subscription to watch Ironman events this year than my Triathlonlive subscription.

My FulGaz subscription is $125.99/year; Zwift $149.99/year as a comparison.
Last edited by: Upstaterun: Apr 8, 24 12:02
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 Race Replay [Upstaterun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For what ever reason, I kind of foresaw the need for an Outisde+ subscription last fall, and when they offered 60% off in December ($23.99 for a year) I jumped on it. That doesn't help anyone now, but maybe they'll offer another deal soon. Or, if enough folks squawk at their inbox, maybe we can convince them to toss out a discount code for Slowtwitch-ers.

-Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Calvin386 wrote:

At least, we have this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFzhLUVqSZM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The full 5.29 replay was posted a couple of hours ago on the ironman youtube channel.

Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 Race Replay [esuuv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
esuuv wrote:
The full 5.29 replay was posted a couple of hours ago on the ironman youtube channel.

Not available
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 Race Replay [esuuv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So we only needed to avoid any spoilers for 5 days and we're good.
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 Race Replay [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:
s13tx wrote:

Very true.

Yep subscribed last year and NEVER watched 95% of the content, only IM races and that was limited to a handfull.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
Calvin386 wrote:

At least, we have this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFzhLUVqSZM

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply