Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri Rig Alpha One
Quote | Reply
I am in need of a new front end for my Giant Trinity Advances TT bike that I use for Triathlon. I am really thinking about going with the tri rig alpha one but am curious about other opions. Anyone have suggestions or is Tri Rig worth the purchase?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Rig Alpha One [El Soloist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got one two years ago and first had it on an old Trek TTX and now on a Felt IA.

I love it. It felt a bit absurd buying an aerobar that was more expensive than my bike at the time, but I tinker and fiddle with position so much that it's been a huge time-saver.

I had a two-pedestal setup before and it would take 15 minutes just to raise or lower the pads a few mms. Now it takes less than 15 seconds. And within a minute or two I can adjust width and reach and tilt as well. Very simple set-up.

My only complaint on my current setup is that the front brake hole where the brake cable comes out is set way too far back so hits the headt ube of my bike when the bars turn, but that's a minor/inconsequential quibble for this particular frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Rig Alpha One [velorunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply. I like to play with my setup also and I want to lower the pads which isn't even an option with my current set up. And I stripped out one of the holes from changing it so much so I think I am going to pull the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another option would be to replace the base bar and extensions separately. I did the Vision Metron TFA base bar, which hid all cables, and then added the AeroCoach extensions on top with their 20 degree adapter that sits on the Vision spacers. WattShop and FastTT also fit that base bar but ultimately I chose AeroCoach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It just works I highly recommend and get with scoops from beginning rather than upgrades.

the only things
- have to be careful not to strip or not maintain the single screw controlling the monopost as that's quite critical if it strips or gets jammed due to sweat
- you can't adjust the stem length it's fixed meaning basebar is set distance everything else is adjustable pretty much and very easily
- if u go with the ultimate scoops which is the most slick make sure u get the right butterfly for that, this is what I would go for if I did it all over again
- you cannot use a vertical drink bottle with the normal scoops of pads set up, maybe possible to bodge something with the ultimate scoops but generally it is pd or xlab or Std horitonal bottle cages and bottle bta, because it is bolted not some stupid velcro system it's way more stable imho
- not cheap but absolutely worth the money in my limited experience I have gently improved my IM position over last 12 months in all of 1min per adjustment, nothing like my old canyon which was 15min and highly limited what you could do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which exact version of the trinity do you have? The Alpha One isn't going to be compatible with them all. Post up a picture here or schedule a call with me through the banner on the home page here if you want to ensure compatibility/get any questions answered.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Rig Alpha One [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I attached a photo of the front end of my Trinity
Last edited by: El Soloist: Mar 29, 24 9:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah yeah you're 100% good to go then. Would be a great fit on that bike. I recently redid my similar era Cervelo p3 and it doesn't get much cleaner.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks amazing. Can you share how you mounted the tririg bottle on your front end?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Rig Alpha One [mkb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah so it's pretty busy up there as it's a combination of this cage extender on the base, the tririg riser between the arms, and these profile design angled spacers for the rear facing bottle. Plus some tape and cloth to temporarily stop a rattling. Please excuse the garage chaos.

Last edited by: realbdeal: Mar 29, 24 9:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That does look clean. I think I am gonna go ahead with it. Any idea how long shipping takes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just sent you a message, but shipping is generally same or next day!

Quote Reply