they have been very clear about this for 1 year now

They have not been. https://www.instagram.com/t100triathlon

Show me a single tune in graphic.

It's the same procedure for one year now
I got a few emails in last few days the last one 1 hour before
Explaining where to watch
I can see it on their Facebook too .

you understand this is not ironman ....

all the pto races last year were pay tv in europe.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Miami Predictions [CreativeInkling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CreativeInkling wrote:

Margirier is an animal

Agreed

Really enjoying it, liking the commentary.

The course the only downside, really.

If they were slogging up hills in Switzerland or something like that it would be much better.

Otherwise it's a good race, it's the course that doesn't help.[/quote],.
The thing is,if this was an open course we wouldn't be seeing the slower or lapped riders at all as they would be 5 minutes behind and forgotten. We wouldn't have seen Magnus slowly catching the leaders. We would be seeing maybe five riders for most of the race.

Here we are seeing the entire field for the entire bike ride. Sure,we don't get great scenery but in this case,I knew what this race was about and I will wait for the TdF for scenery as watching three weeks of what is mostly a large group ride is pretty dull
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Miami Predictions [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asianzone wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
The longer this goes, the less I like this style of racing.

I know it’s early in the year but are all their races design in the same format where it’s 20 loops on the bike?

I do agree it will never appeal to the AG masses but I don’t think they are targeting that audience?

Need loops to limit your broadcast coverage area, but the this track just doesn't provide what's necessary. Going to like a 5 loop course would be great.

Maybe Sonoma would work? Could/would they do the swim in San Pablo Bay? But it's still gonna be like 15 loops but at least there's 12 turns on it.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Miami Predictions [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does DNF get "points" of the place they quit like 18th or 0 points (assume 0 but worth asking)?

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Miami Predictions [sidelined] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sidelined wrote:
Better than ITU!
It's actually much worse.
No explanation of the course or anything at the start. I really don't see how this can go mainstream.
Much more interesting is ITU and Superleague and relays.

Some simple ideas to make it more viable

-Live speed, power, and hr data. Show hr as a percentage of riders max. $7m purse, you want to race, you allow us to show the data on screen .

-A track map with dots moving around showing where each athlete is in real time

-Seconds +/- between athletes on each lap, highlighting something like Ditlev closing 15 seconds on the last 3 laps, expecting to catch in 2 laps.

-A stretch, but nutrition data. There's a way to figure out what bottles/gels athletes have started with and used so far, give us a calorie count v expenditure for each athlete.

Ultimately what makes this unwatchable is that these athletes are secretive about what they're doing. This event gets a lot more interesting with insights into what's happening in the athletes bodies. None of this stuff is prohibitively expensive.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Miami Predictions [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least there is a professional race broadcaster hosting this thing. But why am I hearing so much Jack Kelly?

Quote Reply
Re: T100 Miami Predictions [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mathematics wrote:
sidelined wrote:
Better than ITU!
No explanation of the course or anything at the start. I really don't see how this can go mainstream.

-Live speed, power, and hr data. Show hr as a percentage of riders max. $7m purse, you want to race, you allow us to show the data on screen .

-Seconds +/- between athletes on each lap, highlighting something like Ditlev closing 15 seconds on the last 3 laps, expecting to catch in 2 laps.

-A stretch, but nutrition data. There's a way to figure out what bottles/gels athletes have started with and used so far, give us a calorie count v expenditure for each athlete.

Ultimately what makes this unwatchable is that these athletes are secretive about what they're doing. This event gets a lot more interesting with insights into what's happening in the athletes bodies. None of this stuff is prohibitively expensive.

Just add the top 10 to your tracker and you got exactly that on the map! https://track.rtrt.me/...-MIAMI-2024#/tracker[/url]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
At least there is a professional race broadcaster hosting this thing. But why am I hearing so much Jack Kelly?

Jack Kelly is doing a good job. I think this has been some of the best commentary we’ve had for any middle or long distance race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
asianzone wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

I know it’s early in the year but are all their races design in the same format where it’s 20 loops on the bike?

