Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo Kickr and Shimano 12 speed cassette issue
Quote | Reply
I (or actually my wife) just got a new bike (Ventum One Disc if that matters) built with Shimano 9200 (12 speed). When mounting the 11-30 cassette on the Wahoo Shimano free hub (and no spacers are used btw), the cassette lock ring rubs on the inside of the chainstay. What am I doing wrong? I can usually fix anything and everything with the bikes, but this one is throwing me for a loop!

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr and Shimano 12 speed cassette issue [audiojan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which lockring are you using? The one from the 12sp cassette, or the one that came with the Wahoo/was on the wahoo with an 11sp cassette?

Or to say it a different way, make sure you are using the 12sp lockring not an 11sp. If that's what you are doing then sorry, will leave to someone who has a Kickr to help.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr and Shimano 12 speed cassette issue [audiojan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hmm. Strange as the spacing and stackup between an 11-speed cassette and a 12 speed cassette I believe is the same? I mean the Shimano hubs stayed the same.
So maybe the issue is with the thru-axle adapter on the Wahoo not providing the required spacing?

Are you sure you have the Kickr "Drive side spin cap" on?

Otherwise, Wahoo has a newer updated thru-axle kit upgrade, but the reason is to solve fit issues with certain frames - the OD of the adapters are staying smaller for longer on the ends to avoid interference with frames.

https://www.wahoofitness.com/devices/indoor-cycling/parts-components/kickr-thru-axle-kit

https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018850859-Installing-the-updated-KICKR-CORE-142-Thru-Axle-Adapters

...but this is not what you are referring to here. If all the parts are there and you already have the newer kit, maybe add a washer or something to provide clearance?

Sorry, hope one of these sends you in the right path.. Good luck!

---------------------------------
T. Guertin / Spocket
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr and Shimano 12 speed cassette issue [spocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Spocket

I will order the new thru axle adapters just to be safe. I think i'm using the right parts, but this way, at least I KNOW I'm using the right parts. :-)

I was using an 11 speed Campy free hub before (our road bikes are all 11 speed Campy) but the the Shimano freehub body is indeed 11/12 speed so I shouldn't have this issue.

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply