Re: Quintanaroo V-PRi [Lehrn2Lose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is one good looking bike!

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Went straight to the fit numbers. Max of 566mm back of pad reach on the large frame with standard pads. Not too bad for a "large" bike. Toss some actual super extensions on there and this is definitely one of the better fitting bikes out there. Really does look good overall, but that's absurdly expensive for a brand that has never exactly gone for the ultra premium customer base. Unfortunate they don't offer any trickle down builds for it, but I guess it would be embarrassing to have a force specced bike for over $10k.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Quintanaroo V-PRi [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Went straight to the fit numbers. Max of 566mm back of pad reach on the large frame with standard pads. Not too bad for a "large" bike. Toss some actual super extensions on there and this is definitely one of the better fitting bikes out there. Really does look good overall, but that's absurdly expensive for a brand that has never exactly gone for the ultra premium customer base. Unfortunate they don't offer any trickle down builds for it, but I guess it would be embarrassing to have a force specced bike for over $10k.

Yeah - I LOVE what they did here - my biggest hang up has been the fork on the VPR and PR-6 before that (mostly aesthetically if I am honest) and this would be front of the list for me...except for that pricetag. I'll give it some time - I do OK on my 2014 P2 with 105 mechanical haha.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Quintanaroo V-PRi [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
realbdeal wrote:

Yeah - I LOVE what they did here - my biggest hang up has been the fork on the VPR and PR-6 before that (mostly aesthetically if I am honest) and this would be front of the list for me...except for that pricetag. I'll give it some time - I do OK on my 2014 P2 with 105 mechanical haha.
Also, for anyone keeping track, we're now 19.3 watts faster than a Cervelo P5. QR aerodynamicists have really discovered the secret formula!

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess the official launch is tomorrow?
Last edited by: Herbie Hancock: Jan 24, 24 13:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When the V-PR came out I thought the skinny front fork was more aero? This bike seems to really borrow front end design cues from Canyon, which a lot of pros seem to be choosing on their own.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintanaroo V-PRi [] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No XL option (for now). Hmmm.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Quintanaroo V-PRi [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, launch was a bit weird -- not official till today, but I got a team email about it on Tuesday.

It's definitely a halo bike, at least for now.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Quintanaroo V-PRi [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
Yeah, launch was a bit weird -- not official till today, but I got a team email about it on Tuesday.

It's definitely a halo bike, at least for now.

I knew the bike was going live yesterday and posted a thread here and our internal at QR asked me to take it down. Because of limited inventory they wanted to give their team partners an opportunity to buy the bike before it went out to the world, which was nice. We shared that with all out Team Zoot members yesterday and QR sent all of our folks an e-mail as well. I know two of my fellow Team Zoot Captains took advantage of that.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Last edited by: Bryancd: Jan 25, 24 11:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That`s not a price tag I would expect from QR. It´s a pity.

For now, the now "overweighted" PR6 stays with me.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintanaroo V-PRi [Osciozo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Osciozo wrote:

My assumption is they priced it this way knowing that most of their bikes are sold on club discounts and periodic website sales.

I am a fan of the quick disconnects in the aero extensions to make transport nice. If I was going to spend 9-10k on a bike, not including fancy wheel upgrades, I still feel like I'd lean towards a Canyon assuming they have availability.

Does anyone who knows about both bikes have some input into why either is better?

In terms of aero, I'm not super stressed about the best case scenario savings of 5 watts. I want real on road feel (light, stiff), easy and reliability of storage and useability to take apart and travel with.

My previous prsix2 had the back sail/box break a few times (cheap adapter plastic), crummy lid, that I just stopped using it altogether. What's the real world experience like with the bike's features?
Last edited by: Lurker4: Jan 25, 24 11:15
Quote Reply
Re: Quintanaroo V-PRi [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lurker4 wrote:
My previous prsix2 had the back sail/box break a few times (cheap adapter plastic), crummy lid, that I just stopped using it altogether. What's the real world experience like with the bike's features?
I have had an xpr for about a year. Its my only bike so I ride it alot. No issues with the xpr lid coming loose or it the box or mount breaking.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo V-PRi [Lehrn2Lose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did the Trinity and Speed Concept have a baby? Also, at the premium cost we lose the ability to pick our frame color, why? QR, you are making it hard to want to spend money with you!

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Jan 25, 24 18:40
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo V-PRi [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The launch spec of their bikes has usually had limited colorways, with more shortly down the road.

