Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: BMC TM01 upgrades - Top tube bag [paolo.s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the bike looks great. Sure, it's similar to the SC, P5, and Canyon. you can say the same about road bikes. There's only so much you can do when you are trying to create an integrated double triangle bike.

The one thing I would caution is that the bike comes with the V front end by default and the flat front end (if you need it) will cost you extra (I think it was about $1k), making an already expensive bike even more so. I am not 100% sure on this though, just remember this bit.
Last edited by: bloodyshogun: Mar 8, 17 19:17
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 upgrades - Top tube bag [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
speaking with my dealer he said that I'm free to pick the V front or the flat front (up to me), checking on the file provided by BMC it seems my measurement fit better with the flat front and frame size S.

Input Calculator
Pad Stack 572
Pad Reach 409
Hand Stack 802
Seat height 694

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am sure down the road they might have the option but I honestly dont think they will make a bike like Cervelo or Diamondback did thats a specific TT with disk. The new TM is probably here for awhile so if you want disk brakes then maybe wait and see.

For a company that makes a great aero/lightweight bike, I cant seem them jumping into the disk market for their tt bike.They wouldve made the option if they wanted to do it when they released their latest model. I could be wrong and anyone please feel free to correct me.

2020 Team Zoot MTN
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 upgrades - Top tube bag [NChamberlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a link to the adhesive you used?

2020 Team Zoot MTN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
paolo.s wrote:
Hello!
I was about to pull the trigger for the new BMC TM01 2017 ultegra di2, but:

A ) I reading a lot of sarcastic comments about the lack of innovation: it looks like a cervelo P5 or a Trek
B) is not anymore the best looking bike, that wired piece of aero plastics is really hard to digest...but maybe I have only to get used to.
C) do you think the disk brake will force BMC to upgrade again this bike in one year or two?

I'd love ti hear some of your thoughts about it
... so far I'm an happy owner of a Giant Trinity.

Why? I was reading bike reviews in the latest Lava last night and they said the new BMC had the best braking of any with standard calipers.

I have a 2012 TM01 which I regard as fantastic. What has me looking at the new one as a potential replacement is the genius behind the cockpit set up. By just releasing the cables and removing a few bolts, you can slide the entire cockpit straightforward and off. Having a superbike with integrated cockpit that is easy to pack is a huge deal.
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 upgrades - Top tube bag [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a really interesting point. I wonder if disc brakes on Tri bikes will really become mainstream in the next few years or if it is just a fad. The upgrade cost - training wheelset, race wheelset, and disc/covered rear wheel is just so steep if you've already got a stable of equipment.
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 upgrades - Top tube bag [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unlike the 10 to 11 speed conversion which has taken deep root; the resistance to disc brakes is still very high. I'm flat not interested. The marketers are pushing it hard, but the tri-community so far isn't buying.
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 upgrades - Top tube bag [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could see the market making road bikes have them, but tri bikes without. More aero or not, they appear less aero, and looks are what drives sales. And it's a differentiator between road and tri, and people dig their sport being a bit different. For example, you usually tell that's a triathlete that is biking or running without socks. Whether it's faster is debatable, but it defines to the "tribe" who you are. And when a course gets technical enough to need disk brakes, lots of people switch to road bikes anyway.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 upgrades - Top tube bag [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi guys, do you know where i can find the stack and reach numbers for the new TM01?

from the BMC website, the geometry numbers are very sparse....

TIA!
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has only attempted to change their own cables and housings? If so, any tips that you might have for me? It has been two years so it has been done and I need to get at it before this season I think.
Quote Reply
Present mi tm02 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I present my tm02
Sorry for my english
I promise you better photos
Any changes or improvements you bring will be welcome

Data:

