Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
100x100- We Made It!!!! (pic)
Quote | Reply
I know it's a big tradition with many swim teams out there. I was thinking of doing at least 50 for my birthday, but might just stretch it out since it will be the last day of the challenge. How do you guys break up your 100's? All free? Some IM and kick sets? How long does it take?

:-)

Jodi
Last edited by: Jodi: Dec 31, 07 14:17
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing 100x100 next week? [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ummm ... You aren't planning on doing that while you are here, are you???Cause, you know I love swimming with you, but, you are on your own on this one... ;-)

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing 100x100 next week? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come on, you know you want to do it!

7am, Monday the 31st at Innovative.

You thought a normal workout made you ravenously hungry, just wait!

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will still be recovering from the Packer game at 7 a.m., but, we'll talk about it tomorrow...

Any Milwaukee area twichers want to join in on the "fun?"

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
reminds me of the time we did 98 x 200's in college on New Year's Eve.....Yuck! I still have nightmares!

Have fun! Be sure to bring adequate food and liquids!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was going to post that real men do it Butterfly but I knew I would get too many replies from Southern California and Hawaii informing me that real men do it Side Stroke! (just so they know they call them the SBS in Britain)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the 107X100 on 1:30 last year and that was enough. My shoulders hurt for three days. 108 just seems...well too f%$#@! much!!
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing 100x100 next week? [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I did the 107X100 on 1:30 last year and that was enough. My shoulders hurt for three days. 108 just seems...well too f%$#@! much!![/reply]

Don't suppose you did that at the Olympic Club?

Jodi... First, it's 108x100. Second, that's meters. Third... good luck!

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am pretty much rock stupid right now, but what is 100 x 100? Use small words I am sure to understand. Diagrams are helpful too.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing 100x100 next week? [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
100 yard swim intervals, 100 times. Then you hope to have someone very nice to pull you out of the pool...

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or roughly 20,000 yards/meters at once or in a week? Holy shit Batman, that's a lot.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing 100x100 next week? [DaveGA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that is just sick...

In Reply To:
reminds me of the time we did 98 x 200's in college on New Year's Eve.....Yuck! I still have nightmares!

Have fun! Be sure to bring adequate food and liquids!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what am I chop liver you two :-)

Yeah I'm still around and up for whatever. I'm off work Monday but it has to be a PM thing for me. I'll buy the margarita's after :-)

[reply]
I will still be recovering from the Packer game at 7 a.m., but, we'll talk about it tomorrow...

Any Milwaukee area twichers want to join in on the "fun?" [/reply]
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing 100x100 next week? [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Innovative closes at 2pm on Monday. Since it will take us 3 hours+ I think we are stuck starting at 10am at the latest. I also have to make sure there isn't a water aerobics class too...

If you want to come down for a swim bike or run this weekend just holler! I'm pretty much free all weekend

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) I'll PM you when I check this weekend
2) so you're sayin' I can just show up for the margarita's on Mon and not have to do the swim.... sweet
3) good pictures of the dogs at Xmas

Jeff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm totally down for margaritas after the swim. And lots of Fuuuuud! After all, it's my birthday!

Jodi

ps. Happy to host an indoor trainer session on Saturday if there is desire for it. I wonder if there is a good place for a trail run. It's my long run day and I'd hate to do it on the Dreadmill!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me do some checking...

JSA chime in here too...

how about a Packer game trainer ride at Transition followed by margarita's at Seesters??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm totally down for margaritas after the swim. And lots of Fuuuuud! After all, it's my birthday!

Jodi

ps. Happy to host an indoor trainer session on Saturday if there is desire for it. I wonder if there is a good place for a trail run. It's my long run day and I'd hate to do it on the Dreadmill!
What city is this supposed to happen in?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crap, I'd be down but I'll be out of town then for New Years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jodi, how old are you?
I thought the birthday swim set was age x 100 on 1:age --- for instance, I turned 20 in April - I did 20 x 100 on 1:20

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

how about a Packer game trainer ride at Transition followed by margarita's at Seesters??

Are they open on Sunday? That could be fun!

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing 100x100 next week? [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Milwaukee
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing 100x100 next week? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be 29. So I'll at least do 29 x 100

Jodi

In Reply To:
Jodi, how old are you?
I thought the birthday swim set was age x 100 on 1:age --- for instance, I turned 20 in April - I did 20 x 100 on 1:20
Quote Reply
Re: Who is doing 100x100 next week? [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to be picky - but that is 10,000 metres (100*100 = 10,000 not 20,000) - a big difference

10,000 should be doable (my average long workout each week is about 5,000), 20,000 might be a bit much.

I have a favorite set 8*25,7*50,6*75,5*100,4*125,3*150,2*175,1*200. In a yards pool I do it on 1:20 (metres, 1:35). I did that set 3 times during my final build to IMLP 2005 - after a 500 w/u and 500 kick. That totalled 10,000 yards.

In university my biggest swim week was 120,000 yards at an insane training camp. We had six hours a day in the water. 7-10 in the morning and 4-7 at night.

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duh, my mistake I don't think they are open Sunday.

Now in terms of Monday, if you can start a little later, it so happens that I have a 2900 swim scheduled so your 29X100 I'm in for; and I'll buy a birthday lunch/drink for you and JSA after. If you two nuts are doing 100X100 I'll join in for a while then hit the treadmill :-).

Gotta watch kids till mid morning and Franklin is a drive for me so late morning. I could just join in if you are starting earlier.

JSA where are you ??
Quote Reply

Prev Next