Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM 70.3 World Champs 2025 [cherry_bomb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cherry_bomb wrote:
Marbella in particular has become the butt of a joke off the back of a UK reality show called The Only Way Is Essex (think Jersey Shore) whose cast had a catchphrase of "no carbs before Marbs" in relation to pre-vacation dieting.

Maybe Dan Plews could adopt it :)

Well, it sounds like someone needs to make a bunch of bootleg event shirts!

More Carbs Before Marbs would just as easily do well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had to Google it and watched a bit of an episode...can't un-watch that now, absolute crap.

But anyway, I think it's a cool destination. Hopefully the wife agrees, and we can make it work. Taupo seems like an amazing destination too but I can't make it work.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Champs 2025 [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lurker4 wrote:
cherry_bomb wrote:
Marbella in particular has become the butt of a joke off the back of a UK reality show called The Only Way Is Essex (think Jersey Shore) whose cast had a catchphrase of "no carbs before Marbs" in relation to pre-vacation dieting.

Maybe Dan Plews could adopt it :)

Well, it sounds like someone needs to make a bunch of bootleg event shirts!

More Carbs Before Marbs would just as easily do well.

lol. If I qualify I am 100% getting a ‘More Carbs Before Marbs’ T-shirt made up to wear to the pasta party!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shouldn't that be a paella party?
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Champs 2025 [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:
Had to Google it and watched a bit of an episode...can't un-watch that now, absolute crap.

But anyway, I think it's a cool destination. Hopefully the wife agrees, and we can make it work. Taupo seems like an amazing destination too but I can't make it work.

Went there in 2017 for marbella! If you have the time you can also rent a car and drive in land. We went to ronda (old town must see) and sevilla! Sevilla is so underrated amazing food on every corner of the city, small nice tapas bars etc.
Gibraltar is also a day trip.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Champs 2025 [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya, I am definitely driving around the area. I have been to Sevilla and Cordova and really enjoyed my time there.

Would like to explore the Sierra Nevada area and maybe ride up the Pico Veleta. May have to rent a road bike as I will not look cool on a TT bike and aero helmet up there ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're renting, see if there's any gravel bike options. You can go to where the Vuelta finishes on a road bike, but the top really needs something more robust.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Champs 2025 [Ing.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tip, so definitely no TT bike up there lol. gravel road for the las few kms I suspect?
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Champs 2025 [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lurker4 wrote:
Shouldn't that be a paella party?

Sorry but paella isn't the typical dish in the area, you can have the best paella in Valencia IM70.3 ;)
Here is more about 'pescaito frito' (fried fish).

About the bike course , there might be some changes . I will update once I know but it might take some time to confirm as the new (possible) part of the course isn't ready , but if it happens it will be a beautiful one.
Last edited by: jaimev: Jan 25, 24 0:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:
Thanks for the tip, so definitely no TT bike up there lol. gravel road for the las few kms I suspect?

You'll be ok with a road bike , it's just the last 2K.

To get an idea , take a look here:
https://www.dandounavuelta.es/...ta-en-bicicleta.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
Engner66 wrote:
(and Marbella is hardly a 'must visit' destination). To each their own . . . Just out of curiosity, but what would you consider a must visit location if you could choose where the worlds would take place next year? (have to be a IM 70.3 race location)
Great question. For Brits Marbella is associated with value for money holidays, sun-burnt hoi poloi and too much alcohol (massive and probably biassed unfair stereotyping [edit: I have never watched TOWIE]. I will think on my top choice (of course having an existing 70.3 reduces that). Hasn't San Francisco had a 70.3, or is that just EfA? What a great venue for a middle distance race! Or Dubai? Or London?
I said I'd come back on this.
A London middle distance based at the Olympic Park would be a great destination.
Challenge London was won by Laidlow and Langridge last year. Run by Motiv Sports: where have I heard that event company mentioned before?
https://www.tri247.com/...ondon-announced-2023

This year it's on 28 July and the middle distance 'new in 2023' is/was 1.9km/80km(3 laps) /21km(6 laps) (short bike (70.3) or long run (100k format)).
https://challenge-london.com/races/middle-distance/
Made for a 100km race?
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Jan 29, 24 7:55
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Champs 2025 [pwai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pwai wrote:
Join the best in the world they come together in Marbella, Spain on November 8-9, 2025.
The date is a surprise, that means 70.3 worlds could take place after IM worlds.
I am not sure the dates of IM worlds Nice & Kona 2025 have been announced, have they?
Three months on, the dates for the 2025 Ironman WCs are 14 September and 11 October (4 weeks apart), and then another 4 weeks to Marbella.
https://www.ironman.com/...kona-2025-race-dates (I don't know when this was published).

Racing Kona (IMWC) and Marbella is thus entirely doable, but the top 15+ athletes will be committed to the final races of the T100 Tour in October/November (with the long distance-capable ones missing one of those races to compete in IMWC Kona).
I cannot see contracted athletes choosing to miss the 'last in the regular season' T100 race in order to race Marbella.
The T100 Tour 'Grand Final' in the same month (November) will mean the Ironman-styled middle distance 'World Champs' will be diminished in stature to a 'B' final.
Maybe Marbella will be the showcase event for those who've left SC and are racing draft-legal. Very few (maybe Bergere) such athletes (less Knibb, Spivey, Duffy and van Riel who are contracted in 2024) will get 2025 PTO contracts and will have to settle for wildcard opportunities in 2025.
Quote Reply

Prev Next