Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The company website has added an FAQ giving advice on how to prevent shares from being loaned out to short sellers:

“For long-term shareholders who believe in the Company’s future, the Company is highlighting the following actions you can take with your brokerage firm to prevent the lending of your shares for short selling,” Trump Media said in its supplement to its FAQ Wednesday.

The tips include holding DJT shares in a cash account at a brokerage firm as opposed to a margin account, “opting out of any securities lending program,” moving Trump Media shares to the company’s designated transfer agent, and transferring shares to a bank and “holding them in your retirement account.”
Last edited by: DieselPete: Apr 18, 24 6:47
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
The company website has added an FAQ giving advice on how to prevent shares from being loaned out to short sellers:

“For long-term shareholders who believe in the Company’s future, the Company is highlighting the following actions you can take with your brokerage firm to prevent the lending of your shares for short selling,” Trump Media said in its supplement to its FAQ Wednesday.

The tips include holding DJT shares in a cash account at a brokerage firm as opposed to a margin account, “opting out of any securities lending program,” moving Trump Media shares to the company’s designated transfer agent, and transferring shares to a bank and “holding them in your retirement account.”

Don’t companies generally want the shares that are in the market to be as liquid as possible?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Whoever was propping up this POS stock is taking the day off today. Down 9% already.

When there is a lot of short interest, these things happen. A short squeeze can make it shoot up like a rocket.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Whoever was propping up this POS stock is taking the day off today. Down 9% already.

When there is a lot of short interest, these things happen. A short squeeze can make it shoot up like a rocket.

BLeP's lack of confidence has cost him a significant buying opportunity. It is off like it was shot out of a cannon.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and now the stock is up 15% today. back up to 30.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sosayusall wrote:
and now the stock is up 15% today. back up to 30.

Meme stock finally showing some signs of meme. Could be the next AMC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:

The GME method. Ain’t working out too well for them, but of course all the diamond hands think there is shady stuff going on with naked shorts. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is to some degree.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's got a really small float too, so it sets up well for this kind of activity. It doesn't take a whole lot to move the price.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
It's got a really small float too, so it sets up well for this kind of activity. It doesn't take a whole lot to move the price.

Today's volume was nearly triple the average daily volume. So, what do you think happened? Use small words, please.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:

Today's volume was nearly triple the average daily volume. So, what do you think happened? Use small words, please.

Short squeeze.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:

Lots of $ moved in... sorry for the 5 letter word,

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nunes is very concerned about retail investors.

Quote:
“This is particularly troubling given that ‘naked’ short selling often entails sophisticated market participants profiting at the expense of retail investors,” Nunes said.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another rally today.. I know no one really understands day to day moves in most stock, but this one is surprising. Is some big MAGA donor's propping it up?

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
SDGs “wife” just bought a lot more.

Ha, SDG's wife does not have access to any stock accounts or the ability to purchase stock. SDG does not invest in Trump and only donates to him to keep the little lady happy. Happy wife, happy life. Get it straight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Another rally today.. I know no one really understands day to day moves in most stock, but this one is surprising. Is some big MAGA donor's propping it up?

Yes. His name rhymes with Bladimir Wutin.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [SDG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Ha, SDG's wife does not have access to any stock accounts or the ability to purchase stock. SDG does not invest in Trump and only donates to him to keep the little lady happy. Happy wife, happy life. Get it straight.

Makes sense. The Quran does say you should keep your wife in line.

"I keep hoping for you to use your superior intellect to be less insufferable. Sadly, you continue to disappoint." - gofigure
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [sonofdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sonofdad wrote:
SDG wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Makes sense. The Quran does say you should keep your wife in line.

Go figure, I'm not even Muslim. May have to look into it, being that it is the religion of peace. Sounds nice.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is any stock with a 5B market cap as volatile as DJT?

Its pretty wild that the avg volume of DJT is higher than Exxon/facebook.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The other crazy part of this to me is, isn't this a company built around 1 person? I mean does truth social survive if Trump dies tomorrow? How long will people stay there, if he is no longer posting to it?

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its pretty wild that the avg volume of DJT is higher than Exxon/Facebook.//

Not sure what you are looking at, but DJT today about 6 million at around 32 bucks.

Exxon today abut 14 million shares at $121

Facebook(META) 15 million shares today at just over 500 bucks

It is probably a better metric to compare if you multiply shares traded times the stock price, that gives you how many $$$ were exchanged. You could have a penny stock trading tens of millions, but just a few bucks to move it one way or the other.. DJT is no where near the two you put up, but certainly a lot higher than many it should not be above. It will just take some time and the MAGA masses buying this thing to finally get tired and finally dump it. Or whoever is propping it up to pull the plug, then we go to 0...
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahhh. I was pulling the avg from google finance. it covers a 30 day window (which I think DJT went public a month ago) because their 30 day avg dropped from around 15 mill-->9 mil.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
The other crazy part of this to me is, isn't this a company built around 1 person? I mean does truth social survive if Trump dies tomorrow? How long will people stay there, if he is no longer posting to it?

If Truth Social folds, the finances improve. It is a money-burning furnace while active.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you own ketchup stock? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

If Truth Social folds, the finances improve. It is a money-burning furnace while active.

I think it would fold if Trump dies, and likely will anyway.

To me, this the problem with Truth Social: It is a right-wing safe space, but if they know that there are no, or very few, liberals/progressives/Dems using it, then it cannot be used to "trigger the libs," which I think is why a lot of right-wingers post on Instagram, X and Facebook.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
trail wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

To me, this the problem with Truth Social: It is a right-wing safe space, but if they know that there are no, or very few, liberals/progressives/Dems using it, then it cannot be used to "trigger the libs," which I think is why a lot of right-wingers post on Instagram, X and Facebook.

Yeah, TylerTri only posts here fingers-crossed he gets Nutella to respond. Endorphin rush of getting a rise out of someone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
trail wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

I think you're close, but at the end of the day it's about advertising dollars, and if only those in the echo chamber are using it, advertisers are not reaching as many eyeballs. Like Michael Jordan said, "republicans buy sneakers too."

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply

Prev Next