Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Slowtwitch member's missing son
Quote | Reply
Dan has implemented a sticky function and has asked me to start a new thread on my missing son, Paul Shuman-Moore. This should stay at the top without bumping, which I have really appreciated. I can’t tell you the boost I got seeing what Slowtwitch members were doing to keep the original thread visible.

Paul disappeared from Grinnell College on the morning of September 25, 2006, leaving behind a suicide note that was vague enough that he may not have intended it. An extensive search found nothing and interviews with everyone who contacted him hasn't given us a hint as to what he did or where he went. Up until the last moment, he was making plans with friends for the next few days. We’re currently operating on the assumption that he needed to get away and unfortunately did it in a very, shall we say, inconsiderate way.

Given the complete lack of clues, he could be anywhere. The possibilities range from the familiar – our home town Chicago, or some other large city where he could listen to free jazz and the experimental music he loves, to a remote location where he can get away from everything. We’ve done our best to check out the former. But if he did the latter, it’s a big country.

Today is Thanksgiving and tomorrow he will have been missing for two months without any decent sighting since the first day he was missing. On its face, it’s not much of a holiday for us. But my wife and I can be thankful for everything else we have in our lives, plus the countless friends and strangers that have showed us kindness, assisted in the search and helped support us through this ordeal. Most importantly, we can be thankful that we still have hope.

I’ll post updates as they occur.

Steve Moore
Our web site for Paul: http://users.rcn.com/shumanmo
Last edited by: shumanmo: Nov 23, 06 6:11
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch member's missing son [shumanmo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish the best for you and your family. I've been thinking about you and I hope things go well and you can find him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family and for the safe return of your son.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I must be right because everyone else is "On My Left"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll keep your family in my prayers this Holiday season. Just keep doing the next right thing and you'll get to where you're supposed to be.

"Outwork your talent." Kevin McHale
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep upi the faith. My brother died on Thanksgiving day and I know the pain one feels today but remember how much you love him and how much support you have from many places and many people!! My prayers are with you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve
My wife and I will keep your family in our thoughts. Try to hang in there.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve, we wish you and your family the best. Maybe between now and Xmas, he'll come around and return home, which would be the ultimate Xmas gift. Are thoughts are with you!

sincerely

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thoughts and prayers are with you...

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's keep the pictures in the thread:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I must admit, I have struggled with what to say. Unfortunately for us all, life has its way of dealing hard blows along the way. Do your best to take the current situation in stride, hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst. Today is a good day to count your blessings, rememeber good times and try to have a Happy Thanksgiving...
Last edited by: DFL: Nov 23, 06 12:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve - my only hope and prayer for you and your family is a safe outcome out of all this- stay strong and hopeful. Blessing to you and your family.

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve, keep the faith and hang in there. He's gotta be somewhere. I'm living in Japan so I doubt I'll ever come across him here, but you never know.. Our thoughts and prayers are with you...

Ken
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As the father of two sons, my heart goes out to you. May you find your son healthy and whole, soon.

Spot

Quote | Reply
Sympathy, and best wishes for your family from another father. I hope all the support here eases your pain, even if it's just 1% better for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumping the previous thread was my only contribution. The best I can do now is to encourage you to stay positive. I will do the same.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve, you and your wife are in my thoughts. I hope Paul comes home to you soon.

I've shown his photos to my friends and family here on Oahu.

RR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to see this is a sticky now, but obviously not glad for the reason that is so.

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family and very much hoping for a safe return of your son.

Hang in there...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am going to be driving from the Chicago area to Omaha again next weekend...where can I print fliers? I will put them up at every exit. I pass Grinell on my way.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch member's missing son [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reply to: I am going to be driving from the Chicago area to Omaha again next weekend...where can I print fliers? I will put them up at every exit. I pass Grinell on my way.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Chip
That's a really nice thing to do.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chip,

I haven't read every post in this thread, but has anyone posted his pictures in Wal-Marts?

I ask because this weekend I went to a new Super Wal-Mart, and in the lobby they had a wall of missing children/people. Given the number of variety people that frequent Wal-mart, it would seem to be a very good place to draw attention to his missing.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can get posters off our web site - http://users.rcn.com/shumanmo/. The link to the one you want is http://users.rcn.com/...generic%20poster.pdf

I put up posters at rest stops and truck stops on the way back home after I had spent two weeks helping in the search - but those are long gone. My first thought is that it's too late because by now he's long gone from Iowa or Illinois. But the more I think of it, the target is any trucker or person who might see a hitchhiker anywhere in the country. Thanks for the help.

Steve

In Reply To:
I am going to be driving from the Chicago area to Omaha again next weekend...where can I print fliers? I will put them up at every exit. I pass Grinell on my way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will get them into the truck stop at I80 near Iowa City. It is the largest and busiest in the country (as according to their sign's).

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in Wal-mart again today and they have a sign posted that states that since 1996, there have been almost 7,000 missing persons found (as a result of someone seeing the photo in a Wal-Mart).

I'm going back tomorrow and will hang a poster. Thanks for the link to the pdf poster.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You and he continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Re: Slowtwitch member's missing son [CrashingGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply

Prev Next