Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fit Werx NJ
Quote | Reply
I hesitated several times before I decided to post this, but now I'm completely disgusted.

I went to Fit Werx NJ for a tri fit, and ended up buying a new QR bike from them.

Joe LoPorto, the location owner, is a personable, and seemingly knowledgeable guy, who spent a good deal of time on my bike fit. So I ordered a new QR bike in January which Joe assured me I'd have in time to train on and use in several out of state races in late spring. Not only did the bike not arrive when promised - which I can understand - but I had to move heaven and earth to get Joe to respond to my inquires. They almost never answer their phone, the voice mail is ALWAYS full, and they rarely respond to emails. When they do respond, it's not within any reasonable time, and often not responsive to my email.

When I finally picked up the bike it had a paint defect at the bottom bracket. Joe told me he would inform QR and get back to me. Of course he never did, and I never heard from QR. (I finally contacted them directly.) I have tried on 2 occasions to get Joe to tweak my fit, but he never responded to my emails and calls.

Best of luck if you decide to use them -- for anything.
Last edited by: gene99: Jun 6, 22 13:22
Quote Reply
Re: Fit Werx NJ [gene99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oof. I had a poor experience with them roughly 6 years ago when I was in college and had just gotten into triathlon. In retrospect it was a very bad fit experience and their communication was terrible after. Hell I'm pretty sure Slowman even intervened to get a part back that they had taken off my bike and just decided to keep. Unfortunate things haven't changed.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gene99 wrote:
I hesitated several times before I decided to post this, but now I'm completely disgusted.

I went to Fit Werx NJ for a tri fit, and ended up buying a new QR bike from them.

Joe LoPorto, the location owner, is a personable, and seemingly knowledgeable guy, who spent a good deal of time on my bike fit. So I ordered a new QR bike in January which Joe assured me I'd have in time to train on and use in several out of state races in late spring. Not only did the bike not arrive when promised - which I can understand - but I had to move heaven and earth to get Joe to respond to my inquires. They almost never answer their phone, the voice mail is ALWAYS full, and they rarely respond to emails. When they do respond, it's not within any reasonable time, and often not responsive to my email.

When I finally picked up the bike it had a paint defect at the bottom bracket. Joe told me he would inform QR and get back to me. Of course he never did, and I never heard from QR. (I finally contacted them directly.) I have tried on 2 occasions to get Joe to tweak my fit, but he never responded to my emails and calls.

Best of luck if you decide to use them -- for anything.

I didn't want to post in this manner either:
Did you ever get in touch with him? He currently has my bike and dozens of phone calls and emails can't get in touch with him to get my bike back.

2019 Felt IA3
2022 Giant TCR Pro
Find me on strava
https://strava.app.link/HoaJ6fq5AHb
Quote Reply
Re: Fit Werx NJ [brad.bischoff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Brad -

Unfortuneately no. I gave up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
North Jersey = I'm not surprised

They have a lot of ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ reviews on Google; maybe give them ⭐️ to even things out - just copy & paste exactly what you have posted here

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Fit Werx NJ [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
North Jersey = I'm not surprised

They have a lot of ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ reviews on Google; maybe give them ⭐️ to even things out - just copy & paste exactly what you have posted here

Didn't want to do this but here we go.
Joe did my fit on my Felt ia3.
He needed time to order SRM hydros.
No problem
2 weeks turned into 3.
Last week after 15 phone calls and 10 emails to corporate fitwerx finally made contact with Joe on Tuesday 4/23.

Joe advised it would be ready for a 4pm pick up.

Bike wasn't even being close to complete. Made me wait another 90 minutes.

Changed is invoice from the initial 30 min labor to full hour and charged me additional $80.

It gets better:
Checking the bike over last night. The watshop brakets were not secured and the pole came out of the extension.
My di2 won't shift to smallest chainring a day my default 000000 won't work. Changed my number.

Bike was not race ready and was going to be a death trap.

I didn't want to post this but I am sick to my stomach.
The lost time and now the added expense to bring to another shop to fix his mistakes.

Fitwerx is not franchise and allowed Joe the licensing rights. It's a pure shame that fitwerx gets dragged into this because of his lack of professionalism.

I will never use Joe again and I honestly hope people looking for a fit will do their research and find someone else.

This has been the worst customer experience or interaction I have ever encountered.

2019 Felt IA3
2022 Giant TCR Pro
Find me on strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I 👍'd your review in solidarity/support

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in a similar situation. I purchased a bike in October, and the last contact I was able to make was in February. I understand that Fit Werx MA and VT has disassociated themselves from Joe. Based on your post, it sounds like the location was still open as of a week ago, which is a positive. I do not really know what to do next.
Quote Reply
Re: Fit Werx NJ [spcasey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spcasey wrote:
I am in a similar situation. I purchased a bike in October, and the last contact I was able to make was in February. I understand that Fit Werx MA and VT has disassociated themselves from Joe. Based on your post, it sounds like the location was still open as of a week ago, which is a positive. I do not really know what to do next.

I have a good memory of bikes on the wall at his shop. What did you order?

Call him non stop to get him on the phone.

Follow him on strava and leave comments on his activities "where is my bike" you'll get his attention.

Good luck.

2019 Felt IA3
2022 Giant TCR Pro
Find me on strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would ask for an update ASAP. I hate to talk bad about a small business but I got the absolute run around and felt taken advantage of. I went for a fit and ordered a bike in November 2023, initial estimate was 3 weeks and I put ~70% down as a deposit. After several calls and emails with limited to no response, I sent an email in late Feb 2024 asking for an update and letting Joe know that If i didn't hear back within a couple days I would be disputing the charges with my CC company. I waited even longer than I said I would and ultimately disputed the charges and got my money back.

To this day I still never received any explanation or response from Fit Werx. I recently ordered basically the same bike from my LBS and they said if FitWerx actually ordered the bike when I paid, theres no reason I shouldn't have had it. Either way the experience, lack of communication etc. was incredibly frustrating
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered a Trek Speed Concept (the largest size as I am 6'5"). I also put 70% down, which is why I am worried. I will assume that he is just buried and keep trying to contact him for the time being, as you suggest. I would honestly be fine, just getting the bike and having someone else put it together at this point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spcasey wrote:
I ordered a Trek Speed Concept (the largest size as I am 6'5"). I also put 70% down, which is why I am worried. I will assume that he is just buried and keep trying to contact him for the time being, as you suggest. I would honestly be fine, just getting the bike and having someone else put it together at this point.

Sorry mate. No speed concepts especially in that size.

The VT Vitwerx team did advise filing police reports with Ridgfield Park NJ and possible NJ state police against Fitwerx Ridgefield Park NJ & Joe LoPorto.

Luckily it didn't cross that point for me with my hostage Felt Ia.

If you want your bikes, equipment and wheels from him. Stay on top of him. Call him non stop.

Best of luck.

2019 Felt IA3
2022 Giant TCR Pro
Find me on strava
Quote Reply