Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NHL 2024 [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I am saying is that I don’t want to sound like I am blaming the refs for us losing. I don’t.

But after the previous three calls I was at a loss as to why the Knies trip was let go. Especially since it was a scoring chance.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: NHL 2024 [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
What I am saying is that I don’t want to sound like I am blaming the refs for us losing. I don’t.

But after the previous three calls I was at a loss as to why the Knies trip was let go. Especially since it was a scoring chance.

I understood your position about not blaming refs. I ask then, do you , as management has, blame the coach? His winning percentage is off the charts (less playoffs) and he is let go today after signing back in August of last year for more years yet. He is walking out the door shouting give me my money.
Quote Reply
Re: NHL 2024 [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
It was unbelievable, great for me as a Canucks fan.

The empty net miss is going to haunt.

I do miss your input and was surprised while searching for our Boston fan to find you first.

I stayed up to watch the National Anthem and the first period and first goal.

First: Danged if that wasn't special when the singer ceased singing, held the mic up in the air and allowed the fans to sing without her contribution. I almost teared up. Well done Vancouver faithful.

Second: So how the fuck did you come back after down 4-1 to win? Well done to the Canucks. Now off to find our Boston fan.
Quote Reply
Re: NHL 2024 [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
B's had some defensive lapses and a very rough start to the 2nd period, but I think this series comes down to a significant difference in net. I think the teams are fairly well matched offensively/defensively - maybe the B's are a little stronger on the back end, Toronto maybe has a little more firepower overall. But nothing much separating the two teams...except in net, and it showed last night.

I was at the Garden last night, place was electric. My first playoff game since I sat in the last row of the bleachers in a series against Montreal like 20 years ago, it was a hell of a time. Hoping for more of the same tomorrow night :)

Dude, I hope you have tickets to tomorrow's game. Last night's game was definitely a watch event and sets up for either a dud win at home after the refs take charge early on and call a tight game; or Tkachuk and Montour play their taunt game and get the Bruins to bite. Must see TV for me. The cameras caught the preparatory words between the last 2 pugilists (gracious recognition there for your boy) and then your boy informing his coach. I see Tkachuk as the new Marchand with his taunt and cheap punch after Pasta was on his back. But then maybe Montour just revived the old Brad that I used to loathe.

Can't bring myself yet to yell Go Bruins just yet, but for sure there is no lets go Panthers chant until that taunting chip on the collective shoulder of the Panthers gets knocked off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
BLeP wrote:

I understood your position about not blaming refs. I ask then, do you , as management has, blame the coach? His winning percentage is off the charts (less playoffs) and he is let go today after signing back in August of last year for more years yet. He is walking out the door shouting give me my money.

It’s not the coaches fault but he’s also not the coach the GM wanted. GM inherited him.

I am not shocked by this development in any way.GM is trying to put his stamp on the team.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:
B's had some defensive lapses and a very rough start to the 2nd period, but I think this series comes down to a significant difference in net. I think the teams are fairly well matched offensively/defensively - maybe the B's are a little stronger on the back end, Toronto maybe has a little more firepower overall. But nothing much separating the two teams...except in net, and it showed last night.

I was at the Garden last night, place was electric. My first playoff game since I sat in the last row of the bleachers in a series against Montreal like 20 years ago, it was a hell of a time. Hoping for more of the same tomorrow night :)

Dude, I hope you have tickets to tomorrow's game. Last night's game was definitely a watch event and sets up for either a dud win at home after the refs take charge early on and call a tight game; or Tkachuk and Montour play their taunt game and get the Bruins to bite. Must see TV for me. The cameras caught the preparatory words between the last 2 pugilists (gracious recognition there for your boy) and then your boy informing his coach. I see Tkachuk as the new Marchand with his taunt and cheap punch after Pasta was on his back. But then maybe Montour just revived the old Brad that I used to loathe.

Can't bring myself yet to yell Go Bruins just yet, but for sure there is no lets go Panthers chant until that taunting chip on the collective shoulder of the Panthers gets knocked off.

Tonight is appointment viewing. I expect Swayman to be back in net and the B's to come out with some fire. If I were Montgomery I'd start the Maroon line and tell him to hunt down Tkachuk on the first shift and blow him up.

More importantly though, the B's better figure out how to handle Florida's forecheck or this series isn't going to be much fun for them.
Quote Reply
Re: NHL 2024 [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
gofigure wrote:
BLeP wrote:

It’s not the coaches fault but he’s also not the coach the GM wanted. GM inherited him.

I am not shocked by this development in any way.GM is trying to put his stamp on the team.

Shanahan needs to go as well, the Shanaplan isn't working.
Quote Reply

Prev Next