Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
T100 Singapore men's raceday comments + Livestream link
Quote | Reply
Hey STers, it seems we are one day from the start of T100 Singapore for the men.

From what I see where I live in Canada there will be a youtube livestream here:

men Sunday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyxI6jDPASI

If there are other streams (ex Outside and Eurosport) can you guys put them down?

We can start fresh comments for the men's race here after the women's race is done. This way each gender gets their own focus.
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Apr 13, 24 13:58
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore - Mens Livestream-playback-comments [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll go with Keulen/Noodt/Heemeryck
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore - Mens Livestream-playback-comments [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditlev is out with a broken wrist :( Apparently he high-fived Lionel on the goal line in Oceanside...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aaron Royle was in the Youtube comments for the women's race and he said that there's a chance the swim gets cancelled for the men. Keeping my fingers crossed because there's some good firepower in the swim tomorrow with Josh dropping in for Javi.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore - Mens Livestream-playback-comments [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the reason for the men's swim potential cancellation? Is it water quality? Lionel is probably on a concord to make start line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe I heard the announcers say in the womens race that it could be high temps that can cancel the swim. Which is silly, but apparently they have some arbitrary upper temp that cancels the swim..All the really have to do is let them swim without a cap, there's 4 or 5 degrees right there..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
What is the reason for the men's swim potential cancellation? Is it water quality? Lionel is probably on a concord to make start line.

I'm going to guess temperature. The water temp for the ladies' race was 30.9C, and during the week there were a few days where the water was 31.5C
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore - Mens Livestream-playback-comments [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

I'm going to guess temperature. The water temp for the ladies' race was 30.9C, and during the week there were a few days where the water was 31.5C

That is almost 90F water, but is the water in Singapore not always pretty well in that range. It is right on the equator so they have endless summer in the Singapore sauna !
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Apr 13, 24 14:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

Haha!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Page 39 of 206 of the World Tri Competition Rules:
https://www.triathlon.org/...es_2023_20221122.pdf
31C - 32C = reduce to 750m. Above 32C = cancel swim. Men start one hour later in the day.
I have a 200km later today (1400 SGT - dark) so hope it's a good race: keep the spoilers to this thread!.
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Apr 13, 24 14:36
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore - Mens Livestream-playback-comments [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Haha!

Sam Long could be the big beneficiary especially for season long results should the swim be cancelled. Any news on which way the water temp is going?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

Wasn't the water bad last year? I vaguely remember a bunch of folks getting sick.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore - Mens Livestream-playback-comments [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The water got blamed originally, but in reality it sure seems like everyone just got a bug from Mika Noodt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Jackets wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Haha!

Sam Long could be the big beneficiary especially for season long results should the swim be cancelled. Any news on which way the water temp is going?

Well considering the water temp for the women conveniently measured 30.9, when 31.0 would have led to course changes, I'm guessing it's trending toward getting the result the organizers want.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore men's raceday comments + Livestream link [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thunderstorms scattered all over the island currently. Given that lightening within 13km of any part of the course was the "red line" during the women's race, wondering if the start gets delayed or the race cancelled :(.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore - Mens Livestream-playback-comments [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Jackets wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Haha!

Well considering the water temp for the women conveniently measured 30.9, when 31.0 would have led to course changes, I'm guessing it's trending toward getting the result the organizers want.

It magically settled at 30.9 again today. Who woulda thunk it? Hehe
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore - Mens Livestream-playback-comments [jmsenger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lot of red lights blinking in the front pack.

Using raceranger is senseless without referees giving penalties. Drafting like crazy.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore - Mens Livestream-playback-comments [hafu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hafu wrote:

Using raceranger is senseless without referees giving penalties. Drafting like crazy.

Only person keeping a decent gap is Ali, the rest look proper close

@the.lazy.triathlete

https://www.strava.com/athletes/18691068
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore - Mens Livestream-playback-comments [TLT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TLT wrote:
hafu wrote:

This is an absolute draft fest. Also why is the tracker broken?
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore - Mens Livestream-playback-comments [TLT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TLT wrote:
hafu wrote:

But West's rear ranger unit was blinking red and Ali was just sitting there....
Major draft fest, bit of a joke really....
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore - Mens Livestream-playback-comments [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think they are just continually running into each other on these hills, and they are struggling to avoid it without giving up lots of time. None of them are kicking on enough to split them up.

@the.lazy.triathlete

https://www.strava.com/athletes/18691068
Last edited by: TLT: Apr 14, 24 1:23
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore - Mens Livestream-playback-comments [gusthemuss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frodo and Jack Kelly right now has given correct comments about the draft fest in the front pack. And the motocam often rightbin front of the leader given him motopacing advantage.

T100 has a lot of work to do.
Ironman actually do a better job regarding fair conditions for the pros
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore - Mens Livestream-playback-comments [hafu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hafu wrote:
Frodo and Jack Kelly right now has given correct comments about the draft fest in the front pack. And the motocam often rightbin front of the leader given him motopacing advantage.

T100 has a lot of work to do.
Ironman actually do a better job regarding fair conditions for the pros

Yes, but RR is flawed using distance. It should use time.

20m behind up a 10% hill is way different to 10m on the flat. One is 1s behind the other is 10s behind.

So if you're 20m back going into a hill and hold the same speed as the person in front you'll end up 2m or so back. That's what's happening here.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore - Mens Livestream-playback-comments [CreativeInkling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The rules specify a distance, not a timeframe, for the drafting no-go-zone. Hence Race Ranger is doing its job one would say. With different rules it could be different.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore - Mens Livestream-playback-comments [slow_bob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slow_bob wrote:
The rules specify a distance, not a timeframe, for the drafting no-go-zone. Hence Race Ranger is doing its job one would say. With different rules it could be different.

yep. i think there's a lack of clarity on what exactly race ranger is for. it doesn't replace referees and at the moment they're not even really publishing the red-light data to help other athletes learn who the serial 'red-light riders' are.

it maybe could serve other functions in the future but at the moment it does what it's set up to do.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply

Prev Next