Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NHL 2024 [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Well there was some bad luck last night. They hit 5 or 6 posts.

Well it was mostly net that they hit last night. I did not hear one post ring nor much glass either. Your boy is the real deal. Opening tip had Dowd's checking line opposed and they lost a puck battle along the boards giving Domi easy access to the untended danger man. 16 seconds in and dagger! It actually was an entertaining game until 13 minutes left.

I leave you with a quiz. I saw 3 Toronto jerseys in the stands not #'ed 34 16 and 88. The numbers were 12, 27 and 21. Without assist list those 3 guys. I have two hints if needed.

I still see in your defense one that doesn't close tight enough or fast enough in a smothering playoff fashion. Movement between the blues in center ice seemed too easy. Also Matthews gets an enormous amount of offensive zone shifting.

Ovi is now at 49 to tie.
Quote Reply
Re: NHL 2024 [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
21 is Salming
27 would either be Mahavolich or Sittler. Or if a fan of goons it could be Kordic. My guess is Sittler though.
12? Tough one… best guess is Mark Osborne. That would be weird though.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may have misremembered the #12. how about #13 and Sundin? Salming and Sittler were the two. Naturally, all three were gray and silver haired gentlemen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah 13 was Sundin.

Another 12 option was Patrick Marleau.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With the understanding that you are the subject matter expert, I need a ruling. Wilson's 6 games?

I saw it in person and the high stick motion went by too fast and escaped my eye. I saw the board action and then an immediate "ah shit, I'm sorry, did not intend for that to happen" hug. I get his history with the player safety office, but he has been a somewhat solid citizen since the team put the A on his jersey. Up to that point I did not notice any malcontent feelings between the teams or the players that would lead one to think retaliation was in the offing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly I thought 1 or 2 games would have sufficed. I don’t think he intended any harm, was instantly remorseful. Leaf player isn’t injured.

But you need to control your stick.

DPoS came down awfully hard on him.

Department of player safety treats Wilson like the repeat offender that he is.

They do not treat Brad Marchand like the repeat offender that he is.

Quote Reply
Re: NHL 2024 [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
I read that yesterday. Sorry to see. We got to meet him during the Stanley Cup run in 2017. The Predators do a lot of fundraising for Parkinson’s research because Brent Peterson, one of our former coaches, has suffered from Parkinson’s for a number of years and does a lot of fundraising and programming for it.

And, Preds dropped their opener to Tampa Bay last night. A young team and a new coach means it’s probably going to be a long year.

Shouldn't you join the conversation? Your young team and new coach appear to be not dead yet. Experiencing a similar path with my Caps. Our coach is the youngest and in his first year, the GM just sold proven playoff assets at the trade deadline, the youngsters are stepping up and into the vacancies and wouldn't you know they are energizing the old guard. Each and every game is being played with playoff intensity. I for one am enjoying the ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes! And we just won a barn burner overtime game last night. They are on a16-0-2 run.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Last edited by: ironclm: Mar 27, 24 3:32
Quote Reply
Re: NHL 2024 [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Flyers took a locker room vote two weeks ago and said, we get Torts fired.
Quote Reply
Re: NHL 2024 [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tort is good at getting fired.

My young Preds qualified for the playoffs last night.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
I think Flyers took a locker room vote two weeks ago and said, we get Torts fired.

Torts after last night's rout up in Montreal:

“I’m not questioning their effort. I just think we’ve lost ourselves in managing games. I think some guys may feel it a little bit because they may wanna try to get us out of this. But I don’t question the care. I don’t question the effort. It’s been a strong group all year long. I’m frustrated for them, because this was rock bottom for us. Hate to see us at this time of the year playing this way after all of the good minutes we’ve put in throughout the year.”

Not like Torts to be this charitable. I would think the long season was just a couple weeks too long for his boys and that they have not quit on him.

Still, they are not dead yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I took my wife to a Flyers/Bruins game a few weeks ago for her birthday. Flyers won on a late goal and we were getting some big heads thinking that they could actually get into the playoffs. They haven't won since, so we are officially the jinx.
Quote Reply
Re: NHL 2024 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wings Capital's last night.. UGH

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: NHL 2024 [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Wings Capital's last night.. UGH

Chuckie is the reason the Caps have made it this far and sit in the enviable position with the Wings and the Flyers and the Pens and the Islanders of being not dead yet and looking to be the last team standing. The last 10 days of the regular season remain their own personal round one of the playoffs.
Quote Reply
Re: NHL 2024 [jeffa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jinxes and superstitions are a bitch. Yet our NHL 2024 thread master up in Toronto fails to understand fully how they work. "Always with the negative vibes, Moriarity."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Not like Torts to be this charitable. I would think the long season was just a couple weeks too long for his boys and that they have not quit on him.

Still, they are not dead yet.

Maybe, we’ll see. They have shanked a couple of gotta have it games to bad teams.

I actually don’t mind him. I always preferred a tough coach. I just think he was wrong guy. He is more guy that gets a seasoned almost there team across the line. Not the lose 55 games rebuild guy. The goalie situation not his fault.
Last edited by: WannaB: Apr 10, 24 10:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unless there's more going on behind the scenes, I think he survives... though I read recently there are at least some rumblings that he wants to retire. From the start, The Flyers saw this season as the first season of a rebuild. The fact that they were in the playoff hunt as long as they were is an overachievement. On the flip side, Torts has a Mike Keenan-like way of wearing on his players. I wonder if they've already hit that point.
Quote Reply
Re: NHL 2024 [jeffa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffa wrote:
I took my wife to a Flyers/Bruins game a few weeks ago for her birthday. Flyers won on a late goal and we were getting some big heads thinking that they could actually get into the playoffs. They haven't won since, so we are officially the jinx.

Who would have thunk it. Tomorrow's Flyers v Caps still has meaning for both clubs. Caps win and they are in. Your jinx being still in effect would be nice. But something tells me it is going to be a barn burner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Red Wings in OT! Killing me.

Tomorrow should be fun. At least we get one playoff game.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn't have to be pretty.

Torts pulled Ersson needing to win in regulation, not knowing Red Wings were guaranteed a point and Flyers eliminated. So empty net gift sealed your berth!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have the Leafs been eliminated yet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
Doesn't have to be pretty.

Torts pulled Ersson needing to win in regulation, not knowing Red Wings were guaranteed a point and Flyers eliminated. So empty net gift sealed your berth!

Nothing in this entire season has been pretty for the Caps. Can't argue the pulled goalie as needing to win in regulation was key.

So I guess the Leafs now get the deflating Bruins in Rd#1.
Quote Reply
Re: NHL 2024 [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
5 more games. Lol
Quote Reply
Re: NHL 2024 [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
windywave wrote:
5 more games. Lol

I am pulling for BLeP's team. The Bruins are gettable. Don't know if the Leafs have the DNA in their play to do the getting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
jeffa wrote:

Who would have thunk it. Tomorrow's Flyers v Caps still has meaning for both clubs. Caps win and they are in. Your jinx being still in effect would be nice. But something tells me it is going to be a barn burner.

You're welcome...

Hard for me to be too disappointed. The Flyers were supposed to stink out loud this year. For the first time in my lifetime, the organization is actually sticking to a rebuild and not thinking that they are just one player away. The fact that the season actually featured a meaningful game #82 is a bonus.
Quote Reply

Prev Next