Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I'm being a Wellesley girl on Monday. Who else is running/spectating at Boston; when will you be at the expo; critique my sign ideas [frenchfried] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I donā€™t think I will get back there Sunday else would say hi. I saw their booth today!

Report from my day:
-Was in line for 11 am opening. It got busy quickly. Fri opening is the time to be there IMO!
- first stop was historical exhibits to see Desā€™ jacket, which was on display in the Adidas Run Base before they turned that into a regular store. I cried when I saw the jacket the first time and I cried again today. It was just such a generous gift on her part. Idk how she parted with that. Joanā€™s singlet is also neat so see (I am a Mainer)
- got free samples, and a cowbell. Got to make a ā€œmore cowbellā€ joke when they ran out (they only give out so many per half hour). Got pinned against the counter at the Bank of America booth after getting cowbell, by people who did not yet have bell. Laughed :)
- got asked lots if I was running. Rather enjoyed ā€œjust here to kiss peopleā€ as said response appeared to be highly appreciated
-thanked volunteers
-went to memorials, as had brought carnations. Memorials fenced off and had potted daffodils. Stuck my carnations through fencing. Cried more.
- went to marathon sports, tried on a few things, admired legs in mirror, didnā€™t buy anything (will be on sale post race)
- went to Lindt store (more free sample!)
- went to prudential center as if you spend $25 in there you can get parking validated and spend less money on parking. Bought Motherā€™s Day gift and bday present for sibling

Headed to mystic now. Overall a really soul-filling day.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: I'm being a Wellesley girl on Monday. Who else is running/spectating at Boston; when will you be at the expo; critique my sign ideas [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Mark - the expo today was great. ā€œThis ainā€™t no Tea Partyā€ sign is a good one!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm being a Wellesley girl on Monday. Who else is running/spectating at Boston; when will you be at the expo; critique my sign ideas [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
I donā€™t think I will get back there Sunday else would say hi. I saw their booth today!

Report from my day:
-Was in line for 11 am opening. It got busy quickly. Fri opening is the time to be there IMO!
- first stop was historical exhibits to see Desā€™ jacket, which was on display in the Adidas Run Base before they turned that into a regular store. I cried when I saw the jacket the first time and I cried again today. It was just such a generous gift on her part. Idk how she parted with that. Joanā€™s singlet is also neat so see (I am a Mainer)
- got free samples, and a cowbell. Got to make a ā€œmore cowbellā€ joke when they ran out (they only give out so many per half hour). Got pinned against the counter at the Bank of America booth after getting cowbell, by people who did not yet have bell. Laughed :)
- got asked lots if I was running. Rather enjoyed ā€œjust here to kiss peopleā€ as said response appeared to be highly appreciated
-thanked volunteers
-went to memorials, as had brought carnations. Memorials fenced off and had potted daffodils. Stuck my carnations through fencing. Cried more.
- went to marathon sports, tried on a few things, admired legs in mirror, didnā€™t buy anything (will be on sale post race)
- went to Lindt store (more free sample!)
- went to prudential center as if you spend $25 in there you can get parking validated and spend less money on parking. Bought Motherā€™s Day gift and bday present for sibling

Headed to mystic now. Overall a really soul-filling day.

šŸ˜Š

I only swim.
I used to run. (31:09 10k)
I never did Triathlon.
Sue me.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm being a Wellesley girl on Monday. Who else is running/spectating at Boston; when will you be at the expo; critique my sign ideas [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've usually disliked the "you look good" type sayings and signs. If anyone knew me they would generally know I feel like shit and don't look good in a race.
For a solo century a friend came by with a sign "You look like shit, you're not gonna make it". I liked it a lot.
At some races my friends and I will tell runners to give up because the Kenyan already won.
If people are thirsty, I hope there is beer near mile 21 or so.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm being a Wellesley girl on Monday. Who else is running/spectating at Boston; when will you be at the expo; critique my sign ideas [Rumpled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The Slowest Runner gets the Coldest Beer"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year, at the P'tit Train du Nord race (which runs through a lot of forested area and has several aid stations, but not every 5km), a woman held a sign: "I have toilet paper".

May not be as applicable in an urban environment :-)

run well, run happy
george
Quote Reply
Re: I'm being a Wellesley girl on Monday. Who else is running/spectating at Boston; when will you be at the expo; critique my sign ideas [georgereid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
georgereid wrote:
Last year, at the P'tit Train du Nord race (which runs through a lot of forested area and has several aid stations, but not every 5km), a woman held a sign: "I have toilet paper".

