Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vision Tech bar
Quote | Reply
Building a tri bike and was wondering what the opinion was on the new Vision Tech base bar.. the company describes the the bar as "custom shaped aerodynamic TT bar" I'm use to riding on the Syntace bull horn bar but I like the looks of the
Vision tech bar...
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Tech bar [qrguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stiffer and more aero than your current round bar, but the handholds are definitely smaller.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As Ze Gopha said about the hand grip area, very small. It may also affect your aerobar mounting since the stem clamp area is not very wide. It is a nice bar/brake lever set up, but having said that I am undecided as to how I will build up a secong tri bike later this year. I really liked the simple profile base bar and lever combo at half the price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't like the Vision base bar due to small hand grips. Wish I would of gotten plain of Profile Stoker Bar. The break levers are okay just glad I don't use them a lot. The Vision bar is more looks than function.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I changed from the bull horns to the VT base bar a few months ago and really dig them. I have large hands (i've been able to palm a bball with either hand since 11) and find the handholds smaller but adequate. The profile is definitely more aero from the front as they look like blades. B4 trying them out I was concerned about the reach due to the fact that it appears as if the handholds are further forward but in reality they are actually about 2cm shorter. I got rid of the dia-compe levers for tektro carbon. Haven't noticed any significant difference in stiffness. Yeah, they look really good. No regrets. An easy way to updgrade yet keep the adjustability of a clip-on.

"In the blocks you're a prisoner, the gun releases you."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like mine. Looks cool. It's also functional in as much as I'm sure it's probably worth a few seconds being more aero than my old Profile base bar. I kept my old dia-comp brakes and since I have medium sized mitts, it hasn't been an issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Tech bar [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have them on my fixed gear TT bike. With only a front brake and no shifters they are so clean looking. They wouldn't be my first choice for a climbing fest of a course, but for flat TT they are great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a set with the new vision levers that I have been riding on for a few weeks now. I don't find the smaller grips to be a problem and they look really cool which may be their most important feature :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love 'em. I have the Vision Carbon clipons on them. Best setup I've ever had. I find the handgrips the perfect size.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
check out my blog: http://biketestblog.blogspot.com/

Besides my tirades on things like why the USCF is wrong on banning beam bikes (and the kind words I have for the UCI in regarding how they have choked innovation in bike design), you will find quite a bit on my opinions of the Vision Tech Base bar. Evryone else had pretty much said what I have said for quite awhile (not good for large hands), but my rating of a 7 is pretty good coming from a grumpy guy like myself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the information and I value all the opinions.
Quote Reply