Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SOLD
Quote | Reply
For sale is my Guru Crono frameset (frame, fork, seat post). Seat post has not been cut. The green tape shows where I had it set. Measurements and pictures are below. I am 6' 2" with a 32-33" inseam.

This was originally a 2006 frame, but, was sent back to Guru in 2009 for a cracked seat tube caused by something striking my bike. Guru replaced the seat tube and re-painted the frame. The frame has not been built back up into a bike, therefore, it is like new with a fresh paint job, thus, no marks at all.

Price was $1,600, which includes shipping. PM me with questions or if you would like more pics. I am in the market for a new road frame. If you have something to offer in trade, of equal quality/condition, I am willing to listen. Thanks.

BIG Price drop: $900.

Top Tube: 560
Head Tube: 205
Seat Angle: 78 deg
Head Angle: 71.5
Seat Tube Length: 605

Here is how I had it built up:
Stack: 588
Reach: 424
Stem: 90
Stem angle: -17
Spacers: none

Here she is fully assembled:

Here are pics of her currently:

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Last edited by: JSA: Jul 1, 11 15:13
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Guru Crono Frameset [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump. Price drop: $1,500. Trades considered.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Guru Crono Frameset - BIG Price Drop [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump. Big price drop - $1,200.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still available. $1,200.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
very nice frame for a killer price

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i wonder why they would replace a seat tube and not just the give you a whole new frame for safety/liability reasons?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Guru Crono Frameset - BIG Price Drop [danahs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suspect (as does my lbs) that it is a brand new frame. The invoice indicated replacement and re-paint. However, when the frame came back, it was missing the hole on the bottom of the bottom bracket shell that is used for the SRM mount (it wasn't painted over, the hole used to mount the SRM and the cable guide, which was drilled into the original frame, was missing). So, obviously, more was done than just a replacement of the seat tube. However, I have no documentation saying that the entire frame is, in fact, a brand new frame, so, I am not claiming it to be one.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is it possible to track the serial numbers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Yes. I just sent an email to Toni Paventi and Robert Pinazza at Guru with the serial number asking for verification. I will post the response.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would have bought it if it was my size.. damn :(
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Guru Crono Frameset - BIG Price Drop [eigner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I would have bought it if it was my size.. damn :(

x2 Gorgeous piece and a killer deal. Free bump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

UPDATE: Here is the info from Guru - the frame was rebuilt to Guru's manufacturing standards for new frames.

My e-mail:

Tony/Robert:

Could you verify some information for me regarding my frame? Details below.

Frame: Guru Crono
Serial No.: 60634
Shop: Transition, Pewaukee, WI

As you can see from the emails below, I sent this frame to you in June of 2009 with a cracked seat tube. Was this frame repaired or replaced with a new frame? If it was repaired, could you tell me exactly what was done? If it was repaired, is there any issue with the structural integrity of the frame?

Thanks so much!

Guru response:

It was completely refurbished to our new manufacturing specifications.

ROBERT PINAZZA
V.P. OF SALES
V.P. DES VENTES

GURU CYCLES INC
2460 rue Michelin , Laval, Quebec , H7L 5C3

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Black Friday BUMP!

I will consider a trade for new or like new road and/or cross components (SRAM Force or Red preferred). Or I will entertain a trade for new or like new Quarq (compact cranks/ 172.5) and cash.

This frame is far too beautiful to be sitting unused. My position has change and I am able to race a full IM in my "go fast" position on my Planet X, so, I am going with the Stealth for the full season. Hate to see this frame sitting unused.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome riding frame at a great price ...
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Guru Crono Frameset - BIG Price Drop and UPDATE from Guru [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Price drop: $1,000 (includes shipping CONUS).

Quote Reply
Re: FS: Guru Crono Frameset - BIG Price Drop and UPDATE from Guru [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Giving it one final try before I resort to e-bay: $900 shipped (CONUS).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beautiful frame, absolutely loved my Geneo the Crono's road specific brother and have recently upgraded it to the Guru Photon. Someone buy this frame, 900 dollars is a steal!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah....just my luck. If only I had seen your frame about 1 month ago.....good luck on your sale.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a work of art. I was actually driving down the road today, thinking about the Guru Chrono, it was too pricey back when I bought the frame I'm riding now. Bump because someone needs to buy this bike!

Life IS an endurance sport. Finish Well
www.fwe1.net
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AAAGGGHHH!!! that is highway robbery! i wish that was my size...
i can't believe someone hasn't taken that yet

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM Sent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few hits, but, still available. Last call. $900 shipped (CONUS).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still have the Crono available?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Guru Crono Frameset - BIG Price Drop and UPDATE from Guru [buddyebs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry. Sold.

Quote Reply