Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who is doing 100x100 next week? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cookies will be there for sure! I also bought a bunch of energy drinks, gatorade, powerbars, cliff bars, and power gel. We will be ready!!!!

:-)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing 100x100 next week? [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup. 12 bucks I think. I'll leave some free passes if there are some extras left. I'm going to get there early to get a run in before the festivities begin...

Jodi

In Reply To:
Thinking that I may drive up there for the fun - any word on passes? $12bucks if not right?
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing 100x100 next week? [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man I can't believe I'll be missing out on this. If there's another for sure count me in. Blow out your shoulders for me!
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing 100x100 next week? [secondwind] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope you have a good excuse!

I'll be sure to take tons of pics. Maybe we'll have another one in the summer.

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All the goodies, but no birthday cake?
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing 100x100 next week? [Raptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm.... good point.

We're going out for Indian food and having a DQ ice cream cake tomorrow night. Might have to make some cupcakes or something for Monday.

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) I will still be there
2) y'all are nuts on the full thing
3) I think there has been a real shift of this thread toward "training" and away from "bday'ing and eating and drinking"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking that we should probably meet at around 9:45 am to be swimming by 10. Want to make sure we can finish the set before we get kicked out!

I'll be there by 9 to get my run in and then meet anyone who is coming when I'm done. I'll bring extra passes!

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Greetings Jodi. You posts always seem to amuse me, if nothing else. We just left Wisconsin (Lake Geneva) where my wife's parents have a 2nd home. Where in Wisconsin did you stay? Will someone ring Cowbells for the swimmers? I know a Timex Multisport teamate of my wife's did a 100x100 a few years back to celebrate her birthday or New Years but she has an Olympic Gold medal. She did them on 1:15-1:30.

http://teamtimex.timexblogs.com/author/melanie-valerio/

I once tried to do 10k in a 25 yard pool but got very bored after about 6,000 yards and said screw it. You should put some studded tires on your bike and go bang out a 100 mile ride Monday on the rural Wisconsin highways. We do this in the Catskills Mountains of NY several times in the winter. Maybe Chip will show up with some of his Lucky 7 designer jeans and put on a ST model show while everyone swims, heck, he can hand out Wisconsin cheese curds poolside.

Peace out!
Last edited by: hammerheadny: Dec 30, 07 16:06
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing 100x100 next week? [hammerheadny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My parents live in Brookfield, just about 20 miles due west of Milwaukee. Lake Geneva is beautiful.

I am pretty sure that I won't be doing my 100's on 1:15, or even 1:30! Surely not if I'm going to do 100. This will be a slow and steady wins the race kind of day. Just keep it nice and easy and try to survive it! Something tells me that fried cheese curds wouldn't be the best swimming fuel. But thinking back to my college days, they sure did make good pool and darts food...

There is a bet going on in my house on whether I will have enough energy for the New Year's Eve festivities. Going up to one of the ski hills for some sledding! I told them as long as I don't have to use my upper body I'm good to go...

Jodi

ps. More Cowbell!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

There is a bet going on in my house on whether I will have enough energy for the New Year's Eve festivities. Going up to one of the ski hills for some sledding! I told them as long as I don't have to use my upper body I'm good to go...

Jodi

ps. More Cowbell!

Don't be so sure. You have to do 60-80 kicking ...

I'm tired already...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love kicking! I hear that the snowhill just got a new "escalator" so that all you really have to do is sit on it and let it take you up the hill, and slide down. Kind of takes the fun out of it if you ask me...

I'm tired already too... but it's from all the food I ate tonight! I am SO carb loaded. My dad will be making the cookies in the morning so they will still be hot and gooey for the swim.

Jodi

ps. Will you be running with me at 9? (said with evil laughter)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ate and drank WAY too much at the Packer game today ... and the tailgate before ... and the tenderloin dad cooked after ... and the carmel corn my sister brought over ... and the Christmas cookies mom made ... and ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So we will both be floating well tomorrow! I had leftover chinese food, Indian for dinner with a b-day treat at the restaurant, then ice cream cake at home. Now I feel like a beached whale! I am hoping the extra fat on my ass will allow for great body positioning in the water...

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be thinking about all of you doing the 100x100 while I am doing only 50x100 in Madison at 6am. Have fun :)

Owner of a few Speed Concepts since 2011.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing 100x100 next week? [ttx_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a feeling I will be mighty jealous when we get to about 75.

Go to The Blue Moon and have a cajun chicken sandwich and some fried cheese curds for me when you're done.

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need to figure out if I want to drive about an hour to swim about three - and then another hour drive home

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We survived! It was way easier and the time went by much faster than I had imagined it. JSA and I made it 100 x 100 and we were joined by ironmayb for the last 50. We had to hustle a bit at the end to get it done before we were kicked out, so it didn't exactly end at a leisurely pace. But we still had the strength left to pose for the camera (We don't have to mention that my arm was violently shaking when the picture was taken...). Just as a disclaimer... my camera has this weird flaw in it- it always adds 10 pounds...

Thanks to Ironmayb for the wonderful lunch and beer after the swim. And to both JSA and ironmayb for bearing with me all morning/afternoon on my insane mission!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's awesome! Congrats and dig into a well-deserved piece(s) of birthday cake!

in HS we used to do 95... 96... 97... 98... x100 on new years eve to correspond to the new year... good times! i never made it to 100 though!
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing 100x100 next week? [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought the 100 x 50 was bad................................congrats.

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job and happy birthday!!

I was thinking about all you crazy people going for 100 when I finished my 30x100 this morning. I couldn't push 1:30's for any more than 30. It was a great idea, and I will build it into an every other week challenge. I gotta hit the 50x100 club :)

Owner of a few Speed Concepts since 2011.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing 100x100 next week? [ttx_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We weren't even in the league of 1:30 sendoffs! We took it nice and steady and mixed it up a bit. I think they both hated my guts when I made them do the dolphin kick set, though...

Happy New Year!

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry I couldn't join you guys jodi....would have been a lot of fun.

Where do you swim in Madtown? Maybe I will see you at the pool....BTW - sweet trainer dungeon :)

Happy New Year,

Blake

-

Professional Triathlete
Owner of Blake Becker Multisport Coaching LLC / Team BBMC
blakebeck@gmail.com
http://www.teambbmc.com
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing 100x100 next week? [Blakebeck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My parents are in Milwaukee, so I swim with JSA whenever I can out in Franklin, and then sometimes at my Bally's in Brookfield. Back when I was in madtown I swam at the UW facilities, but I was a student back then...

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So are you living in Madtown now, or Milwaukee? Do you swim with michael and briana? Two of the nicest (midwest thing:) people that I have met.

BB

Professional Triathlete
Owner of Blake Becker Multisport Coaching LLC / Team BBMC
blakebeck@gmail.com
http://www.teambbmc.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next