Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Power2max Power meter
Quote | Reply
I am looking to see if anyone has any feedback they can share on the above manufacture crank-based power meters? Only reason I am asking is because I am looking at going to a 150mm crank arms with a power meter on the new trek speed concept. I am being told Rotor crank based power meters will not work due to clearance issue.

Thanks Ike

Ike
Quote Reply
Re: Power2max Power meter [Ike621] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ike621 wrote:
I am looking to see if anyone has any feedback they can share on the above manufacture crank-based power meters? Only reason I am asking is because I am looking at going to a 150mm crank arms with a power meter on the new trek speed concept. I am being told Rotor crank based power meters will not work due to clearance issue.

Thanks Ike

Power2max are a great crank based power meters.
I have one myself and work with many amateurs and pros that have had great success with them
Last edited by: marcag: May 2, 24 5:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They’ve been around a long time now, they’re super reliable and accurate, and generally never have problems. One of the best on the market.

Quote | Reply
Agree with the above, ive had a couple they havent skipped a beat. Has the seal of approval from GPLama too. I wouldnt bother paying the extra for the expensive one, the NGEco is perfectly good enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x5. They're just great. No drama at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My power2max has been great the last three seasons. I only wish it showed power numbers as high as my quarq did ten years ago :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a P2M paired with Praxis cranks with no complaints. Only minor issue is that it reads 5-10w lower than the Quarq it replaced. My ego didn't like that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used Power2max Type S powermeters for years without any issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have two of the ngeco spiders. They've been awesome, no complaints
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still have a P2M classic powermeter from 2014 that is on a rim brake road bike still fully functional.

I agree with what others said about these reading lower. I might get a pair of new Vectors just to inflate the ego.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 6 of their power meters, classic through NG and they are all working perfectly.

I've installed at least 10 others and they just work for all of their owners.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ike621 wrote:

Thanks Ike

Who's telling you they won't work on a SpeedConcept, and why wouldn't they work? The new version of the SC has a T47 BB, I would think clearance shouldn't be an issue any more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm unsure if there's a higher quality PM than Power2Max.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Power2max Power meter [Mudge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Being told the only issue is with the rotor crank and having a clearance issue with that BB. They gave me an option for the power2max crank to overcome the clearance issue. My bike fitter gave me this information. Tony West out of Indy. Awesome guy.

Ike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have two NGeco powermeters. They have been 100% reliable and trouble-free. They are incredibly easy to set up and use. Battery life is excellent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ike621 wrote:
Being told the only issue is with the rotor crank and having a clearance issue with that BB. They gave me an option for the power2max crank to overcome the clearance issue. My bike fitter gave me this information. Tony West out of Indy. Awesome guy.

Just and FYI, P2M does not make any cranks. They make spiders and sell other peoples cranks (Rotor, Praxis, Campy, FSA and others). You'll still need to do your research on what crank/spindle/bottom bracket you'll need for your frame and or existing cranks (assuming they're modular and not Shimano based).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Extremely happy with mine on my venge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ike621 wrote:

Thanks Ike

We installed a P2M NG with Rotor ALDHU Carbon 30mm 155mm cranks on my wife’s 2023 Speed Concept. No clearance issues. I’m not sure what might be different with the aluminum ALDHU arms.

Make sure someone isn't telling you about an issue with Rotor cranks using a Rotor power meter.

Also consider contacting P2M NA or Rotor directly about compatibility. Another solid resource is Power Meter City.
Quote Reply
Re: Power2max Power meter [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know if they mean "rotor inspider" vs any powermeter on a rotor based system (or is it "Any rotor crank")

We have 3 P2Maxs in the house (1 road bike, 2 tri bikes) and always working great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have found their customer service to be excellent also. I bought one of their first generation meters back in 2010. For 10 years it served me well but in 2021 it finally died. I contacted them, we had an efficient email exchange and even though it was well out of warranty they offered me a crash replacement which was very good deal. Again, emails back and forth to make sure I got the right cranks etc and then more correspondence to help me fit it etc. No hesitation to buy from them again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best in the biz. Have two of them, one (NG) is almost 7 years old and I never had an issue, they just work. I also owned the first one that came out in 2013 and that one was just as good. Btw, I also have the rotor based one with 155 cranks

Ike621 wrote:

Thanks Ike

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ike621 wrote:

Thanks Ike

Coming up on 10 years with a Classic on FSA crank arms, never had any issues.

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Exceptional product and reliable. No issues here with mine and disappointed I went quarq on my roadie. Should switch it out but too cheap.

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply
Re: Power2max Power meter [theyellowcarguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be fair, I've had a couple of quarq meters as well and they lined up just fine with my p2m meters. In this day and age I'd say they're both pretty good
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve had 2 for at least 8 years now and no dramas at all so any later models will be more advanced. I wanted to trial shorter cranks so went rotor like you getting as short as 150 but they certainly weren’t me optimal length.
Quote Reply

Prev Next