Tm02

Size S
Rear deraullier DuraAce 7900
Front deraullier DuraAce 7900
CrankSet Vision Trimax carbon 170 53/39 (in transit 54/42)
Front brake caliper DuraAce 7900
Stem Specialized aero mod
Aerobar Bontrager speed concept 1gen mod
Zipp Vuka R2c Shiffters
Chain DuraAce
DuraAce 12/27 Cassette (in transit 12/23)
Saddle sitero (change by adamo attack in transit from usa)
Computer Garmin 520
Computer mount profile design
Remote control edge
Cadence / speed sensor cateye
Pedal vp R73
Cabbles DuraAce
Front wheel 50mm (in transit 3 spoke)
Rear wheel 90m
Clinchers Vittoria Diamante pro radiale 3 700x24
Inner tube continental supersonic race
Aero drink profile design
Aero bottle cage elite chrono cx
Aero storage Specialized Remora
Cam contour gps Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKeZCmLsxuo

When the weather is nice and saddle arrives, arm pads, fron wheel trispoke, I put new photos

Thanks from uruguay

Quote Reply
Re: Present mi tm02 [warlockuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's genius, taking the Speed Concept stem and bars (which are superb in terms of aero and integration) and using them on a regular-steerer bike.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Present mi tm02 [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi stem is specialized shiv, I made a plate in aluminum
I liked it a lot as it is, it is very adjustable
Very thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ironcode] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. Its not that bad. I left the housing in, took off the cables, and threaded the new cable into to old housing. Then I took off the old housing and you should be left with the new cables inside.

Honestly, I thought I needed them changed since its been two years and the housing is perfectly fine. Since its all internal routing, they last a lot longer. I would take one out and see if you need it before you do all of them. I would just change the cables.

2020 Team Zoot MTN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How did you attach the bento box?

2020 Team Zoot MTN
Quote Reply
Re: Present mi tm02 [tsdogma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tsdogma wrote:
How did you attach the bento box?

hi
i buy : http://www.ebay.com/...e=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

very thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fellows, did anyone have any issues with the severely limited steering range of the BMC TM01? It seems pretty extreme. I know that some guys crashed out because of it here in NY. I know that I would not be able to get around the GW Bridge turns going over to Jersey.
Interesting that this bike was developed in Switzerland, a country with some of the tightest turns...
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [triguyny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguyny wrote:
Fellows, did anyone have any issues with the severely limited steering range of the BMC TM01? It seems pretty extreme. I know that some guys crashed out because of it here in NY. I know that I would not be able to get around the GW Bridge turns going over to Jersey.
Interesting that this bike was developed in Switzerland, a country with some of the tightest turns...

I have the new TM02 and yes, very limited steering. Best to take it easy on sharp fast turns. I crashed last week and will not make that mistake again. That said, it's a TT bike and most courses won't have those kind of turns. No RAGRETS

2017 races: St. George 70.3 May 6 | Madison 70.3 June 11 | IM Zurich July 30 | Chicago Marathon October 8
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [triguyny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of the bumpers on the forks fell off on my bike and honestly not having it has helped with the turning issues. Im not sure if this is bad for the frame but there has been no rubbing from turning too far in.

Maybe someone that knows the frame better can help and say why its bad to remove these or if there is no effect of taking them off.

2020 Team Zoot MTN
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any suggestions as to storage options on a 2016 TM01? I'm hoping to get something similar to the trek or QR PR5/6 rear storage box figured out for keeping spares etc..
Last edited by: Pmswanepoel: Apr 6, 17 22:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you made a custom plate to mount the Speed Concept bar in the Shiv stem? How stable is that? I assume you needed a stem that could clamp onto a regular steerer because the Speed Concept stem can't?

Register for Tri the Illini! Urbana-Champaign's premier sprint triathlon! Register here: http://www.fightingillinitriathlon.com/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: Present mi tm02 [Red X] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speed concept
Is very fine. I have one but I could not put it.
Is very stable, never gave me problems, check every time the screws
And are well subject.
The truth was very good
Today I change the seat for an adamo attack
Greetings and if I need photos to order
Rafael
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how did you put the Speed Concept stem on the regular steerer? Isn't the clamp too small? Do you have a picture of the stem and steerer right where it connects? It looks really cool.

Register for Tri the Illini! Urbana-Champaign's premier sprint triathlon! Register here: http://www.fightingillinitriathlon.com/index.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could not put the speed concept
I put one of shiv specialized
I put more photos tonight
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Picture

Quote Reply

Prev Next