May not be as applicable in an urban environment :-)

run well, run happy
george

Off topic, I really want to do that marathon! Was registered for it this past year but didn't work out schedule-wise. We love heading to Tremblant, and that looks like a nice fast race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Some people don't like dark humour...

People who don't like dark humor and not very bright. ;-))
Quote Reply
Re: I'm being a Wellesley girl on Monday. Who else is running/spectating at Boston; when will you be at the expo; critique my sign ideas [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
"The Slowest Runner gets the Coldest Beer"

Nice!

Quote Reply
Re: I'm being a Wellesley girl on Monday. Who else is running/spectating at Boston; when will you be at the expo; critique my sign ideas [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FatandSlow wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Some people don't like dark humour...

People who don't like dark humor and not very bright. ;-))

Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it.

(Picked that one up in the LR)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My favorite chalk sign of all time was found on the bike course at the Lake Placid Ironman. Near the top of a rather decent incline, about mid-way through the course, someone wrote, 'This is not a hill.'

Not sure that will work if you are around the 13 mile mark at Boston.

Maybe at that part of the course a good sign would be, Remember to start out slow on the downhill.

A good friend would always yell, Slow down and eat more! Get your money's worth!

Depending how dark you want to go you could complete the following sentence, for $250 you could have ________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck & have fun, today!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about something instructional like

"Dont forget to eat"

That saved me once in an IM when I wasnt thinking clearly due to lack of fueling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Before it became an obvious real possibility, I liked the line from American Flyers: ā€œCā€™mon, DIE or DO SOMETHING!ā€ Probably too dark now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://dumbrunner.com/...t-to-make-first-move

Quote:
The unidentified runner, a male in his twenties or early thirties, has been lingering at the Scream Tunnel for at least 10 minutes, sources said, rubbing the back of his neck and glancing at a nearby student.

ā€œHeā€™s been, like, untying and retying his shoes and stretching and stuff,ā€ said the source, ā€œbut also trying to make eye contact with this certain person, smiling at her and stuff.ā€

ā€œMeanwhile, about 300 runners have passed by him,ā€ the source added. ā€œI donā€™t know if this guy has a time goal today, but if he does, heā€™s really blowing it.ā€

I'm sure it's Dr. Tigerchik he's looking at

Quote Reply
Re: I'm being a Wellesley girl on Monday. Who else is running/spectating at Boston; when will you be at the expo; critique my sign ideas [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a great time! Got lots of kisses on my lips and cheeks and blew even more kisses and caught the ones blown back to me. Grateful to be out there smiling and making others smile!

Quote Reply
Re: I'm being a Wellesley girl on Monday. Who else is running/spectating at Boston; when will you be at the expo; critique my sign ideas [roubaixman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I wonā€™t use ā€œdieā€ in Boston. Or any race bc it does happen. Years ago I can see how that would have been funny though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
shy runner waits for Wellesley girl to make first move

Lol
Youā€™re sweet !

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Yeah I wonā€™t use ā€œdieā€ in Boston. Or any race bc it does happen. Years ago I can see how that would have been funny though.

Also, today is the 11th anniversary of the bombing

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also, today is the 11th anniversary of the bombing

Exactly.

I put flowers on the memorials on Friday - added mine to the ones already there.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just saw this today -- awesome! Ran my first Boston today, and the Wellesley tunnel was absolutely one of highlights.

I didn't stop (going for and got my PR), but threw lots of shakas as I ran through there.

Cheers!
(Edit: typos)
Last edited by: Kula: Apr 17, 24 7:08
Quote Reply
Re: I'm being a Wellesley girl on Monday. Who else is running/spectating at Boston; when will you be at the expo; critique my sign ideas [Kula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats on the PR!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://dumbrunner.com/...ll-screaming-at-road

ā€œWeā€™re worried about her,ā€ said Sidney Prescott, a fellow Wellesley student and close friend of Becker. ā€œWeā€™ve tried a few times to talk to her, to coax her away, but nothing works. Itā€™s scary.ā€

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL

there's also one "shy male runner waits for Wellesley girl to make first move"

thanks for thinking of me!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too was trying to get goal time and only slowed to hi five a few of the girls, but what a joy it was going through that section. After doing London last year (where it was insane from start to finish), the crowds early in this race were rather scant at times and girls of Wellesley were a welcome respite to a lot of quiet time.

Next time I do the race, I will definitely slow down in this section!

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply

Prev Next