Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Specialized Sitero triathlon saddle
Quote | Reply
So Specialized let out the details on their new triathlon saddle. Here are pics and an interview with the product manager Nick Gosseen.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...o_unveiled_3481.html

Let me know if you have further questions. I have a Pro model in my hands, well, on my bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Sitero triathlon saddle [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How does the width compare to the adamo road?

Also do you know what the price would be?

Edit: according to bikeradar it will be $175 for the expert and $225 for the pro.

Last edited by: ktj: Mar 24, 13 14:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed...what's the comparison to the Adamo as far as the width is concerned? If someone (me) finds the Adamo a touch too wide, is this a viable option? Looking at the specs of the saddle it seems that it might be wider than the Adamo at the front?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Sitero triathlon saddle [rss31778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I added a comparison shot to the feature and it shows the Sitero nose to nose with the ISM Road
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for posting that comparison shot. It looks like the Sitero might be wider where you sit on it compared to the Adamo? So, would it be fair to say those that chafe with Adamo saddles might not be able to use this as an alternative?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I doubt it actually. Plus the very slippery side material is awesome and very slippery
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice design. Love in the integrated single bottle holder. Not UCI legal... but great for triathlon.
Is it an extra cost, or does it come with the saddle?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Sitero triathlon saddle [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well it is all modular and can be removed. I think it comes with the parts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see one of these in my future ... I like the fact that it's wider as you move back compared to the Adamo (my biggest complaint about the Adamo).

Any word on cost and price point options like on their other saddles?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Sitero triathlon saddle [Wookiebiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wookiebiker wrote:
I see one of these in my future ... I like the fact that it's wider as you move back compared to the Adamo (my biggest complaint about the Adamo).

According to bikeradar it is 175 for the expert and 225 for the pro.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rss31778 wrote:
Thank you for posting that comparison shot. It looks like the Sitero might be wider where you sit on it compared to the Adamo? So, would it be fair to say those that chafe with Adamo saddles might not be able to use this as an alternative?

Actually, by my eyeball, the start of the perforated section (where the product manager says you are intended to sit) is about the same width as the first 2-3" of the Adamo (where you are intended to sit, but most who complain about the width do not...they sit further back..and probably not as rotated forward as they should).

My suspicion is that the complaints about the "nose" being too wide will be less with this saddle though, for the simple reason that extending the "nose" forward and making it narrower merely fits folks pre-assumptions about where they are supposed to sit on the saddle :-/ This is sort of the same concept as the more recent ISM offerings. Of course, as the product manager pointed out, if someone tries using that saddle with a position that's not rotated forward enough, they probably aren't going to be liking it anyway (same as the Adamos).

I thought the comments about it NOT being a road saddle where interesting...what if you have an aero (i.e. rotated forward) road position? ;-) IME, this sort of saddle works better than a "traditional saddle" in that case. For example, when you're riding the drops a LOT (read "crit") this sort of saddle is a LOT more comfortable than a typical road saddle with a solid nose.

Herbert...was there any pricing info? Oh...and I didn't think that putting a carbon railed saddle in the Cervelo seatpost head was "kosher" ;-) You might want to go with the Expert model.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert, I like you have the trusty Arione and have been fairly happy with it. My issue with the split nose design is that I feel like I'm sitting on a couple of rails. The Sitero looks like it flares from the nose aft so it may correct this issue for me. Is that what you have found? Or how has it improved for you on the Arione? Thanks...
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Sitero triathlon saddle [ktj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ktj wrote:
Wookiebiker wrote:

According to bikeradar it is 175 for the expert and 225 for the pro.

175 isnt bad at all I wonder what the weight difference is
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Sitero triathlon saddle [KoNP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sign me up for the Pro with the Tripod. Can't wait for these to hit the shelves....calling my LBS tomorrow!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did they mention if it would be available in white?

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Sitero triathlon saddle [dseiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just the Expert with the ti rails will be available in white. But also in black.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Sitero triathlon saddle [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait . . . Tom, what are you saying? People buying stuff and not having a clue how to use it? That can't be! :)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
Herbert...was there any pricing info? Oh...and I didn't think that putting a carbon railed saddle in the Cervelo seatpost head was "kosher" ;-) You might want to go with the Expert model.

The Ritchey one bolt head of that post has three different clamping options. A 7x7, an 8x8.5 and a 7x9.6. It came with the 7x7 for the metal railed Arione Tri 2, but I have the 7x9.6 that holds those carbon rails perfectly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome. Looking forward to adding this to my setup.

Nick Handel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, this saddle IS an option for someone that is being indecisive about an Adamo then? Figures it comes out today since I was considering pulling the trigger on a Prologue tomorrow. I guess I'll have another 45 days to wait to hopefully demo this one and continue my hate/hate relationship with my stock Felt saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Sitero triathlon saddle [Fliteline] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have never desired to ride a slit nosed saddle actually and was quite content with the Fizik Arione Tri 2, but I was curious about this one as I figured that I should have at least ridden one to talk about it. My wife has ISM saddles on her bikes but I have been steadily "dating" Fizik saddles on all my bikes with an Antares on my road bike, an Arione on my MTB and a Tundra on my cross bike.

I had a few solid rides on this Sitero saddle and really liked the way it felt. I am not sure how to describe it, but basically I was quickly convinced I wanted to keep it on the bike. I tend to ride slightly nose down, but the product folks at Specialized suggest to keep it level or slightly up, and that is how it sits now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is the photo I took from Matty Whites bike at Ironman Melbourne yesterday.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Sitero triathlon saddle [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you know as a company that you have made it big in an industry when other companies start making products very very similar to yours. I do like the rear water bottle holder though, luckily zip ties can duplicate that it most situations ;)

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Big release for 2014....." I take it he meant 2013?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Sitero triathlon saddle [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wouldn't it be UCI legal if you just didn't attach the bottle?

MLA
Quote Reply

Prev Next