Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Raising base bar or just elbow pads/extensions
Quote | Reply
I’m adjusting a fit and have the option of moving stem shims to move the base bar and entire assemble up or using shims to lift just the elbow pads and extensions. Is there any difference or advantage to either one given the end result is the same thing?

"trashlete20" for 20% off Peak NA Cocktails for Recovery
Youtube
Last edited by: csb146: Mar 18, 24 9:28
Quote Reply
Re: Raising base bar or just elbow pads/extensions [csb146] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
csb146 wrote:
I’m adjusting a fit and have the option of moving stem shims to move the base bar and entire assemble up or using shims to lift just the elbow pads and extensions. Is there any difference or advantage to either one given the end result is the same thing?

yes. The faster you are, and that speed varies from individual to individual the more separation you want between base bar and elbow pads. You probably want 40-50mm. The slower you are the less separation you want and the larger of an aerodynamically shaped headtube.

My educated guess is that speed breakpoint in somewhere around 40-48 kph and will vary for each person based on the conditions of the day

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Raising base bar or just elbow pads/extensions [csb146] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you fit spacers under the stem you’re also moving the whole basebar nearer to you and shortening reach due to the approx 72-74 degree angle of the steerer.
Spacers under extensions your moving up vertically so no shortening of reach.
Quote Reply