Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Review for Magic5 Goggles [benleg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, i've been using R1 for about 3 years, then i give it a try to Magic5, bye bye ROKA. It was the first time in 45 years that i start swimming with a new goggles without leaking and not tight at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My experience is that they are terrible at customer service! I ordered a bundle of two on August 16th, on August 23rd I received notification that they were waiting for pickup by their carrier (DHL,) and should arrive soon. I haven’t received them yet. I’ve emailed their support three times and called and left a message to their phone support over the last week and have not even received a response!

So, obviously I can’t give you any feedback on the product quality since I haven’t received them yet but they promise 1 to 2 week delivery and it’s been over 3 weeks and they won’t even respond to my inquiry
Quote Reply
Re: Review for Magic5 Goggles [khouryd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
khouryd wrote:
Hi, i've been using R1 for about 3 years, then i give it a try to Magic5, bye bye ROKA. It was the first time in 45 years that i start swimming with a new goggles without leaking and not tight at all.

Thank you for your post

What date did you order please?

How long have they lasted?
Quote Reply
Re: Review for Magic5 Goggles [140triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
140triguy wrote:
The $58-75 range on the price of goggles seems pretty exorbitant, but people swear by these and often buy more than one pair. I don’t think I’ve spent more than $200-225 total on all the goggles I’ve bought since 2000. I’ve sometimes been tempted to buy a pair, but it seems like a lot, especially since I don’t experience the problems these purport to fix. Maybe as I get older and the skin around my eyes gets thinner, I’ll consider a more custom fit, but honestly, I don’t have any problems with comfort now.

I graduated from college in 1994. I was on my college swim team, and before that, on Club teams back to 1980. The bulk of my annual mileage, probably in the range of 4000km/year for the six years of 1988-1994, had me in the water for training at least 20 hours/week, and much more in the summer. I alternated between the classics: Speedo Sprint, Hind Compy, and Malmsten (Swedish) goggles. I never paid more than $4/pair, and probably no more than $32/year (inflation-adjusted to $65 in 2023?). I also never had fit problems and the solution to fogging was spitting/licking and rinsing. I still swim, but not as much, though I’ve had 1000km years as recently as 4 years ago, and 9+ mile OW swims as recently as 4 years ago, all with inexpensive goggles.

I guess I shouldn’t really have a problem with how people spend their money, and honestly, if finding comfort makes swimming something that is enjoyed and practiced more often, I’m in support. I’m just going to look for less expensive models that I’ve had success with and hope I can see 1000km in a year again soon.

UPDATE: Maybe it was a coincidence. A few days after the above post, I worked with a masters coach who wore a pair during a session. I asked about the goggles, and got a positive review. The coach had a few extra pairs and gave me one as a thanks for helping out. I tried the pair on, adjusted the straps and the nosepiece, and dove in for a 3600m swim. I was very impressed during that swim and the next one, both in direct sunlight. The goggles were very comfortable, and even more so when I loosened the straps as recommended. Knowing that I am going into indoor pool season, I took advantage of the Labor Day Sale to get a twofer of the "indoor bundle" for $60. I went through the scan process, and now I am just waiting for the shipment. I decided to put away for the winter the mirrored pair that I was given, and went back to my other goggles yesterday and today while I wait. I found myself missing the Magic5 goggles and really looking forward to the shipment. I anticipate that my "own" pairs will be even better.

I have been on record as being critical of the price. I do recognize that I had this criticism even as I pay >$60 several times per year on new running shoes (I run heavy and wear out the heels quicky). I have many different pairs of out-of-rotation running shoes littering the closet. I'm sure goggles stay much more useful for longer than old running shoes do.

Good work, Magic5, and I hope for continued success for your business model and product.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great to hear

Hope your custom goggles work just as well

Please update

I was a HUGE fan for years.

Until a few months ago when it seems things changed

Would be awesome for me to be a customer again if they have changed their manufacturing back to the high quality

By any chance do you know when your coach bought his?
Quote Reply
Re: Review for Magic5 Goggles [dfrohock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered an indoor bundle on the Labor Day Sale on September 2. After not getting word from them about updates, I found out today that they moved their production facility from NC to NYC. I hope they can get through their backlog quickly. I wish I'd gotten a notification when I ordered that this was in the works. I'm still looking forward to receiving my goggles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I finally got a response from them, they finally shipped and are expected to arrive on September 19th.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes the thread is old but…I
Bought my pair right before Covid then I just didn’t swim till today (Nov 23’). I just used them in the ocean sort of right of the case, fantastic. I have never ever had a pair of goggles fit so
Good that I kept them and didn’t fuss with them
Ever few sets or laps. Used them to snorkle and they were great. Just wanted someone to know if they were on the fence. Even years later
Quote Reply
Re: Review for Magic5 Goggles [beaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine work really well. I don’t notice them at all during races, which is about the highest compliment you can give a pair of goggles.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been wearing my clear pair for a few weeks now during indoor swims, and I have really enjoyed using those. I've really got those locked in with the nosepiece and head strap adjustments. There are slight problems when I also use me swim snorkel, since the strap on the snorkel seems to interfere a bit with the straps on the goggles, but otherwise things work great.
Quote Reply

Prev Next