Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: AWA Benefits Just Got Real - Free Transfers & Deferrals [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scca_ita wrote:
They reply sorry we try to be fair and equitable but only offer a 25% refund.

I'm in the same boat. I'm not sure if anyone has any stuff that dates back to when we signed up but I would not have signed up so soon for a race in July of 2023 if this was going to be the situation. If they give me 25% back and I never sign up for another race they've lost that money forever. If they would just offer the transfer to another race I might sign up for future races and buy merchandise. Seems like an awful big hill for them to be standing on.

It's also interesting that the other continents can be done via a form but US & Canada have to jump through hoops."If you have any questions with regards to North America event Transfers, Withdrawals or Deferral, please contact the event specific email address, which can be found under Connect on the event webpages."
Last edited by: Lehrn2Lose: Mar 5, 24 13:56
Quote Reply
Re: AWA Benefits Just Got Real - Free Transfers & Deferrals [Lehrn2Lose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I reached out to IM directly after getting the same BS response from Charlie at Oceanside. They are standing firm on the 45 day rule and refuse to acknowledge they are lying and changed the Flex90 policy after I/we registered. You can be certain they lost a customer.
Quote Reply
Re: AWA Benefits Just Got Real - Free Transfers & Deferrals [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
They are standing firm on the 45 day rule and refuse to acknowledge they are lying and changed the Flex90 policy after I/we registered.

Does anyone have any proof of an actual switch? I registered in July and can't find anything that referenced any policies in any emails or active.com registration information. All I have is the 2023 link that was already provided above.
Quote Reply
Re: AWA Benefits Just Got Real - Free Transfers & Deferrals [Lehrn2Lose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lehrn2Lose wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
They are standing firm on the 45 day rule and refuse to acknowledge they are lying and changed the Flex90 policy after I/we registered.

Does anyone have any proof of an actual switch? I registered in July and can't find anything that referenced any policies in any emails or active.com registration information. All I have is the 2023 link that was already provided above.

FWIW this is the text I have from the original announcement email. This does state you can exercise the policy within 7 days of the event. However, it seems the "partial refund for withdrawals where a transfer or deferral is not issued" may be a way for them to wiggle out of their end of the deal.

With Flex90, IRONMAN’s enhanced First 90 Days Registration offer, if your plans change, you can adjust your race date to fit your new goal.  Benefits are available when you register for a 2023 IRONMAN event within the First 90 Days of the IRONMAN event’s registration opening and are redeemable up to 7-days prior to the event start: 

Fee-free transfer to any available IRONMAN (or IRONMAN 70.3) event within the region, in 2023

Free deferral to the same IRONMAN event in 2024

Partial registration refund for withdrawals (where a transfer or deferral is not issued)
Quote Reply

Prev Next