I do agree it will never appeal to the AG masses but I don’t think they are targeting that audience?

Who are they targeting?

Because to me it seems like their target audience is people who need to take a nap.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Miami Predictions [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

Jack Kelly is doing a good job. I think this has been some of the best commentary we’ve had for any middle or long distance race.

I guess we'll just disagree on him. But also this being a four person booth is a bit too much. Don't need Kelly when you have Jan and Carfrae. But you should probably go to a two person booth and have Jan do it. He sounds pretty decent on this.

Quote Reply
Re: T100 Miami Predictions [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:
asianzone wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

Who are they targeting?

Because to me it seems like their target audience is people who need to take a nap.

thats what most tour de france watchers do nap while watching it .
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Miami Predictions [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
Magnus has something down his kit. I thought that was banned.

Yeh does anyone know about this? USAT rules?

They explained it in the broadcast. Apparently they can put a bottle down their kit if they grab it from an aid station. But they have to use it and then discard it. Magnus hasn’t touched his.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Miami Predictions [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sportstats wrote:
mathematics wrote:
sidelined wrote:
Better than ITU!

Just add the top 10 to your tracker and you got exactly that on the map! https://track.rtrt.me/...-MIAMI-2024#/tracker[/url]

That's awesome! Why on earth is that not on the screen for the broadcast????
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Miami Predictions [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
Adman wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
Magnus has something down his kit. I thought that was banned.

Yeh does anyone know about this? USAT rules?

They explained it in the broadcast. Apparently they can put a bottle down their kit if they grab it from an aid station. But they have to use it and then discard it. Magnus hasn’t touched his.

seems a bit silly - allow them or don't, but "use it then discard it" seems open to interpretation/abuse.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Miami Predictions [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like you can't just stuff it back in if it's empty.

Quote Reply
Re: T100 Miami Predictions [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:
asianzone wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

Who are they targeting?

All T100 races have an AG race too, are they all doing the same course? I don’t think there are many AG out there who would be thrilled about going round and round a race track endlessly?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Seems like you can't just stuff it back in if it's empty.

that's what she said?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not at this event, they are doing some of the track + riding outside of the track area; 2 laps of 30 miles of biking. 265 individiual AG's have registered for the "T100" distance; 34 relay teams (~100 people).

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it just me or does Alistair’s running look not quite as bouncy as it used to? Hope he can pull this off.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Miami Predictions [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
meanwhile in the actual race:
is it finally ali's day? i feel like with him you can't relax until he's well and truly across the line, but at least so far he's almost halfway through the run and has put a minute into the field. run, you magnificent bastard!

Quote Reply
Re: T100 Miami Predictions [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In this heat you are "looking great" until you are bent over on the side of the road all in 30s. So this is far from over imo.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Over the Top refence one of the best B rated Sly movies ever!!!! We've reached peak wtf lol

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
In this heat you are "looking great" until you are bent over on the side of the road all in 30s. So this is far from over imo.

oh, very much agreed. and that tends to be how it rolls with ali - firing on all 6 or just suddenly toast at the side of the road. sadly i don't have video coverage here, so i'm just going by what little i can get from the tracker.

ETA: according to the tracker his pace has slowed the last 3 checkpoints in a row, though to be fair it has yo-yo'd a bit throughout.

Last edited by: iron_mike: Mar 9, 24 12:56
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Miami Predictions [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry that some are having access issues. I registered with T100 and got an email with a link to video. In the US. But I am on a big screen smart TV and YouTube was just easier, so that's what I'm using.

I missed the swim and 1st 2/3 of the bike (out running the dogs...). Shocked about Brownlee. I put him in the 'nearly washed up but still enough juice to collect a T100 payday'. Now, that 2nd part seems to be on point, but not the 1st!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Magnus looking incredibly strong. Ali started to look like he was struggling, but he's still going.

I want nothing more than for Ali to win.
Quote Reply

Prev Next