Prev Next
Re: NHL 2024 [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
He just needs to get 6 next game.

Classic trap game. The Leafs never fail to fall into a trap game.

An original six team is a trap game?

Your team is shit.

The Leafs looked at this and thought 'easy win before a road trip'. It's what they do.

The team tied for first in the central is shit?

A bit of a trap game and an improving previously shit team who win the Windy award of first place for the first week. Can't blame the claim as there has been none for a while now.

Trap game with a suspect goaltending. BLeP and the "faithful" leaf fans will be setting the suicide watch and or hiring the sports psychologist for their goalie tandem soon.

Enjoy Bedard as he appears to be the real deal and partially NHL ready.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
He just needs to get 6 next game.

Classic trap game. The Leafs never fail to fall into a trap game.

An original six team is a trap game?

Your team is shit.

The Leafs looked at this and thought 'easy win before a road trip'. It's what they do.

The team tied for first in the central is shit?

Oh there’s some Windy genius. Tied for first by playing twice as many games as the Avs so far to get to 4 points. That’s one hell of an accomplishment.
Quote Reply
Re: NHL 2024 [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's up with your boy Ovie? Is father time catching up with him? or just lots of bad luck?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really good game for Bedard last night. Twice stole the puck leading to goals. Fought off Hedman for a tap in in front. Seriously Hedman? He's 120 pounds soaking wet....

Really nice pass on one of his assists.

Quote Reply
Re: NHL 2024 [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
What's up with your boy Ovie? Is father time catching up with him? or just lots of bad luck?

And here I was going to write you and ask what's up with my boy Sammy? Looks like the other guy is letting more than his share pass by too though.

As for Ovie, hard to say. My wife says he has not been the same since his old man passed. My take is he is playing at less than 100% effort. I have been to all the home games and have watched him on each of his shifts. Same Ovie as before puck handling and skating . There seems to be less juice on his one timer from his office on the PP. They are adding some wrinkles to that PP with the new coaching staff and his chance numbers are off with the PP not clicking just yet. On defense he has always played to minimum, but so far he is just a tick slower in covering and pursuing the puck when in his own zone. It's a long season and it looks like he is pacing for the grind. He does inspire the team when he comes out with a want to engage, but that is not an automatic thing most nights.

Father time is there, so you see him sliding in and holding his net presence as more pronounced and there have been at least 2 or 3 goals called back for goalie interference or off sides on the entry, so there is a bit of bad luck too. Right now I would not put money down on him getting to Gretzky, but I would not count him out either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sammy has been generally terrible this season. He's in his own head at this point.

Woll has been generally good this season, a couple of off nights made worse by absolutely porous defense.

Our new GM let 5 or 6 decent defensive players leave and replaced them with 5 or 6 guys that think defense is optional. And it's showing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Leafs like offensive players. I hear McJesus will be available.

You guys need to add him! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ovie now has 2 goals in non-empty nets in 13 games this season.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Ovie now has 2 goals in non-empty nets in 13 games this season.

Hey now. The Great Eight is now tied with The Great One for empty net goals.

I think the new coach has now settled his O lines. Wilson and Kuzy are back together with Ovie. I have always liked the pairing of Wilson and Ovie and it seems that the coach has given the keys to the car to Kuzy now that Backstrom and management made a very fair "lets hang em up" call after seeing the 2 young up and coming centers perform to expectation.

It remains a distinct pleasure to be a Caps/ Ovie fan regardless of the doldrums, giveaways, sloppy goals, lazy skating and poor officiating. FWIW, my Rocking the Red game jersey is an Oshie 77 and not an Ovie 8.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is awesome.

“Carolina Hurricanes to wear Whalers uniforms one night only on 02/10/24.”

https://x.com/...VXZiCUm1aguM6ABLo7hA

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Re: the Great 8.
Mike Milbury was always quick to criticize (or question) Ovechkin too. Back in '13 Ovie snapped out of a mini goal scoring drought and had this to say to the local paper responding to his criticism.

I just try to do my best,” Ovechkin said.

"Right now I’m scoring goals and I’m the king of the world. And a couple weeks ago I was almost in the toilet. So maybe you just forget to flush me.”

3 goals in the last 3 games. The new coach looks to be of the mindset to ride the hot goalie regardless of #1 or 2 status and the Caps are riding Chuckie on a really hot penalty kill streak while idling into dead last in the league on PP scoring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ovie was Playing like shit. I merely pointed it out.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leafs lose to the Hawks 4-3....assuming it was a turkey hangover for the Leafs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

The game went to OT and was won on a rebound off the back wall that was collected on a hawk stick and punched past the goalie. Tough to call that turkey day hangover performing.

From my perspective, I continue to be entertained by the sport and the league. My Caps just had a huge turkey hangover event against a team who had just fired their coach for early season under performing and are led by arguably the most talented player in the world.

My grandson and I were thoroughly stressed and entertained with a last minute goal to tie in regulation and then a last second to win in OT on the day before turkey day. And then yesterday my nephew and I were entertained by a dazzling performance from Connor McDavid (4 assists and one jock strap losing embarrassing moment for a top defense man) as the Caps were soundly beaten by the Oilers.

Enjoy the ride as the Connor Bedard show takes hold, or doesn't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
windywave wrote:

The game went to OT and was won on a rebound off the back wall that was collected on a hawk stick and punched past the goalie. Tough to call that turkey day hangover performing.

I was just trying to help BLeP out since he thinks the Hawks are "shit."

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=8026687#p8026687
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
gofigure wrote:
windywave wrote:

He is too much the fan and he does need help for his being too critical.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

nope. Just the Leafs playing down to their competition.

It’s what they do.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
gofigure wrote:
windywave wrote:

The Hawks are shit. This is an objective truth.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
gofigure wrote:
windywave wrote:

Jeff O'Neil on the Leafs losing to the Hawks: "The Leafs lost to the Hawks, twice. And they are a complete dumpster fire."

And he wasn't even referring to the Corey Perry rumours and the very vague statement they just put out today that does nothing to dispel those rumours.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
gofigure wrote:
windywave wrote:

Jeff O'Neil on the Leafs losing to the Hawks: "The Leafs lost to the Hawks, twice. And they are a complete dumpster fire."

And he wasn't even referring to the Corey Perry rumours and the very vague statement they just put out today that does nothing to dispel those rumours.

Yeah that Perry thing is weird.

We need more high draft picks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your GM said this afternoon that the rumours are absolutely not true.

But of course he would say that even if they were true.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Before the presser i said to wife .. if they deny it and say it’s simply a personal matter then he did it.
Damn booze on those mom road trips …
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
November 26th, 1983, BLeP attends his first Maple Leafs game with his Dad. Leafs lose 7-6 in OT to the Minnesota North Stars.

November 30th, 2023, BLeP Jr 1.0 attends his first Maple Leafs game with his Dad. Leafs win 4-3 in a shootout over Seattle Kraken.

Realized this week that it was 40 years to the week from when I went to my first game.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
November 26th, 1983, BLeP attends his first Maple Leafs game with his Dad. Leafs lose 7-6 in OT to the Minnesota North Stars.

November 30th, 2023, BLeP Jr 1.0 attends his first Maple Leafs game with his Dad. Leafs win 4-3 in a shootout over Seattle Kraken.

Realized this week that it was 40 years to the week from when I went to my first game.

And the Leafs have been in the Cup finals how many times since then?
Quote Reply

Prev Next