Also note that if you’re a weight weenie, you have to go with Stealth paint to keep the grams down.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Osciozo wrote:

True; not sure why anyone would pick this bike at that price over some IMO far better bikes. I guess "Team Discounts" talk in that people feel they are getting something for a lower price when QR discounts everything. I feel is there's always a "discount", it's already overpriced.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo V-PRi [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
The launch spec of their bikes has usually had limited colorways, with more shortly down the road.

Also note that if you’re a weight weenie, you have to go with Stealth paint to keep the grams down.

I haven't been under 185lbs since the 6th grade...so not worried about my bike!

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Osciozo wrote:

Yes but if you compare specs to the VPR I think it’s probably a better value.

I don’t know pricing on everything out there…..What other bikes with comparable integration and components offer better value?
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Jan 27, 24 8:18
Quote Reply
Re: Quintanaroo V-PRi [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Th4ddy wrote:
When the V-PR came out I thought the skinny front fork was more aero? This bike seems to really borrow front end design cues from Canyon, which a lot of pros seem to be choosing on their own.

I believe the conventional fork wisdom was either skinny and wide from the wheel or wide and closer to the wheel. I wonder in their aero test comparing the previous V-PR to the "i" is the old bike had the Aeria front hydration system set up. I believe it tested faster with that than without.

Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Quintanaroo V-PRi [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just priced out the VPR with dura-ace, power, upgraded wheels, and ceramicspeed stuff, and you are correct: the price difference was negligible, and the wheels were still a little better. I did the same the the XPR, and though you can only get as high as Ultegra, there is “value” if you were planning to buy those fancy components.

Most of the full bike price differences come down to the parts they offer on each. This will be interesting if/when they offer the V-PRi as a frameset and you can build it up with 105 or rival.

As far as what people are comparing it to, at $13k, you’re in the ballpark of anything else out there. I’m guessing that for integration, the speed concept and Canyon are in people’s head. For speed/aero, the P5 is always the consensus pick.

For me, if I won the lottery and needed to buy a top end bike, this and the speed concept would be top on the list. I think this would win: better extensions, more and easier storage for the flat kit, plus the drink bladder. That being said, I am still riding a 14-year old Cannondale Slice, so I’m not all that qualified to review superbikes!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Osciozo wrote:

That's what brands do. Remember when the Hyundai Sonata was 4995? Got them into the market.

Currently, QR is one of 4 major brands that take triathlon seriously. They should have a high end bike for high end triathletes. From an X-PR in the 3s to the V-PRi on the high end, I really like their lineup. My only complaint is the incomplete size run. 3 molds do not a model make, regardless of the adjustability.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintanaroo V-PRi [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great points.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintanaroo V-PRi [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's basically a 50, 52, and a 56 in PR-series speak.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a renaming to numbering instead of t-shirt sizing when they add the "missing" size in.

Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo V-PRi [Lehrn2Lose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love bike companies...
Literally just built a VPR from the ground up with my amazing LBS here in MPLS, we pretty much built what they created

Frame and base bars are really all that we used from QR
We did Force AXS before the offered it, then they offered it
WattShop Extensions with integrated wireless blip handles
HED Vanquish 8's front and rear + rear disc for race day
All the Ceramic Speed: BB, OSPW, wheel hubs

Brought it home like 2 weeks ago... then they announce this one.
I guess honestly, the only thing that bums me out is the fork.
I asked them if it's backwards compatible, they say no, but I wonder...
If the fork steerer tube length is long enough and angle is right?

They can keep all the integrated hydration stuff honestly, I'm super happy with having it out front.
And I'm not seeing integrated frame nutrition that can hold nearly enough for mid or long course races.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo V-PRi [MJGuswiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MJGuswiler wrote:
I love bike companies...
Literally just built a VPR from the ground up with my amazing LBS here in MPLS, we pretty much built what they created

Brought it home like 2 weeks ago... then they announce this one.
I guess honestly, the only thing that bums me out is the fork.
I asked them if it's backwards compatible, they say no, but I wonder...
If the fork steerer tube length is long enough and angle is right?

They can keep all the integrated hydration stuff honestly, I'm super happy with having it out front.
And I'm not seeing integrated frame nutrition that can hold nearly enough for mid or long course races.

I also asked about swapping out that front fork on my V-PR. :) And I agree, I like the Aeria, a lot. It holds 30oz and is super easy to refill on the fly. Also I was told the V-PR tested faster with the Aeria then without, so it makes me wonder when they say this new frame is 5 watts faster did they test without an Aeria or with. The top tube storage being made of a soft material allows me to stuff like 6 gels in there. That said I’m totally getting this frame and bar set up as soon as it’s available as a standalone purchase. :)

Team ZOOT
Last edited by: Bryancd: Jan 30, 24 12:53
Quote Reply