Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [Velocibuddha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's see what an editor over at Forbes thinks...

“If you look at the fundamentals of the company, it’s poised to go down a lot more,” Dan Alexander told CNN’s Erin Burnett on Monday. “If you look at the number of users this company has, the amount of revenue that it generates, you know, its valuation should be measured in the hundreds of millions of dollars, at the most. Right now, the public markets are valuing it at 3.5 billion.”
“So that means this stock should fall by at least another 90% before the metrics start to make any amount of sense,” he continued.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Velocibuddha wrote:
Dave -

I think you have the basic gist. But maybe not the details.

A $17.50 put gives you the right to sell at $17.50.

Currently ....
It will costs you $8 20 to buy a Put option, to sell stock at $17.50 in November.

Some possible outcomes:
1) Stock is above $17.50 - you lose the $8.20 you spent.
(You won't use the option to sell the stock for $17.50. You can sell the stock for more than that without using the option).......
$8.20 loss/share

2) Stock is equal $9.30.
You spent $8.20 on the option, you can buy the stock for $9.30 and sell it for $17.50.
Total sale = $17.50
Total cost = $8.20 option + $9.30 for stock
Thus break even is $9.30

3) Stock is $0.
You can buy stock for $O.
You can sell for $17.50
Max Gain = $17.50 - $8.20 (option price)
Max Gain $9.30

One might say, that since the breakeven point is $9.30 - then this is some kind of estimated value.

Actually - percentage losses and percentage gains are not the same (i.e. a 50% loss is the same as a 100% gain).......

In short...
A rational person would believe this stock is very, very likely to be worthless before they would pay $8.20 for that option.

Pretty sure that's what I said, Assuming you do not own the stock today, you will need to buy it in Nov to sell it with the Put, so when I mentioned buying it at Market Rate, thats cause well thats what you will do to sell it with the put.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Velocibuddha wrote:

In short...
A rational person would believe this stock is very, very likely to be worthless before they would pay $8.20 for that option.

And that's the point that is hard to interpret from your Put values, from a glance for a non-options person.

A high sell point for a future put, indicates, the market is saying oh its probably gonna be lower than this, so I want a bunch of guaranteed money to get into this deal.

Opposite, if a Nov $17.50 on DJT were selling for $1 that's because the market see's it as a Free $1 cause almost certainly the stock will be more than that in a few months, so everyone is willing to sell the put and high supply, low demand, price falls.

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know where to see this, anyone have a graph or table, for April, of % drop each day for this stock.. its gotta be brutal, seems like a 10% everyday, but I mean it had to have some days that were at least not 10% drops right. Has it had a positive day, in april.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sosayusall wrote:
On top of the price tanking, etc. something else that is really interesting is the asymmetry of reporting. When the stock of truth social was around $65, trumps increase of net work of 6 billion dollars was on the front page of every single news source.

I havnt really looked, but its not on the front base of any news sources that trump has lost 4 billion dollars in a single week.

He's got a long way to go before reaching Musk-level losses.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Put it this way...

There is what is known as a Dead Cat Bounce.

DJT has been much less bouncy than most dead cats.
Last edited by: Velocibuddha: Apr 16, 24 13:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Don't know where to see this, anyone have a graph or table, for April, of % drop each day for this stock.. its gotta be brutal, seems like a 10% everyday, but I mean it had to have some days that were at least not 10% drops right. Has it had a positive day, in april.

One up, two mostly flat, lots of riding the brakes on the downhill

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:

Pick your time frame: https://www.google.com/...ote/DJT:NASDAQ?hl=en
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Surely news of a streaming capability will send it to the moon: https://www.cnbc.com/...eaming-platform.html
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J_R wrote:
Surely news of a streaming capability will send it to the moon: https://www.cnbc.com/...eaming-platform.html

There is NOTHING more exciting than watching a deranged geriatric make up incoherent lies on social media.

It's like watching C-Span when you are black-out drunk!!

Entertainment gold!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
J_R wrote:

I bet the stock will rebound to record heights if they streamed a reality show based on Devin Nunes' cow.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

I don't know, looks more like the Cybertruck accelerator issue than riding the brakes.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
sosayusall wrote:
On top of the price tanking, etc. something else that is really interesting is the asymmetry of reporting. When the stock of truth social was around $65, trumps increase of net work of 6 billion dollars was on the front page of every single news source.

I havnt really looked, but its not on the front base of any news sources that trump has lost 4 billion dollars in a single week.

That's the thing with Trump, you can't keep up with all his shit. It's just an endless spew that no one can keep up with.

Like trying to track his lies. While you are writing one down, he's already let 2 or 3 more go. You can't keep up with it.

I'm sometimes amazed at the amount of energy and cognitive bandwidth it takes for HIM to keep up with all his BS. I think it was Mark Twain that said, "never tell lies and you have nothing to remember", something to that effect. If only this much organization was used for good.

cock-up before conspiracy
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
j p o wrote:

I don't know, looks more like the Cybertruck accelerator issue than riding the brakes.

Off topic, but I saw one of those in the wild over the weekend. I guess I was expecting more, not sure more what. It just didn't look impressive at all. I much preferred the Tundra I was driving in looks and definitely in capabilities.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
J_R wrote:

They want to be the platform of choice for White Nationalist terrorists to live stream their attacks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
J_R wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

Pick your time frame: https://www.google.com/...ote/DJT:NASDAQ?hl=en

Sorry don't see how to get daily % loss.

I know multiple ways to get the daily close, open, range. I could just export to excel calc. daily % change and plot it or put in table, just not that interested to do it.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
J_R wrote:

I bet the stock will rebound to record heights if they streamed a reality show based on Devin Nunes' cow.

I heard they were going to stream, Stormy and Trump doing the nasty, and oh would that be nasty.

They will have a reality game show, Grab em by the Pussy. each contestant is given a cat backpack to wear (what where you thinking?)

They will also have the game show, Can you get me out of this oval office.

A tutorial show, how to cheat at golf.

Who wants to be a Dr. You evaluate trump them provide a medical summary of him. He picks which is most accurate and the winner gets an PHD from trump University.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Velocibuddha wrote:
Put it this way...

Of course it has no bounce, its trump, he grabbed it and wont let that pussy bounce.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Velocibuddha wrote:
Put it this way...

Of course it has no bounce, its trump, he grabbed it and wont let that pussy bounce.

Very good!!

A grabbed pussy won't bounce.

That works on soo many levels.

Many a true word spoken in jest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and DJT is holding steady today. at +1.0% at opening.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Almost 10%. Let's see if it sticks, or if it gets sleepy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
J_R wrote:

Russian money pouring into the stock to prop it up.

Probably.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
J_R wrote:

Well it must be because of the news now coming out about their Audit firm, if this was a movie, no one would believe it.

https://qz.com/...-scrutiny-1851410927

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
J_R wrote:

Russian money pouring into the stock to prop it up.

Probably.

Could be shorts cashing out too.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoever was propping up this POS stock is taking the day off today. Down 9% already.

Quote Reply

Prev Next