Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

myofascia
Quote | Reply

I'm having severe soreness in my calfs that responds well to self massage with a roller. While I've found a bunch of information regarding different excercies and different types of rollers, balls, etc., for self-massage, I haven't been able to find any guidance on when and how often I should use a roller. I don't want to over treat myself and create a significant injury.

For instance, how many times a week is optimal, should treatments be done daily or every other day? How long should I use on each calf?

Also, what should the relationship be between these self-treatments and exercise. Should they be done a few hours before/ after exercising or should they be done immediately after/ before similar to regular stretching? Also, if I do a weekly long-run, should I avoid or encourage the use of treatment on these days.

Thanks,

Quote Reply
Re: myofascia [Harry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I prefer to do some self massage as well, but I think recommending a treatment plan for your specific situation is something your ART should do for you personally. I don't think your friends here at ST can accurately recommend a treatment plan without seeing you in person.
Quote Reply