Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NHL 2024 [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I have no issue with Rielly being suspended, what in the ever living fuck is this?

https://x.com/...qV6nxOSePsSnKig4JMgw

The DPoS hates the Leafs.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: NHL 2024 [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I am following your team, I read the box scores and noted the 5 min major to reilly and the concurrent EN and wondered what he might have done. Since it was brought up here, I went in search of the video. I get that there are unwritten rules and codes of conduct and that maybe slap shotting from the crease is an offense to one of those rules. I am curious if the team captain, coach and management are in support of this man's self enforcement there. Is this an overall rally round boys positive note or is it a locker room dissent source and detracts from their goal of the cup?

As for your dogged pursuit of fairness with the League's player safety, I await your comparison of the $5K fine awarded to the Ranger to that which your guy gets. Personally, I am shocked that the Ranger did not receive a season suspension for that.

Re: my boy . Goals in 5 straight. Last year when he moved into 2nd place, the team gave away an Ovechkin bobble head doll that has a mechanical counter on it. My counter clicker was sticking badly for the first 44 games this season. It has loosened up considerably of late.
Quote Reply
Re: NHL 2024 [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reilly has never been suspended and was in contention for Lady Bing until this.

Yet he’ll get 6 games minimum. Leafs will appeal.

I don’t think Marchand has ever been suspended for more than 5 games for all the shit he’s done.

The DPoS hates the Leafs.

Quote Reply
Re: NHL 2024 [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Retire his number immediately.

"I want to thank my girlfriend..she's too young to remember I played in Pittsburgh."

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: NHL 2024 [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replying to last.

Matthews has 49 goals in 53 games this season. He’s on pace for 75 goals.

He should pass Mats Sundin to become the Leafs all time goals leader next season.

Unreal. (Also a testament to how mediocre this franchise has been)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
51 in 54 so far.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Before I start my post I need to make it clear... the Leafs lost last night because the Bruins outplayed them. Plain and simple. I am not blaming the refs for the loss. Capiche?

Having said that, every time the Leafs play the Bruins I think: what nonsensical crap will the refs do tonight?

And they didn't let me down. This happened not once, but twice in one period.

Leafs draw a penalty and have full possession during the delayed call. Not even a Bruin near the puck. Twice the refs blow the whistle and stop the play. Once is a mistake, how the fuck does that happen twice in one game? On back to back delayed penalty calls?

Holy fuck NHL, get better.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Before I start my post I need to make it clear... the Leafs lost last night because the Bruins outplayed them. Plain and simple. I am not blaming the refs for the loss. Capiche?

Having said that, every time the Leafs play the Bruins I think: what nonsensical crap will the refs do tonight?

Leafs draw a penalty and have full possession during the delayed call. Not even a Bruin near the puck. Twice the refs blow the whistle and stop the play. Once is a mistake, how the fuck does that happen twice in one game? On back to back delayed penalty calls?

So far tonight we have a bullshit 5-3 for the Bruins.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
BLeP wrote:

You’re right, it should’ve been a 4-minute 5-4 PP. No worries though, they gave the Leafs a bullshit 4-minute PP to make up for it.
Last edited by: Dgconner154: Mar 7, 24 17:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two things:
1. You are welcome. He should be a plus for the playoffs. Solid D in a good skating, with cup experience, big body.
2. You must give up on finding fault with the refs. Save those rants for the porch and the kids tearing the tarp off the shed.

Oh yeah, a third
3. Our boy Rasmus got signed to a nice 5 year deal. He has played well

And a fourth,
4. 10 in the last 15, only 54 back. Purposely not looking at his plus minus stat line. I am sure he is near the league lead there.

Not dead yet.
Last edited by: gofigure: Mar 8, 24 6:28
Quote Reply
Re: NHL 2024 [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dgconner154 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
BLeP wrote:

You’re right, it should’ve been a 4-minute 5-4 PP. No worries though, they gave the Leafs a bullshit 4-minute PP to make up for it.

Knies didn't do anything. No chance refs are calling two cross checks on same player.

Should have been 2 minutes 4-4. Or at worst 5-4 for 2 minutes.

Nice turtle by your "Captain" in the third period.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Deadline day!

It won't be Guentzel. Let's see what non-household name wing you pick up to provide the secondary scoring that is missing every spring.
Quote Reply
Re: NHL 2024 [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leafs don’t have secondary scoring issues. At least that isn’t the biggest concern.

The power play runs dry every spring. That hurts more.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Leafs don’t have secondary scoring issues. At least that isn’t the biggest concern.

Seven game playoffs allow familiarity to set in for defenders. Referees' whistles tend to get put away in games 5-7.

Power play hurt is shared by all participants late in the series. Square up and play solid 5 on 5 hockey.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Seven game playoffs allow familiarity to set in for defenders. Referees' whistles tend to get put away in games 5-7.

Power play hurt is shared by all participants late in the series. Square up and play solid 5 on 5 hockey.

Sure. But scoring 1 PP goal in a series isn’t going to cut it. And that’s what we do.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kelly's Heroes and Sergeant Oddball: "Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves." "Always with the negative waves."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Kelly's Heroes and Sergeant Oddball: "Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves." "Always with the negative waves."

If reality is negative then I am not sure what to say here.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about Zub throwing an elbow to Perron's face?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reality is they have not won since 67. That is the negative wave of Tsunami strength. I am loathe to go Zen here, but until you and the Leaf Nation lose all the other negative waves whether it's the PP, the officials and their calls, the league, the goalie or whatever, then the cup will continue to elude. Good luck comes easier and more fulsomely to those without the negative wave baggage.

On many levels I know this to be BS nonsense, but then the mind is the most powerful organ in the body and when cluttered with negativity it can adversely affect desired outcomes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will ditch the negative vibes when they do something positive in the playoffs.

Last year we won a round but Tampa out played us. We won three games in OT.

Then we got goalied in the second round.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here’s a fun play.

Leafs have a power play. 3 of the 4 Flyer on the ice either lose their sticks or have it broken.

Have never seen this before

https://x.com/...qV6nxOSePsSnKig4JMgw

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fun play if you're a Leaf fan. Negative waves would be allowed were the Leafs not to have scored there even though the PP had just expired. Thanks for the win. My Caps are not quite dead yet and the Flyers are the catch target.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, is it a different team and different Matthews without his sidekick Marner ? And, how is it they lost last night to the Flyers? I was hoping tonight to see the leafs as a back end of a back to back team coming off a win and not a loss, and we kinda needed you to beat those Flyers.

Looking forward to tonight's game. I see that the odds for the Leafs to either move up or down from their current playoff slotting to be quite high and that they might just be playing out the string without much emotion. Which Leaf player should I keep an eye on early to gauge which Leaf team shows up?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well there was some bad luck last night. They hit 5 or 6 posts.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Well there was some bad luck last night. They hit 5 or 6 posts.

Puck luck and hot goalies and just how much they influence the outcome of games, I find to be the most unique aspect to this sport that I have found a passion for. Couldas, wouldas and the but fors are rabbit holes that should be avoided.
Quote Reply

Prev Next