Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [IronManny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronManny wrote:
Fresh79 wrote:
I sent mine back as they’re not compatible with mechanical unless you want to drill holes into the extensions
is drilling holes by yourself the proposed solution ?
or is it just wrong that internal cable routing with mechanical shifters work

That was the solution proposed to me by the distributor in Australia when I raised the issue with them. My LBS also could not see an alternative without drilling holes unless you want to run the cables outside of the extensions (on the underside)… but why should you on a top tier set of aero bars?
On top of that, the mech cables need to come out of the extensions and out of the space where the arm pads sit. There are grooves for Di2 electronic cables to neatly sit, but the mech cables are thick and less flexible that electronic cables…
Quote Reply
Post deleted by culpritbicycles [ In reply to ]
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [IronManny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The TFE extension internal routing is not compatible with mechanical shifters. We never recommend drilling holes in your extensions. The grips are designed to be trim to fit riders hands and so we did not add a cable routing hole as that would limit the ability to trim the grip.
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
culpritbicycles wrote:
Wait on culprit pre order

Mechanical or di2 ready

I see you on here and on different Facebook groups for the last 1-2 years saying this. When will they be available for pre-order!? lmao
Quote Reply
Post deleted by culpritbicycles [ In reply to ]
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best of luck with the launch! It looks like a great cockpit
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [Kevin@VisionUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, do you know if these extensions are compatible with stock base bar of Argon e119+ ? ( the non disc brake one, the older)

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [Circuitin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello. They are not. We do not have an Argon adapter at this time.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [thetrickster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Richard,
Can you send me the file for the adapter you made? I love the bars but the stack height is driving me crazy. I have a buddy that will likely make it out of aluminum if I could get the dimensions and offer to send you a set if I get them made.

I’m riding my road bike with these for IM World’s in France.

Thanks,
John
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [Tanker18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM Sent with the files. :)

Yes the stack is crazy with the included adaptors and spacers.

Regards, Richard
3D Bits and Pieces - https://www.printables.com/@thetrickster_793480
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kevin@VisionUSA wrote:
This is a special order only item. It is not something we will stock in large qty's. You can contact our Sales team at 425-488-8653 and they would be able to help you with the ordering process and ETA.

I tried calling but they were not able to give me an ETA nor a price :-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And what would be the simpliest way to install them on the argon? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [Circuitin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At this time we do not have a good way to install them on on Argon bike.
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [cabdoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Current price is $3,290.00 and please email Steven@fullspeedahead.com. He is our Sales manager and can help you with the process. These are a special order only so please understand he will not have an ETA till the order is placed and production times are evaluated. We will not stock this product and only make them once we have an order.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kevin@VisionUSA wrote:
Current price is $3,290.00 and please email Steven@fullspeedahead.com. He is our Sales manager and can help you with the process. These are a special order only so please understand he will not have an ETA till the order is placed and production times are evaluated. We will not stock this product and only make them once we have an order.

GOD DAMN! I think I'd go custom at that point xD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First off, I wanted to thank Richard for the models to 3D print the adapter and the bottle cage holder. I also want to the Peter at Promptprototypes for making me aluminum versions with threads. Much better set up for me as I plan on using at Worlds in a few weeks.
Last edited by: Tanker18: Aug 24, 23 6:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tanker18 wrote:
First off, I wanted to thank Richard for the models to 3D print the adapter and the bottle cage holder.

Looks epic in metal. Nice one.
Good luck in the race!!

Regards, Richard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice !

Now if only there was the same for a Giant Trinity (sigh)...
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [nagnew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question to people that have been using the extensions.

I finally got these with the P5 adaptor and installed it on my bike and it feels like the back part of the pad area is curving downwards.
> If I just put my elbow on the back part of the pad, my forearms are angled up and my palms reach the top of handles (i.e. the front of the aerobars).
> If I push my forearms down to be parallel to the aerobars, I can hold the handle, but my elbow is about a cm above the pad and its very uncomfortable.

Is this just me? would be great to get other's experience. I even tested putting more padding on the back end of the pad to support the elbow.
Pics below to illustrate, thanks.

Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [DoronG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
according to vision, your elbow should be off the back of the pad with your forearm taking the weight - their view is that you don't want weight on the bony elbow joint, rather on the soft muscle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DoronG wrote:

I finally got these with the P5 adaptor and installed it on my bike and it feels like the back part of the pad area is curving downwards.
> If I just put my elbow on the back part of the pad, my forearms are angled up and my palms reach the top of handles (i.e. the front of the aerobars).
> If I push my forearms down to be parallel to the aerobars, I can hold the handle, but my elbow is about a cm above the pad and its very uncomfortable.

Is this just me? would be great to get other's experience. I even tested putting more padding on the back end of the pad to support the elbow.

Alas this was my issue too - I ordered according to the Vision sizing guide the Mediums for my arms - but suffered the same issue as you - so ended up ordering the Large (yes a very expensive exercise....)
the mediums are on my indoor bike, so not all lost.

If you can, go a size up.

Regards, Richard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kevin@VisionUSA wrote:
At this time we do not have a good way to install them on on Argon bike.

@Kevin@VisionUSA - Is there an adaptor for the Profile Design Aeria Evo?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thetrickster wrote:
DoronG wrote:

Alas this was my issue too - I ordered according to the Vision sizing guide the Mediums for my arms - but suffered the same issue as you - so ended up ordering the Large (yes a very expensive exercise....)
the mediums are on my indoor bike, so not all lost.

If you can, go a size up.

This is already XL (tried L and it was too short), and I don't think my arms are that long. I guess it's just the design as was mentioned above.
I'll just add padding under the elbow, its very uncomfortable for me to put the weight on the forearm above it and leave the elbow hanging.

Thanks for the replies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps the CeeGee's could help?

https://ceegees.com/...e-extended-arm-pads/
Quote Reply
Re: New Vision Metron TFE Extensions [jeyps11_c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At this time we have no adapters for Profile Designs bars.
Quote Reply

Prev Next